Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
11.01.2012 , 01:06 PM | #2001
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Varrel has style. I like.

Umm, I know I'm kind of all over the place this week...brain is all wonky but a Disguise for Vierce came up. From an earlier and different time; this is set between 1.5 and 2 years before Vierce leaves his home planet. 800 words.
Wow, quiet time. I can see where Vierce gets all his anger from.

Striges: more Varrel, he is amazing :O I know he's with Jaesa, but he just seems to like Vette so much D: I'd ship it.

Hoyden: Solomon sounds particularly terrifying in that restrained, quiet manner. I am looking forward to seeing him again.

LogicLoup
11.01.2012 , 01:18 PM | #2002
Spoiler
Oh, Vierce... you deserve a world where this is the most crushing defeat you can suffer.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

iamthehoyden
11.01.2012 , 02:07 PM | #2003
Umm, I know I'm kind of all over the place this week...brain is all wonky but a Disguise for Vierce came up. From an earlier and different time; this is set between 1.5 and 2 years before Vierce leaves his home planet. 800 words.
Awww, so sweet. Makes what we know comes next

Thanks for the comments on Solomon, he's challenging to write!
I'm a simple man, really.
Right.
Interesting. Do you overthink everything?
Hey! Quit analyzing me! Go stalk someone else!
*slow grin*
Crap. This might be a good time to hide people.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
11.01.2012 , 08:37 PM | #2004
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Wow, quiet time. I can see where Vierce gets all his anger from.
It's a little-known fact that, while the Imperial occupation was indeed an annoyance, Vierce's real psychological scarring came from the horrors perpetrated upon him by his own friends and family. See also: Kirsk's relentless bullying in the form of beating Vierce at bumper ball all the time.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

elliotcat
11.01.2012 , 10:53 PM | #2005
Sorry for the lateness! Thanks Irrissa for submitting the prompts for this week.

Week of 10/31/12
Food - Everyone has to eat, and food is a major part of many cultures. It's part of your heritage and the memories you have of your family and friends. In a diverse galaxy, there are thousands of different things to eat and ways to prepare them, as well as traditions and customs involving food. Write about your characters' experiences in those realms.
Loneliness and Solitude - Our characters end up with crews of interesting folks, but that doesn't mean they never feel lonely. When you're up against some of the biggest forces in the galaxy, it's hard not to feel alone. That said, sometimes being alone is a blessing - some well-deserved solitude is a wonderful thing when you need it. Write about a time in which your character felt lonely - or when they finally got some time to themselves.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Tatile
11.02.2012 , 06:32 AM | #2006
Loneliness

Spoiler

Really not sure if I'm conveying this correctly, but I've a few ideas for later. This weekend may prove... prolific.

Magdalane
11.02.2012 , 07:17 AM | #2007
So good, Tatile! I am hoping for a most prolific weekend!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

bright_ephemera
11.02.2012 , 07:43 AM | #2008
Tatile, I am so very much looking forward to...probably feeling sad a lot. But I look forward to it anyway.

It is one thing to send a box of all your SO's stuff back to them, via an intermediary, sans note; that's a well-known clean-up-and-get-out-of-my-life thing. It'd be quite another to send just the one significant gift.

I might take advantage of the week to pretend that one very isolated NPC justifies stomping around Vierce's world with any old story that happens to involve said NPC. So yeah, some Loneliness and Solitude with Trooper Tatooine spoilers, 500 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

imnotawitch
11.02.2012 , 08:35 AM | #2009
Aww, Bright. This breaks my heart especially because

Spoiler
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

iamthehoyden
11.02.2012 , 09:26 AM | #2010
Tatile, those boys of yours are stomping on my heart.
Spoiler
Need to see how this goes (oh please let it go well!)

Bright,
Spoiler

Food
Night Owls
bh - Skari and Solomon Crae
no spoilers
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box