Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What I Learned From 3vs3

Sindol
10.31.2012 , 03:08 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by alexsamma View Post
With a competent tank and a good healer you can heal through the focus fire of two dps.

I think team comp is really important for small group fights, and we knew going in that we would be hard pressed to match the damage output of teams with hybrid shadow tanks/sins,

Dizeren suggested that Sindol run in full vigi if we ever compete in an event like this again; it would be an interesting to see how a full vigi build guardian tank compares to a hybrid shadow/sin tank.
I'm gonna eventually try the full Vigi spec as a tank, but it will still be hard to match the DPS of the Assassin/Vanguard tank.
Sindol Level 55 Shadow Sinfany Level 55 Vanguard Lodnis Level 55 Juggernaut Kyndol Level 55 Assassin
Sindol Level 55 Guardian Kharr Level 55 Commando Sinistrid Level 55 Sentinel

TheronFett
10.31.2012 , 06:27 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBror View Post
Considering GG will be the defending champs. Maybe they would like to host.?
GG doesn't exactly strike me as a "give back to the community" type guild.

AlanShore
10.31.2012 , 06:52 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
GG doesn't exactly strike me as a "give back to the community" type guild.
Agreed, the only time they even want to play with the community in these types of tournaments is when they can use their hacks to win some monetary pool.
Inquisitorveil - LF Heavy RP Guild

AsiriusNazriel
10.31.2012 , 10:32 PM | #14
Lets keep this civil. Easiest thing to do is ignore people who you're not fond of and not give them any of your attention if they don't deserve it. Your time is worth more than that .
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

AlanShore
11.01.2012 , 12:59 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AsiriusNazriel View Post
Lets keep this civil. Easiest thing to do is ignore people who you're not fond of and not give them any of your attention if they don't deserve it. Your time is worth more than that .
Awesome advice Arash. Totally right
Inquisitorveil - LF Heavy RP Guild

wadecounty
11.01.2012 , 06:38 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindol View Post
I'm gonna eventually try the full Vigi spec as a tank, but it will still be hard to match the DPS of the Assassin/Vanguard tank.
I play full Vigilance in Soresu with small bits of tank gear plenty in PvP, its decent, but tbh I don't see an advantage over the hybrid if you're going to be in Soresu full-time. If you wanted more damage, at best I'd probably go 11/28/2, picking up Zen Strike and Master Focus to buff Master Strike and still going up to Warding Call in the left tree, but Plasma Brand just doesn't have much purpose unless you expect to actively switch stances (which I do a lot in regular games). Even if you wanted it purely for resetting Master Strike, the Focus cost is too high in Soresu.

But in a 3v3 setting, where you'll constantly be in combat, I don't think switching stances is going to be viable. And even if you did, Plasma Brand would be somewhat useless as the healer would have plenty of time to cleanse it.

One other option would be running Focus in Soresu, which is actually completely viable in 1.4 thanks to the buffs to Focus, but you'd be a bit less tanky than the Vigilance hybrid, and losing Unremitting and Focused Defense as a true defensive cooldown would definitely hurt. On the other hand, you'd dish out damage comparable to a Shadow tank.

Sindol
11.01.2012 , 04:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
I play full Vigilance in Soresu with small bits of tank gear plenty in PvP, its decent, but tbh I don't see an advantage over the hybrid if you're going to be in Soresu full-time. If you wanted more damage, at best I'd probably go 11/28/2, picking up Zen Strike and Master Focus to buff Master Strike and still going up to Warding Call in the left tree, but Plasma Brand just doesn't have much purpose unless you expect to actively switch stances (which I do a lot in regular games). Even if you wanted it purely for resetting Master Strike, the Focus cost is too high in Soresu.

But in a 3v3 setting, where you'll constantly be in combat, I don't think switching stances is going to be viable. And even if you did, Plasma Brand would be somewhat useless as the healer would have plenty of time to cleanse it.

One other option would be running Focus in Soresu, which is actually completely viable in 1.4 thanks to the buffs to Focus, but you'd be a bit less tanky than the Vigilance hybrid, and losing Unremitting and Focused Defense as a true defensive cooldown would definitely hurt. On the other hand, you'd dish out damage comparable to a Shadow tank.
Yes, I've tried two different versions of a more DPS oriented spec while in Soresu, one was picking up the reduced cool down and damage bonus to Force Sweep and the other reduced the cool down and bonus to Master Strike neither of them really made that big of a difference in normal War Zones, in a 3v3 it may make a small small difference but still nothing in comparison to Shadows. Also, I considered a Focus build, but in order to get high damage in that spec you would pretty much need to be in Shii-Cho form. You can do higher damage with this spec, but still wouldn't compare to Shadow. Also, Focus management would be far worse and my survivability would be far far worse as well. I just don't think it's possible to match the Shadow/Assassin in damage while remaining equally as "tanky".

/sadface
Sindol Level 55 Shadow Sinfany Level 55 Vanguard Lodnis Level 55 Juggernaut Kyndol Level 55 Assassin
Sindol Level 55 Guardian Kharr Level 55 Commando Sinistrid Level 55 Sentinel

Fleurant
11.02.2012 , 09:19 AM | #18
I'm posting on behalf of Jevy because he's a lazy mother****er. <3

Game Genie would be happy to host the next tournament.
Zake/Zenevia - 50 Sorcerer/Sage Madness/Balance