Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

HuaRya
10.31.2012 , 11:45 AM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Alright.... I guess I'll have to go into detail.

Solo queuing players who expect to have an easy mode created just for them, instead of grouping up and forming alliances are ruining the game. My comment was tongue in cheek to imply the ridiculousness of complaining about teams in an MMO. The statement itself is completely absurd. It's like going to a concert and complaining about the loud music.

Solo queuing HAS a place in MMO's and it should. But people who solo queue have no place to complain about teams when they have every option available to create one of their own and CHOOSE not to take advantage of it.

Well you just defeated your own point because BY DEFINITION you are now describing a GROUP. Not a random assortment of players entering a queue.

As others have said.........
SOLUTION:

Single Player WZ's - A collection of random non-grouped single players

Group Player WZ's- Groups of 2 or more queued would be matched up with other groups on teams

Everyone would be happy and both subcultures of pvp would thrive.

UGLYMRJ
10.31.2012 , 11:52 AM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post

As others have said.........
SOLUTION:

Single Player WZ's - A collection of random non-grouped single players

Group Player WZ's- Groups of 2 or more queued would be matched up with other groups on teams

Everyone would be happy and both subcultures of pvp would thrive.
Enjoy your 45 minute queue times.

And yes... I meant to describe a group... we are all a group... a population of people that should be working together for an advantage. While the military has many talented soldiers it does not send out individuals alone... they are formed into groups, squads, platoons, because there is strength in numbers.

If people CHOOSE to compete alone they run a higher risk of failing... this applies to many things. I repeat... strength in numbers, especially when it's others you are familiar with.

We ALL have a friends list, an option to join or form a guild, etc. Use it or be the victim of your own narrow mindedness. DO NOT blame the game for not having a solo queue bracket... blame yourself for not forming a group and increasing your chances for success with team work.

EDIT: Now that I think of it... I can't think of ONE game that implements this idea. In EVERY online game I've ever played there is an option to create a group but there is NEVER an option to queue solo with players who are queuing solo ONLY. What in the world makes anyone think it should be in this game and ONLY this game... I have no clue.

Quote:
Well you just defeated your own point because BY DEFINITION you are now describing a GROUP. Not a random assortment of players entering a queue.
And I really have no clue how this is in reference to anything I said previously. It makes zero sense in this context unless you completely misunderstood everything I said.

Doomsdaycomes
10.31.2012 , 12:02 PM | #233
Is this topic still going?

Having a solo-only queue with a limited player pool discourages what an MMO is about, especially at end level. PvP in this game is designed around team play, and there is nothing wrong with picking 3 out of the 8 people to be on your team. Maybe, just maybe if cross server queueing were available, then some one might justify throwing a bone to those who refuse to join a team.

This isn't an issue like class balance. Fixing it doesn't take 3 weeks to level another toon if your toon's class sucks. It's not a bug like WZ's kicking you to the character select screen. It isn't an issue of WZ's giving one team 6 and the other 8. It's not even an issue of gear fairness ("Omg, that person had WH and I have recruit!"). Pure and simple, this is an issue of players not taking advantage of a tool available to them.

I get it alright? I've had my 1 vs 1 hero moments and loved it. "Wee! I solo'ed a defender and capped the node, pat me on the back and gimme a high five. We only won that cause of me!" Or that voidstar when you ninja cap each door and feel special inside.

But that's like playing Gears of War on easy mode, then declaring yourself the Gears champion! It's setting the bar lower than low.

Larry_Dallas
10.31.2012 , 12:04 PM | #234
Fielding 2 geared groups of 4 and dropping q until you get a simultaneous pop so you can roll the pug bracket 6-8 strong is pointless, not fun for any normal person whether they're in one of those groups or not and lame. Don't care what justification anybody gives for doing it, I've done it and stomped, I've been destroyed by these and I've eked out wins against with hodgepodges of 2 man premades and puggers. Anyone who continues to q this way on a daily basis is just broadcasting to everyone else that they're frightened of being crushed against an opponent on equal footing in ranked.

