Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dovahbrah's Avatar


Dovahbrah
11.02.2012 , 09:21 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
My wildest suggestion would be a leap, pretty much for fun but also would have small utility. Why not have a Jet Pack leap to a ground target, or to an enemy target, or to a friendly? I really don't put this on the main list because it would suck the credibility right out of the entire list. Its just my 1 crazy thing to suggest.
A leap to an enemy wouldn't make sense. Mercs are a ranged class, they have no business leaping to an enemy, as the whole point is to stay in range. A leap to a ground target, a friendly or both makes sense however.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.02.2012 , 09:32 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Dovahbrah View Post
A leap to an enemy wouldn't make sense. Mercs are a ranged class, they have no business leaping to an enemy, as the whole point is to stay in range. A leap to a ground target, a friendly or both makes sense however.
Ya, I think Bloodloss knew that suggestion was pretty crazy. (I'm still thinking jump to friendly would be nice lol). I think jump to target area is too ripe for abuse in both PvP and PvE (Jump to datacrons, Jump ramps with no one on them, jump the walls on civil war, etc...)

I think the thing the class needs most is an escape, but as other's have said, better defensive CD's would go a long way without risking the Dev's screwing something up with a new skill/mechanic. I can imagine it now, Escape being a 15 meter back jump, only 50% of the time it doesn't go off, 25% you lag back, and the other 25% you jump into a fire pit. -.-

Does anyone actually use our crappy HoT tactically?

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
11.02.2012 , 09:36 PM | #113
yay not banned anymore!

it seems all my previous posts in this thread have been removed, so here is my Mercenary Manifesto again:

- Unload made uninterruptable for Arsenal. tie it to the Barrage proc effect
- A talent box in the Pyrotech tree to make Power Shot instant cast.
- CGC snare returned to 50%
- 4s stun returned to 30m
- Burst run ability, think a cross between Hydraulic Overrides and Force Speed (for the entrie Merc AC)
- Arsenal needs a better slow. Increase duration of Unload slow talent box, increase Jet Boost slow duration through related talent box in that tree.

That is what needs to be done to balance Merc. None of these changes affects damage output or effectiveness in PvE. They are all changes to mobility or utility, and to allow us to better combat the onslaught of melee opponents. People will claim that this would make Merc "king of kiting", but against what bads? Melee classes have an overabundance of slows/roots/pulls/leaps/etc to maintain melee range with their opponents. Even with changes like these, Merc would still have an uphill battle with attempting to kite even average skill level melee opponents.

Dovahbrah's Avatar


Dovahbrah
11.02.2012 , 10:01 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
yay not banned anymore! .
I know this feel.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

Dovahbrah's Avatar


Dovahbrah
11.02.2012 , 10:04 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Ya, I think Bloodloss knew that suggestion was pretty crazy. (I'm still thinking jump to friendly would be nice lol). I think jump to target area is too ripe for abuse in both PvP and PvE (Jump to datacrons, Jump ramps with no one on them, jump the walls on civil war, etc...)
Yeah, I guess it could be abused in PvE. It's a bummer, cause it would be a cool and unique escape ability.

Quote:
I think the thing the class needs most is an escape, but as other's have said, better defensive CD's would go a long way without risking the Dev's screwing something up with a new skill/mechanic. I can imagine it now, Escape being a 15 meter back jump, only 50% of the time it doesn't go off, 25% you lag back, and the other 25% you jump into a fire pit. -.-
Honestly, I think some type of sprint ability, as well as increased movement speed/removal of snares after using our knockback would be golden escape abilities that seem reasonable.

Also, perhaps they could lower the cooldown on our shield, and perhaps make our casts uninterruptable while it's activated.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

Dovahbrah's Avatar


Dovahbrah
11.02.2012 , 10:32 PM | #116
Added a list of changes proposed by others onto the first post.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

DariusCalera's Avatar


DariusCalera
11.02.2012 , 10:35 PM | #117
Giving Commandos and Mercs an ability similar to VG Tactics Pulse Generator for Full Auto and Unload would be a good start.

The ability is already coded and would just need to be touched up a bit for the gaining ACs.

truchaos's Avatar


truchaos
11.02.2012 , 10:51 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Dovahbrah View Post
Also, perhaps they could lower the cooldown on our shield, and perhaps make our casts uninterruptable while it's activated.
You can already spec into this effect as a merc/mando- or do you want to take away a unique facet of the healing tree?
Dread Slayer Daphni Morkai
I will not fail REIGN I cannot die

Dovahbrah's Avatar


Dovahbrah
11.02.2012 , 10:53 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by truchaos View Post
or do you want to take away a unique facet of the healing tree?
Indeed.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

Doomsdaycomes's Avatar


Doomsdaycomes
11.03.2012 , 12:01 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by truchaos View Post
You can already spec into this effect as a merc/mando- or do you want to take away a unique facet of the healing tree?
Agreed.

I'd tie an unitteruptable next skill onto reserve powercell, so it's a no ammo/heat unintteruptable cast, on a 60-90 second cool down. If people are worried about healers using it too, it can always be talented in the gunnery tree.