Community Developer Blog: HK-51 Classified Intel

CourtneyWoods

Why can't you use him in lower levels? Why because your character is too weak to, at 50 your character who destroy the forces that were guarding the HK unit is more than a match to control this crazy droid. I can't imagine a level 25, 30 or 35 character looking for this droid and surviving, plus for those people who are still leveling, getting the HK is additional content

And say to me...on which level was your character when he was dealing with HK-47? 35? Do you really think that it is so hard to find this droid to someone who is after The Foundry? :)

Edited by DarthVictus

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And say to me...on which level was your character when he was dealing with HK-47? 35? Do you really think that it is so hard to find this droid to someone who is after The Foundry? :)

How amusing, while its true you fought HK-47 after his 300 year guarding of the foundry at level 35. He is HK-47, he is obsolete compared to the 51 unit, he has been guarding the foundry by controlling the droids, he even admits that he hasn't been able to do his "job" for a long time. This would make him rusty since he had no updates as a droid would have to keep their skills fresh and effective. How is this hard to consider or do you want a run down on how this works or do you too need a easy mode? Also the foundry did not have the HK-51 units, did you even read http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20121102?

Please read this and reconsider your question.

Can't wait, I'm seriously hoping he has meat-bag protocols available either by default or a story option. I want my Kotor buddy back!

I felt so sad to having to destroy my favorite companion twice in flashpoints, it felt like the ultimate betrayal. :jawa_frown:

Can't wait to get him n my 50 and then on every alt I have via the legacy for my lowbies or duplicate quest for my 50s

Well, I love this idea, I think everyone should have the chance to own a droid that's not a freaking obnoxious steward. If I could replace my Steward permanently with HK-51 I'd be over the forest moon of Endor.

I really hope he won't require going to a place where we can be griefed by other players and prevented from getting him. =(

I think this is unfair!, if you only can get him at level 50, it's just not make any sense!... How can I take him in my adventures through out the galaxy?, if at level 50 pretty much everything is already done?, moreover it will be a lot interesting if you can get him in a middle of the story!, and it will make a perfect sense, because you will have a time to logically customize him and he would serve the story line, apart from just being trophy at end of the game...

Yes, because they are never going to raise the level cap (which they have already said they are going to do) and because they are never going to add more chapters to the existing story (which they have already said they are going to do) and because every MMO in existence has ended/stopped/gone into stasis after the first max level and has never expanded after that (/rollseyes).

So when is it cause I have to say I am starting to lose faith in ToR..{whiny fantitlement rant deleted}.

So, there's a Dev post which positively screams "Hey - new content incoming! Heads up everyone!" and all you can do is whine about how instant gratification takes too long? What the heck is wrong with you?

SWTOR is going gangbusters compared to a Very Panda MMO, which didn't release updates for almost 2 years. And considering that the Devs have had to switch to a new, complicated business model in their launch year, the number of events, new Ops and War Zones they've managed to come out with have actually been quite impressive.

You have a number of options; play the game, and be patient, secure in the knowledge that the hurdle of F2P is almost behind us, and hey - there's new content even before then. Or, toddle off and play something else. There's no shortage of other stuff out there, if you find yourself getting bored. Come back in a month or two.

Also: HK!!! Squeee! How I've missed you!!

Master Kaedan: "We need to assign one of our top Jedi to take custody of this killer. Someone who can restrain its violence to only the gravest necessity, and can keep moving, stay one step ahead of the Empire and the crime lords."

Master Shan: "So be it, then."

Very nice! I'll definitely go with this scenario if I decide to get HK-51 for my Jedi Knight.

Well, I love this idea, I think everyone should have the chance to own a droid that's not a freaking obnoxious steward. If I could replace my Steward permanently with HK-51 I'd be over the forest moon of Endor.

I really hope he won't require going to a place where we can be griefed by other players and prevented from getting him. =(

Then your hopes are to be dashed, can you say outlaws den fun tiems!!!! I can!!!

Muahahahahahaahhaa

Quote: Originally Posted by sandisrd

I think this is unfair!, if you only can get him at level 50, it's just not make any sense!... How can I take him in my adventures through out the galaxy?, if at level 50 pretty much everything is already done?, moreover it will be a lot interesting if you can get him in a middle of the story!, and it will make a perfect sense, because you will have a time to logically customize him and he would serve the story line, apart from just being trophy at end of the game...

I call shenanigans....I unlocked on test in about 4 hours. Once the shop was online I rolled a lvl 1 sith sorc. Sent a couple million credits to the new toon. Paid one million to unlock HK for an imp character under legacy. Started using. And he rocks. Yes, his armor and gear is all tionese level and he cant use the stuff he comes with till youre 50. But have already crafted motor and parts from cybertech and threw em on him and he can use those as you level. He absolutely rocks early on. Started at level one with my presence bonuses at 2.5k hp to my 300 or such. That char is 12 now and hes round 3.5k with no gear and is fun as hell to play with. So trophy away.

