Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints with companions

Drackkor
11.01.2012 , 09:26 PM | #1
I hope the game designers consider using all companions in flashpoints normal and hm for 1.6 would really make this game more appealing to solo players. Once you get to lvl 50 all you can do is daily's if your a solo player they need to expanded the companion role to flashpoints. More folks would keep playing the game. Instead of getting bored after a few weeks at 50 the giving it up..

TheBBP
11.01.2012 , 09:28 PM | #2
I am cool with that so long as the reward is reduced to reflect the difficulty.
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

Xenirath
11.01.2012 , 09:37 PM | #3
Yes, because MMOs are meant to be played Solo...

Socialize, meet people with the random group finder, join a guild. You will likely meet 20 ******s for every 1 decent person but thats the same for real life.
The Three Topics Better Not Discussed Online:
1)Religion
2)Politics
3)Which Videogames are Better

SentinelDranoel
11.01.2012 , 10:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenirath View Post
Yes, because MMOs are meant to be played Solo...

Socialize, meet people with the random group finder, join a guild. You will likely meet 20 ******s for every 1 decent person but thats the same for real life.
No. I just geared up me and my companion. Now I solo whatever I can. The few that I cannot I join groupfinder for. If i can ever use more than one companion I would be happy. It is more fun controlling more two toons as opposed to one.

P.S. People come and go in MMOs, BIOWARE companions are with you forever.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

seatown
11.01.2012 , 11:21 PM | #5
One companion per person is enough and I like they way the FP's are set up as is. However I do wish that when grouped in the open world (not in a FP/WZ/OP) that every player in the party could have their companion out. also maybe once they figure out how to fix the lag with large scale pvp I would like to see maybe a specific WZ type where we can have companions too.

Macheath
11.01.2012 , 11:34 PM | #6
It's really tiring to hear the "solo player" ask for more MMO content geared towards them, as if anything at all should be catered towards the solo player; as if the player who only likes to solo has any right to demand anything in a game specifically tailored to be a massive multiplayer online experience.

Every aspect of an MMO should encourage meaningful player interaction. Every. Aspect. That's what (should) define a (good) MMO. That's why we call these games MMOGs, and not "multiplayer-supported single player games."

-Macheath.
Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

chuixupu
11.02.2012 , 12:44 AM | #7
I actually do like the idea of an instance done with companions. Especially if they actually * interacted* with one another. The rewards would of course not be the same, they could be crewskill related rewards and companion gifts.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

oakamp
11.02.2012 , 01:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
It's really tiring to hear the "solo player" ask for more MMO content geared towards them,
-Macheath.
if u can redesign this game like gw2, let user can free and fast transfer to MORE population server as that want,
then u can feel tired, because other ppl around the world r still playing like a ghost server;
look , there is only 27ppl on fleet on the day b4 yesterday during our peak time,
how can u expect them not play solo?
English is not my first language, still working on it.

DarthDrachonus
11.02.2012 , 01:30 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by oakamp View Post
if u can redesign this game like gw2, let user can free and fast transfer to MORE population server as that want,
then u can feel tired, because other ppl around the world r still playing like a ghost server;
look , there is only 27ppl on fleet on the day b4 yesterday during our peak time,
how can u expect them not play solo?

Find a server with more people. MMOs are MMOs, not Single player games.
The Most Interesting Sith in the Galaxy!

Chiltonium
11.02.2012 , 01:56 AM | #10
Im confused.

Did the OP just request to be able to use 3 companions in a flashpoint so he could solo it?

>.>

Xbox, PS3, Wii-U, I think these are what you're looking for.
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)