Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consular PvE low DPS and other issues?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Consular PvE low DPS and other issues?
 

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
10.25.2012 , 01:47 PM | #51
Then run balance. It works in PvP just fine. Infiltration isn't the highest parsing spec out there, but it is perfectly fine for clearing content. You're whining is ridiculous when your advanced class is capable of some of the best damage in the game. Learn to play.

Truescopes's Avatar


Truescopes
10.29.2012 , 10:55 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Then run balance. It works in PvP just fine. Infiltration isn't the highest parsing spec out there, but it is perfectly fine for clearing content. You're whining is ridiculous when your advanced class is capable of some of the best damage in the game. Learn to play.
Still waiting on that parse.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
10.29.2012 , 11:48 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Truescopes View Post
Still waiting on that parse.
What parse do you want? Go to Torparse and look at the ranked parses under statistics. Plenty of Shadows on there, most of them running balance.

Truescopes's Avatar


Truescopes
10.31.2012 , 08:19 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
What parse do you want? Go to Torparse and look at the ranked parses under statistics. Plenty of Shadows on there, most of them running balance.
Just looking for a parse showing shadows even within 200 dps of maras/powertechs on the operation dummy, since you seem to think they're the best dps.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
10.31.2012 , 08:27 PM | #55
Well first off, no one gives a crap about the operation dummy. What matters is actual boss fights. Go to Torparse. Search Shadows. Look at the statistics page. I'm not doing your work for you.

Truescopes's Avatar


Truescopes
10.31.2012 , 08:34 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Well first off, no one gives a crap about the operation dummy. What matters is actual boss fights. Go to Torparse. Search Shadows. Look at the statistics page. I'm not doing you're work for you.
If you do that it shows sages as some of the highest too, yet you complain like no end about how "bad" sages dps are. It's not the classes fault you parse at 1600 it's yours.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
11.01.2012 , 09:07 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Truescopes View Post
If you do that it shows sages as some of the highest too, yet you complain like no end about how "bad" sages dps are. It's not the classes fault you parse at 1600 it's yours.
Both SimC and the parses show Balance Shadows parsing higher than Balance Sages, and by a good amount. You can pretend something else, but that is what the numbers show.

Garell's Avatar


Garell
11.01.2012 , 09:39 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Both SimC and the parses show Balance Shadows parsing higher than Balance Sages, and by a good amount. You can pretend something else, but that is what the numbers show.
Hmm well you're wrong about the parses and the guy above was right. Real in-game dps is what matters. There are sentinels that i play with that can parse 2.1k on the dummy, but on fights like dread guard where the amount of movement for melee is insane, they drop right down to 1.4-1.5k.
The 1.4 BiS for Hybrid Sage only Simcrafts around 1850-1875 and yet i'm hitting some of the best in-game readings in the world.

Check Writhing Horror 16HM. Do you see any Shadow/Assassin above me? No.
Check Operator IX 16HM. Do you see anyone in the world above me? No.
Check Kephess the Undying 16HM. Do you see any Shadow/Assasin above me? No.

Stop complaining about sages. WE ARE FINE!

veyl's Avatar


veyl
11.01.2012 , 09:43 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmViiOLENT View Post
Balance/Madness Shadows/Sins are in the top 3 for highest DPS AC's; only problem is that so very few players are able to reach that its not even worth noting it.
Sentinel/Marauders are still the highest (in full 63 gear, the noted Max DPS is 2524 dps), with PT's at about 2100 and Assassins/Shadows at 2026 DPS.
Everything else runs mid 1900's for the most part. (These are SimC numbers, or DPSCraft.) In real parsing, I can break 2100 on a dummy on my mara regularly, with some parses breaking 2.3k
Calling ******** on this. The only way you're possibly able to break 2k is if you: Have the Armor Debuff on the dummy, Pop an Adrenal and Bloodthirst, And only parse for 1:30//2 minute interval.

No boss fight is 2 minutes and stands still the entire time either. (More commonly referred to a Patchwerk fight)

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
11.01.2012 , 10:35 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Garell View Post
Hmm well you're wrong about the parses and the guy above was right. Real in-game dps is what matters. There are sentinels that i play with that can parse 2.1k on the dummy, but on fights like dread guard where the amount of movement for melee is insane, they drop right down to 1.4-1.5k.
The 1.4 BiS for Hybrid Sage only Simcrafts around 1850-1875 and yet i'm hitting some of the best in-game readings in the world.

Check Writhing Horror 16HM. Do you see any Shadow/Assassin above me? No.
Check Operator IX 16HM. Do you see anyone in the world above me? No.
Check Kephess the Undying 16HM. Do you see any Shadow/Assasin above me? No.

Stop complaining about sages. WE ARE FINE!
The guy who said real DPS on real bosses is what matters was also me. The fact is the parses and the SimC results show the same disparities.

Sages can put out fine DPS. I have parses on the top 50 lists too, but the issue isn't whether the best geared and skilled Sages in the game can put out good DPS. The issue is that if gear and skill are identical, a Sentinel will put out 8-10 percent more DPS in most fights. That's what the sims show and that is what the parses show.

Shadow Balance is similarly ahead spec-wise, but for some reason I don't see that many Shadows using it. The few DPS Shadows I run into seem to like using Deception. I'm guessing this is because of they enjoy the burst even if its sustained damage isn't great and because of PvP.