Edited by Xitzay

Good Lord, so much focus on Belsavis in this new content! the planet itself is huge, then we get an ops based on it, then some dailies, then more sets of upcoming dailies now the next companion is from there too...

(This isn't a complaint just an observation. I'd like to see other planets getting similar love like how Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa did for the events)

Edited by AelixVII

I call shenanigans....I unlocked on test in about 4 hours. Once the shop was online I rolled a lvl 1 sith sorc. Sent a couple million credits to the new toon. Paid one million to unlock HK for an imp character under legacy. Started using. And he rocks. Yes, his armor and gear is all tionese level and he cant use the stuff he comes with till youre 50. But have already crafted motor and parts from cybertech and threw em on him and he can use those as you level. He absolutely rocks early on. Started at level one with my presence bonuses at 2.5k hp to my 300 or such. That char is 12 now and hes round 3.5k with no gear and is fun as hell to play with. So trophy away.

I assume he's got no quest dialogue at low levels? I know when I got 4X and then went back to do the quests on Taris he didn't have a single line anywhere on the planet.

Good Lord, so much focus on Belsavis in this new content! the planet itself is huge, then we get an ops based on it, then some dailies, then more sets of upcoming dailies now the next companion is from there too...

(This isn't a complaint just an observation. I'd like to see other planets getting similar love like how Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa did for the events)

Well the next Operation [scum & Villainy] is on Varl, that's a change at least.

And the last of the Dread Master series [The Dread Masters] (KP, EC, TfB, S&V, DM) will be set on Lethon, AKA Rakata Prime.

It's true that EV, the Belsavis Dailies, the Area X dailies and HK-51 are Belsavis based, but testing Area X was more like Kaon Under Siege with Kintans and Terenteks instead of Rakghouls - so it felt very little like Belsavis and more like the zoo from hell.

What are we going to use HK for? running around and showing off???:confused:

1. Leveling your lowbies (1M credits OR 350 CC per character). Previously I thought you had to be level 10 (Advanced Class) to access this perk, but I saw a pic of someone on the PTS at level 1 with HK-51 so that means you can be ANY level. As a matter of fact, HK-51 will make Korriban/Hutta and Tython/Ord Mantel a lot shorter since you can get him as soon as you create your character:cool:

2. Soloing Belsavis and Black Hole Heroics.

3. Soloing SM D7, BoI, FE or HM BT, D7, FE.

4. Open world PvP - outside of Outlaw's Den

5. Role Play

6. Leveling from level 50-55 (in late December, early January).

What are we going to use HK for? running around and showing off???:confused:

Query: You need more, meatbag?

Statement: All HK units are equipped with state of the art assassination hardware and software, making them ideal for high-risk operations.

Addendum: HK secondary functions include a large variety of customisable crafting options which will give you superior equipment in the field.

Will this be essentially another full fledged companion? Think it will have a story to fit the class storyline, or just slapped in there? Customizable looks/gear at all?

This is what I was wondering. I mean I love HK, but if he's not going to get -any- points from standing in the background, and is completely silent during every quest (aside from his combat speech) I'll be sad.

Affirmation: Sorry to disillusion you, but the only thing crumpled will be your pathetic droids once my Sith Alchemy-enhanced HK-51 turns them to scrap ... meatbag!

Sith Alchemy enhanced? Man, my main's a Sorc and I didn't even consider that idea.

Out of curiosity, are you going to be implanting Tsil-like crystals into HK-51 and imbuing them with as much Dark Side energy as they can hold? I'm of the mind to remove brain cells from a Jedi PoW and add them to HK-51's CPU. But I'm worried he'll complain about the presence of "Organics" in his system. I get enough bloody whining from Ashara.

Edited by AshlaBoga

This is what I was wondering. I mean I love HK, but if he's not going to get -any- points from standing in the background, and is completely silent during every quest (aside from his combat speech) I'll be sad.

You get 5-6 convos with him and he talks apparently during all Makeb content (which is either coming Dec '12 or Jan '13).

You get 5-6 convos with him and he talks apparently during all Makeb content (which is either coming Dec '12 or Jan '13).

That's nice, but I mean during early levels. Like if I send him to a level 1 alt, I won't get to hear him call any of the NPCs meatbags? =(

That's nice, but I mean during early levels. Like if I send him to a level 1 alt, I won't get to hear him call any of the NPCs meatbags? =(

Maybe he'll have a few stock phrases during combat, like companions do now? Like Corso's "Now you're dumb, ugly AND dead." et al. I guess we don't have to wait long to find out.

I'm willing to bet this is because there isn't a lot of lore to worry about breaking there.

If they were to make a story on Kashik I'm sure there would be people popping up complaining that it goes against some other Star Wars work.