Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Developer Blog: HK-51 Classified Intel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Developer Blog: HK-51 Classified Intel
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nimithril
11.02.2012 , 11:12 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by sandisrd View Post
I think this is unfair!, if you only can get him at level 50, it's just not make any sense!... How can I take him in my adventures through out the galaxy?, if at level 50 pretty much everything is already done?, moreover it will be a lot interesting if you can get him in a middle of the story!, and it will make a perfect sense, because you will have a time to logically customize him and he would serve the story line, apart from just being trophy at end of the game...
Yes, because they are never going to raise the level cap (which they have already said they are going to do) and because they are never going to add more chapters to the existing story (which they have already said they are going to do) and because every MMO in existence has ended/stopped/gone into stasis after the first max level and has never expanded after that (/rollseyes).
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAbominor View Post
And finally, sitting through this video is like watching a 6 year old bash his own head in with a frying pan.. just not as entertaining.
Quote: Originally Posted by nvoid View Post
That's my new facebook status: Shut up the f$$%$% mouth!

vian
11.02.2012 , 11:27 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by dubsackmcgee View Post
So when is it cause I have to say I am starting to lose faith in ToR..{whiny fantitlement rant deleted}.
So, there's a Dev post which positively screams "Hey - new content incoming! Heads up everyone!" and all you can do is whine about how instant gratification takes too long? What the heck is wrong with you?

SWTOR is going gangbusters compared to a Very Panda MMO, which didn't release updates for almost 2 years. And considering that the Devs have had to switch to a new, complicated business model in their launch year, the number of events, new Ops and War Zones they've managed to come out with have actually been quite impressive.

You have a number of options; play the game, and be patient, secure in the knowledge that the hurdle of F2P is almost behind us, and hey - there's new content even before then. Or, toddle off and play something else. There's no shortage of other stuff out there, if you find yourself getting bored. Come back in a month or two.

Also: HK!!! Squeee! How I've missed you!!
Two blasters; no waiting!

Hudlar
11.03.2012 , 02:20 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Master Kaedan: "We need to assign one of our top Jedi to take custody of this killer. Someone who can restrain its violence to only the gravest necessity, and can keep moving, stay one step ahead of the Empire and the crime lords."
Master Shan: "So be it, then."
Very nice! I'll definitely go with this scenario if I decide to get HK-51 for my Jedi Knight.

Xenirath
11.03.2012 , 03:32 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by DameonLG View Post
Well, I love this idea, I think everyone should have the chance to own a droid that's not a freaking obnoxious steward. If I could replace my Steward permanently with HK-51 I'd be over the forest moon of Endor.

I really hope he won't require going to a place where we can be griefed by other players and prevented from getting him. =(
Then your hopes are to be dashed, can you say outlaws den fun tiems!!!! I can!!!

Muahahahahahaahhaa
The Three Topics Better Not Discussed Online:
1)Religion
2)Politics
3)Which Videogames are Better

Xitzay
11.03.2012 , 05:40 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by sandisrd
I think this is unfair!, if you only can get him at level 50, it's just not make any sense!... How can I take him in my adventures through out the galaxy?, if at level 50 pretty much everything is already done?, moreover it will be a lot interesting if you can get him in a middle of the story!, and it will make a perfect sense, because you will have a time to logically customize him and he would serve the story line, apart from just being trophy at end of the game...

I call shenanigans....I unlocked on test in about 4 hours. Once the shop was online I rolled a lvl 1 sith sorc. Sent a couple million credits to the new toon. Paid one million to unlock HK for an imp character under legacy. Started using. And he rocks. Yes, his armor and gear is all tionese level and he cant use the stuff he comes with till youre 50. But have already crafted motor and parts from cybertech and threw em on him and he can use those as you level. He absolutely rocks early on. Started at level one with my presence bonuses at 2.5k hp to my 300 or such. That char is 12 now and hes round 3.5k with no gear and is fun as hell to play with. So trophy away.

AelixVII
11.03.2012 , 06:06 AM | #36
Good Lord, so much focus on Belsavis in this new content! the planet itself is huge, then we get an ops based on it, then some dailies, then more sets of upcoming dailies now the next companion is from there too...

(This isn't a complaint just an observation. I'd like to see other planets getting similar love like how Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa did for the events)

Darth-Malice
11.03.2012 , 11:52 AM | #37
So will this more efficient and better HK model be able to solo HK-47?
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

DameonLG
11.03.2012 , 11:58 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Xitzay View Post
I call shenanigans....I unlocked on test in about 4 hours. Once the shop was online I rolled a lvl 1 sith sorc. Sent a couple million credits to the new toon. Paid one million to unlock HK for an imp character under legacy. Started using. And he rocks. Yes, his armor and gear is all tionese level and he cant use the stuff he comes with till youre 50. But have already crafted motor and parts from cybertech and threw em on him and he can use those as you level. He absolutely rocks early on. Started at level one with my presence bonuses at 2.5k hp to my 300 or such. That char is 12 now and hes round 3.5k with no gear and is fun as hell to play with. So trophy away.
I assume he's got no quest dialogue at low levels? I know when I got 4X and then went back to do the quests on Taris he didn't have a single line anywhere on the planet.

AshlaBoga
11.03.2012 , 04:14 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by AelixVII View Post
Good Lord, so much focus on Belsavis in this new content! the planet itself is huge, then we get an ops based on it, then some dailies, then more sets of upcoming dailies now the next companion is from there too...

(This isn't a complaint just an observation. I'd like to see other planets getting similar love like how Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa did for the events)
Well the next Operation [Scum & Villainy] is on Varl, that's a change at least.
And the last of the Dread Master series [The Dread Masters] (KP, EC, TfB, S&V, DM) will be set on Lethon, AKA Rakata Prime.

It's true that EV, the Belsavis Dailies, the Area X dailies and HK-51 are Belsavis based, but testing Area X was more like Kaon Under Siege with Kintans and Terenteks instead of Rakghouls - so it felt very little like Belsavis and more like the zoo from hell.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

johnhansen
11.03.2012 , 07:57 PM | #40
What are we going to use HK for? running around and showing off???