Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dramatically low framerate/stuttering

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Dramatically low framerate/stuttering
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

gingery
10.30.2012 , 10:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by RG_Thor View Post
Still no response on my ticket, and even after the patch i'm having terrible stuttering/low frame rates. Please help!
They do know about this problem, it was introduced with 1.4 patch. And apparently they don't know how to fix it, so they've decided just to ignore this problem (it doesn't listed in known game issues). They can answer to you with useless advices like "reinstall drivers", "make a clean boot" and so on, but these doesn't help at all (and no wonder, because the problem is not the user PC). I'm also having terrible stuttering on my PC where all other games run smoothly on high graphical settings. I've tried everything they suggested here and the only thing that was working for me was to run game in full-screen windowed mode. It's not the same performance as it was before 1.4 patch but still tolerable most of the time (with all settings set to High).

Ironlynx
10.31.2012 , 12:03 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RG_Thor View Post
Dear Bioware,
ALREADY ATTEMPTED FIXES:
1. Complete uninstall then reinstall of game (Uninstalled from add/remove programs)
2. Deleted all catalyst profiles, and attempted running with no Catalyst profile, and with a new catalyst profile
3. Ensured all drivers (Sound, Video, Windows etc) are up to date
4. Attempted lowest possible settings (only about a 10 FPS increase, but still stuttered)
5. Ran the repair tool
Any help would be great!
Have you tried turning off "Scale nameplates with Distance"?
Worked for me as a temporary solution until they get a fix.

For those looking, Nameplate Scaling is under Preferences > Nameplates >Scale Nameplates With Distance

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ight=crossfire

Changemelater
10.31.2012 , 05:22 PM | #13
*bump

Demetriscy
11.01.2012 , 08:44 AM | #14
Just run it in fullscreen (windowed) mode until they fix it. Fullscreen with vsync on has always been buggy as hell, i'm sure it has something to do with how the game engine communicates with the DirectX d3d.dll files. SWTOR performance will become good only when and if they ever implement dx11, trying to run a dx9 game on dx11 cards is fail....