Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Meet the Developers: Hall Hood

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Meet the Developers: Hall Hood
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

11.01.2012 , 02:03 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

Please discuss this week's Meet the Developers: Hall Hood blog in this thread!

If you have any questions for Hall, please ask them here. In the near future, we'll have some answers from him for you!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

11.01.2012 , 03:19 PM | #2
Very interesting tidbit on HK-51 indeed.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.
Referral Code
The Benefits of Referrals

11.01.2012 , 03:29 PM | #3
Cool read. I feel the same way about Risha. Tara Strong is a great voice actress. And Risha is pretty good with that rifle of hers.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

11.01.2012 , 03:56 PM | #4
Thank you for writing the Doc romance, I've had a blast playing through it. So far I have completed the story for a JK and a smuggler and it has been a great time.

Also, brought a friend to the quest that you wrote hidden behind the spoiler-section. We were both really amazed when we played through it. Still remember that feeling

Looking forward to the next chapter when it comes out one day.

11.01.2012 , 03:58 PM | #5
Good read, and since the storytelling in TOR is the number one feature for me, I'm very much looking forward to the Q&A.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

11.01.2012 , 04:03 PM | #6
You're the first person I've encountered with the name "Hall". Thanks for the funny dialogue in the smuggler story Did you have any say in who would voice the characters? The female smuggler VA is spot on, I'm guessing she's a referral from Lucasarts after voicing a smuggler-ish character in their game Full Throttle.

11.01.2012 , 04:45 PM | #7
Alright, here is a question:

In a recent interview, you mentioned you mentioned that the writing direction of the future would be akin to the Avengers, bringing the individual stories together into one epic story. Could you elaborate on what this means for the future? Does this mean that there will be no more Class stories? Will future story updates be designed in a way that multiple classes will overlap and interact in the actual story in some way?

The former question would make me very sad, but the latter would be pretty cool.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

11.01.2012 , 04:51 PM | #8
I am surprised that nothing was said about the SWTOR Encyclopedia, given Hall's involvement, relevance to story in general and its high production value. I do recommend it very highly to anyone with a passion for the lore behind the stories.

I am very disappointed although not at all surprised that Hall was not provided an opportunity to discuss future romantic story content, given his clear interest in and enjoyment of its development.

The continual lack of any mention of pending same-gender romantic arcs has gone beyond frustrating and into the realm of insulting and dismissive, and I wish to voice my strongest protest of such needless curtailment on what is permitted to be said on this subject.

11.01.2012 , 04:51 PM | #9

Mr. Hood.

I have exactly one question for you.

WHEN is same gender romantic content coming? WHEN are we getting the option to play characters who are not straight? WHEN? WHEN?

Your ancient press releases claim it will be a post launch feature. Your ancient forum posts claimed "next year" meaning 2012, meaning this year, meaning YOU HAVE TWO MONTHS LEFT.

Two months left.

And we have not heard ONE WORD.

All we get is the same runaround from everyone. "Hello yes, we are totally aware of your concerns, we have no new information, now shut up and get back to your gay ghetto thread."

Are we getting same gender content with the Makeb update? Are we getting same gender content with current companions, or are new ones being added?
Are only certain classes getting them? Or what? You have provided absolutely NO information. And here I thought Bioware wasn't a homophobic company. Guess I was wrong.

Every single other Bioware game contains MULTIPLE same gender romances. WHAT is the hold up?

I would dearly like to play the game you wrote, Mr. Hood. I would love to play that Jedi Knight story you are so fond of.

But I can't.

Do you know why?

I don't want to play a male jedi knight. I want to play a female jedi knight. Doc is quite possibly the most boring, sexist male I have ever come across. He talked about my breasts within SEVEN SECONDS of meeting him. So I would like to romance the other option, Kira.
But I can't. Your homophobic company has decided to deny me that for no reason whatsoever.

So. Take this specific example. Is Kira going to be a gay option? Or is a new companion going to be added? I cannot play a Jedi Knight until this question has been answered.

I have not played a smuggler for the same reason. Do you like having all of your stories utterly ignored? No?

The Force made me do it.

11.01.2012 , 05:16 PM | #10
Same Gender Relationships, when, who, how?

its time to answer now mate, been waiting a pretty long time...