Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consular PvE low DPS and other issues?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Consular PvE low DPS and other issues?

Garell
11.01.2012 , 12:28 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Sages can put out fine DPS. I have parses on the top 50 lists too, but the issue isn't whether the best geared and skilled Sages in the game can put out good DPS. The issue is that if gear and skill are identical, a Sentinel will put out 8-10 percent more DPS in most fights. That's what the sims show and that is what the parses show.
Yeah maybe on a stand still, patchwerk style fight. But if you check simcraft for sages, especially hybrid and balance, they aren't massively effected by movement. If you implement "light" or "helter skelter" into simcraft, sages drop by 100-200 dps from simcrafted max.

The logs for Operator IX show that perfectly. The same melee players parsing 1800 for fights like dread guard are parsing 1300 for operator. Whereas i parse almost exactly the same on my sage.

SoonerJBD
11.01.2012 , 12:55 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Garell View Post
Yeah maybe on a stand still, patchwerk style fight. But if you check simcraft for sages, especially hybrid and balance, they aren't massively effected by movement. If you implement "light" or "helter skelter" into simcraft, sages drop by 100-200 dps from simcrafted max.

The logs for Operator IX show that perfectly. The same melee players parsing 1800 for fights like dread guard are parsing 1300 for operator. Whereas i parse almost exactly the same on my sage.
I would classify it as "most fights" where Sentinels and Snipers have a distinct advantage. There are fights where the mechanics mitigate the disparity, but if you look at the parses for all the various fights, you see the same few classes dominating the top parses. And if you just take a sampling of parses from each class, you'll find the disparity there as well. And again, we are talking about the average.

Also worth mentioning that the stats page on Torparse has some serious bugs for TfB and EC that you have to weed out. Some of the top parses are for fights that didn't include a kill. You have to weed those out because a two minute fight is not representative of anything, let alone some of the ones that show up on there that lasted 10 or 20 seconds before a wipe.

WooduckAUS
11.23.2012 , 04:45 PM | #63
Hi guys, not sure if i'm off topic or this thread went off topic... but.... this is the latest thread that has anything regarding dps for balance shadows.

I have recently changed to balance from infil and am loving the extra sustained dps atm..... (I am happy with my dps output atm, nps with balance pve dps output btw...) Wanting to max out my dps after lots of dummy testing, i seem to have hit my ceiling and was wondering if anyone out there knows how to squeeze out anymore dps from my beloved shadow?

Currently sustaining dummy parses on my ship, with buffs/stims but no adrenals or help from armor debuffs (guardian/commando etc...) around 1700-1750dps. I have seen posts and parses from people sustaining 1800+ and was wondering how this is achieved... I believe i have the rotation/priority down to an art but am still unable to sustain it up that high... I brought in a commando for a dummy run the other day and could sustain above 1800 but the posts i have been reading lead me to believe that there is a way to reach this without outside help/debuffs.

I am geared BIS (imo) or close to it, with all 61's but no 63's as of yet. Would adrenals account for the last 50 or so dps or is there something else?

Looking forward to maxing this guy out, any advice/tips would help.

SoonerJBD
11.23.2012 , 07:52 PM | #64
That sounds totally adequate with lvl 61 mods. Obviously upgrading to some lvl 63 mods will help. People are crafting them for mats on most servers, so you can upgrade without running TFB HM or NM EC.

Other than upgrading your gear, you want to make sure you aren't clipping your dots. That will keep your DPS up there.

WooduckAUS
11.24.2012 , 10:09 AM | #65
This was a quick run last night after putting in an extra crit mod, but you get the idea. If you look at the point before i stop attacking i was sitting around 1750. Also a few logs slightly lower too.

Would love to hear from some guys hitting 1800+ because i can't see how this would be achieved.... unless full 63's or maybe armor debuffs from external help (guardian/commando).

I might go check out some logs from Chukles, he seems to be solid balance dps.

http://www.torparse.com/a/55281/5

haksilence
12.09.2012 , 02:18 PM | #66
Balance Shadows put out the highest DPS of any of the AC's.
this is probably the most false thing ive ever seen on the forums. lets start witha list of AC'sthat DPS higher.

focus sentinal
watchman sentinal
gunnary commando
assault commando
balance sage
TK sage
hybrid sage
sharpshooter gunslinger

and some more that may as well be higher.
infil shadows
vigilance guardians
focus guardians
assault vanguards

My main is a Shadow and we ARE siverely subpar as DPS. this is fact..

SoonerJBD
12.09.2012 , 02:26 PM | #67
This thread is old, and some things have changed, but balance shadows do good damage. You need to learn to play. The sims showed Balance Shadows at the top of the list in base campaign gear (although sentinels/marauders weren't tested).

http://www.simulationcraft.org/swtor..._Campaign.html

It's still the best PvE spec for Shadows and does damage at least as good as anything a Sage can put out.

SoonerJBD
12.09.2012 , 02:27 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by haksilence View Post
My main is a Shadow and we ARE siverely subpar as DPS. this is fact..
"Fact."

You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Truescopes
12.10.2012 , 08:52 AM | #69
This thread is old, and some things have changed, but balance shadows do good damage. You need to learn to play. The sims showed Balance Shadows at the top of the list in base campaign gear (although sentinels/marauders weren't tested).

http://www.simulationcraft.org/swtor..._Campaign.html

It's still the best PvE spec for Shadows and does damage at least as good as anything a Sage can put out.
Incorrect sims. Every single number it gave was proven wrong over time. I agree that shadows aren't the worst dps, but they aren't higher than snipers and such. Posting that same link everytime doesn't make it any less false.

SoonerJBD
12.10.2012 , 11:35 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Truescopes View Post
Incorrect sims. Every single number it gave was proven wrong over time. I agree that shadows aren't the worst dps, but they aren't higher than snipers and such. Posting that same link everytime doesn't make it any less false.
I know logic is hard, but at least try to understand that if you want to say something is "fact" or "proven wrong" you have to give evidence and data to support your assertion.

Balance shadows do perfectly fine damage. I have seen plenty of data both in sims and parses to support this. I have seen no data to support your claims that they don't.

Data you don't like > no data at all