Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dalborra ... should we transfer to you when it becomes available?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
Dalborra ... should we transfer to you when it becomes available?

Ailie
10.31.2012 , 10:02 PM | #11
I would like to pose a question in terms of RP. Do you feel the larger population will be accepting of it?

And I don't mean just the occassional event in a cantina either, I mean people joining your raid groups and staying in character. Troopers calling their movements in a warzone. It can add great flavour and enjoyment to people's gameplay, yet some are less than accommodating.

My past experience with PvE servers are not pleasant in terms of this so I would like to ask what we may expect if we are merged into Dalborra.

Banegio
10.31.2012 , 10:21 PM | #12
There will be trolls and most people not interested in participating will just disregard the conversion.

The better suggestion so far seem to be having a designated chat channel for RP on pve server.

BattleGracefully
10.31.2012 , 10:43 PM | #13
as to the roll playing ive seem quite abit of it amoungst other things while on the fleet and to me it didn't seem like trolling, hell some of it was actualy very knowagable stuff, but again it'll happen, worst thing they can do is bag you out then those said people will get bagged out for doing so, i think you'll find 90% of dalborra don't actualy care to much if you are a roleplayer or not
Keiga - Guardian
Licani - Sentinel
Millianna - Vanguard

BennyKrak
11.01.2012 , 12:00 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Vindrik View Post
F2P is an attraction mechanism. Not everyone who opts in for F2P will spend no money whatsoever. If people want to play more warzones, they'll buy weekly passes for it or they'll sub. Although it may not be an enormous stimulus, it's at least going to bump it up from what it is now.
I agree with Vindrik. No avid pvper who joins the game in the free-to-play category will be sated with the ability to play 3 (or 5 if it has been increased, according to Kript) warzones each week. They will without doubt sub or buy a pass.

Obviously, most F2P players will have already tried out and decided whether or not they enjoy the PvP in this game prior to reaching max level and as such, I think this issue would then become non-existent, because during the levelling process from 1-50, F2P players will probably have already decided what content they are interesting in purchasing access to once they hit max level, or whether they will just sub to have access to it all.

Sorry for taking that a little off-topic in regards to the current direction the thread discussion has taken.

With respect to role-playing on our PvE server; my personal opinion is that I really couldn't care less what people do. If people want to role play, go right ahead. If people queue up for a flashpoint and want to role play, I won't stop them. But don't expect me to take part just because you're grouped with me.
Krackers || Kozlovsky
The Krackers Legacy
Your Companion

denpic
11.01.2012 , 12:21 AM | #15
Just about to hit 50 On my toon I rolled on dalborra
The lowbie pvp while leveling was ok consistent queue pops till late at night looking forward to seeing what the 50 bracket is like. I have also rolled a toon on the bastion but seeing as our prime time is their off peak hours seems to be more people in fleet on dalborra when I'm playing

I just hope they see reason and give us a super server and arena style pvp I think arena would be better implemented than rated With server population smaller teams = more games
EOL Marster Dar Nala
ULAC Dalbora

-Holmes
11.01.2012 , 04:29 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by denpic View Post
Just about to hit 50 On my toon I rolled on dalborra
The lowbie pvp while leveling was ok consistent queue pops till late at night looking forward to seeing what the 50 bracket is like. I have also rolled a toon on the bastion but seeing as our prime time is their off peak hours seems to be more people in fleet on dalborra when I'm playing

I just hope they see reason and give us a super server and arena style pvp I think arena would be better implemented than rated With server population smaller teams = more games
You sure it wasn't just a second fleet instance?
What's star wars?

Spinikar
11.01.2012 , 08:32 PM | #17
If we get server merges, I believe the 419 guild from Master D will most likely move to Dalborra. We have been talking about it a bit, and as we most are now doing PVE Raid Progression, moving to Dalborra makes sense.

AS for RPers, a separate channel would be good if they come to Dalborra as well. Hate to sound selfish, but I wouldn't like general chat to become RP only :P but I have nothing against players that want to RP.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com