Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Developer Blog: HK-51 Classified Intel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Developer Blog: HK-51 Classified Intel
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sandisrd
11.02.2012 , 04:52 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
You do realize that 50 isn't the end of the game forever, right?
Yes!, but the main story content is through out the levels until you reach level 50...
Collector's edition owner
''Blindness of Democracy has grown her roots in every one of us, it's up to us individually to find it and eliminated it!'' - Darth Imperius

Lurtzello
11.02.2012 , 05:16 PM | #22
HK-47 himself said that assassination was about efficiency (even though in the restored content of KOTOR II): <When I kill, when I dispatch a target, it is not about wanton slaughter. About body count. It is about finesse, function. Doing more with less. It is "Art.">
I hope the fact that such efficiency is highlighted for HK-51s it means that it's even more important and not that it hasn't been considered for HK-41!
Everything is STAR WARS is the best.

Cloakofsin
11.02.2012 , 05:54 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by sandisrd View Post
I think this is unfair!, if you only can get him at level 50, it's just not make any sense!... How can I take him in my adventures through out the galaxy?, if at level 50 pretty much everything is already done?, moreover it will be a lot interesting if you can get him in a middle of the story!, and it will make a perfect sense, because you will have a time to logically customize him and he would serve the story line, apart from just being trophy at end of the game...
Let's think about this for a minute. Its a nearly impossible task to find this droid and recover it. (in-lore) and very hard and annoying to get him in-game. He's a killer who thinks anyone organic is a target expect the lucky person who controls him (it's master).
Why can't you use him in lower levels? Why because your character is too weak to, at 50 your character who destroy the forces that were guarding the HK unit is more than a match to control this crazy droid. I can't imagine a level 25, 30 or 35 character looking for this droid and surviving, plus for those people who are still leveling, getting the HK is additional content. I believe you can unlock him in your legacy where the quest is a lot easier to do with another character. Again for a level 50, yes this isn't much content yet, but when I roll my smuggler I want him to earn this droid, so by the time he is at 50 and has gone through all this crap and lived, he wants to find himself a powerful HK unit to watch his back.

When it comes to content, yes the pre-50 has decent content, I only remember a handful of moments where I enjoyed the planet's storyline and my own class storyline but end-game content like Ilum, black hole daily's, and the Belsavis daily's give a great opportunity to wreck chaos with HK-51. Plus I want to earn this bad boy, I don't it handed to every one of my toons at a early level, that doesn't work with your other companions, why would it work this time? Bioware has a lot on their plate and they're trying to make us happy, take it for what it is and try to enjoy, with a view like your you'll find faults within everything and ruin the entertainment value of it before you had the chance to enjoy it.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life, is when men are afraid of the Light.
-Plato:

GusVIII
11.02.2012 , 05:59 PM | #24
So, is each HK-51 going to have unique dialogue and companion missions for each separate character class?
<█[][][][][][o]={]▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Stumkrav
11.02.2012 , 06:05 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by GusVIII View Post
So, is each HK-51 going to have unique dialogue and companion missions for each separate character class?
Maybe for +Makeb :/

DarthVictus
11.02.2012 , 06:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cloakofsin View Post
Why can't you use him in lower levels? Why because your character is too weak to, at 50 your character who destroy the forces that were guarding the HK unit is more than a match to control this crazy droid. I can't imagine a level 25, 30 or 35 character looking for this droid and surviving, plus for those people who are still leveling, getting the HK is additional content
And say to me...on which level was your character when he was dealing with HK-47? 35? Do you really think that it is so hard to find this droid to someone who is after The Foundry?

ReclaimerDonar
11.02.2012 , 06:16 PM | #27
A question, when i find him on my main, and then i unlock him on my alt, via legacy, which is lvl 18, can i use HK on my lvl 18 alt?

Cloakofsin
11.02.2012 , 07:33 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVictus View Post
And say to me...on which level was your character when he was dealing with HK-47? 35? Do you really think that it is so hard to find this droid to someone who is after The Foundry?
How amusing, while its true you fought HK-47 after his 300 year guarding of the foundry at level 35. He is HK-47, he is obsolete compared to the 51 unit, he has been guarding the foundry by controlling the droids, he even admits that he hasn't been able to do his "job" for a long time. This would make him rusty since he had no updates as a droid would have to keep their skills fresh and effective. How is this hard to consider or do you want a run down on how this works or do you too need a easy mode? Also the foundry did not have the HK-51 units, did you even read http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20121102?
Please read this and reconsider your question.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life, is when men are afraid of the Light.
-Plato:

Xenirath
11.02.2012 , 10:18 PM | #29
Can't wait, I'm seriously hoping he has meat-bag protocols available either by default or a story option. I want my Kotor buddy back!

I felt so sad to having to destroy my favorite companion twice in flashpoints, it felt like the ultimate betrayal.

Can't wait to get him n my 50 and then on every alt I have via the legacy for my lowbies or duplicate quest for my 50s
The Three Topics Better Not Discussed Online:
1)Religion
2)Politics
3)Which Videogames are Better

DameonLG
11.02.2012 , 10:30 PM | #30
Well, I love this idea, I think everyone should have the chance to own a droid that's not a freaking obnoxious steward. If I could replace my Steward permanently with HK-51 I'd be over the forest moon of Endor.

I really hope he won't require going to a place where we can be griefed by other players and prevented from getting him. =(