If this thread's complaining about 4 man groups, deal with it or look at your ops group and notice that the 4 guys in the frame to the left of you are in the same guild.

UGLYMRJ
10.31.2012 , 12:37 PM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
Fielding 2 geared groups of 4 and dropping q until you get a simultaneous pop so you can roll the pug bracket 6-8 strong is pointless, not fun for any normal person whether they're in one of those groups or not and lame. Don't care what justification anybody gives for doing it, I've done it and stomped, I've been destroyed by these and I've eked out wins against with hodgepodges of 2 man premades and puggers. Anyone who continues to q this way on a daily basis is just broadcasting to everyone else that they're frightened of being crushed against an opponent on equal footing in ranked.

If this thread's complaining about 4 man groups, deal with it or look at your ops group and notice that the 4 guys in the frame to the left of you are in the same guild.
On a decently populated server like the Bastion... I find it almost never works. But we attempt it sometimes. We have a fair amount of people that I don't feel are ready for rated WZ's and would rather work on my weekly than go against the top rated guild in our server if I know they're queuing. So I can say we're guilty of it too at times, but with good reason.

Also... we never drop queue until we're paired on the same team. Seems like a waste of time and honestly. I enjoy going against my own guild. We will however wait for the other group to finish the war zone and give it another shot but again... hardly ever works. I'm sure it's a bit easier to pull off on less populated servers though.

But anyways... yeah, IDK about other servers but I find most of the time when we queue at the same time, we more often than not end up in different war zones and when we do end up in the same war zone. We're against each other. It may work 1/10 times where we end up on the same team.

So if you're on the Bastion and you see a marauder marked... that's us playing against each other and I feel sorry for the others in there with us because we usually just gun for each other for bragging rights and ignore objectives completely.

wetslampigduex
10.31.2012 , 12:41 PM | #236
You are ruining the WZ's there pal... make some friends and stop the qq

TheronFett
10.31.2012 , 12:45 PM | #237
There are two sides to every coin, and some excellent points made by both sides in this discussion. Also a lot of trolls and QQ, but hey, this is the PvP forum after all.

To the solo queuer:
Unless you're a horrible player and/or no one on your server likes you (hint hint), there is absolutely nothing stopping you from forming or joining your own premade to queue up with. UGLYMRJ said it best: there is strength in numbers. If you solo queue, expect the worst, because that's exactly what you're going to get. 8-man teams comprised of solo queuers are almost certainly: uncoordinated, unskilled, undergeared, and poor team composition. There may be individuals on your team who don't fall into one of those 4, maybe even a couple players. But as a team, you're shooting yourself in the foot before the match even starts.

Even if you can't manage a full 4-man premade, surely there is at least 1 other person you can group with for your next queue. Maybe it's someone you don't really know, but you see him PUGging it all the time too. I'd be willing to bet he'd jump at the chance to not have to solo queue. Putting together a group doesn't have to be a perfectly ideal situation either, such as friends or guildies with Ventrillo. Any time you can stack the odds in your favor by rolling with better players you increase your odds of winning.

To the herpaderps who should be playing ranked:
We all know who you are. Your guild PvPs 24/7 and is geared. Y U NO RANKED? The answer is simple: because you suck. You can't be competitive in ranked matches, so you troll the normal queue. You have multiple groups running. You coordinate pressing the queue button in Vent in the hopes that you can get 6-8 into the same match. Why fail at ranked when you can just blow up PUGs all day, amirite?

Yeah, there really are some ranked teams who are very good and have to do normals because no one will queue up against them. Or maybe they're just waiting for ranked queue pops, or there's not enough guildies online to form a full ranked team. It happens. I'm not talking to you.

UncelSam
10.31.2012 , 01:14 PM | #238
The only ones that oppose that Pugs get a pvp queue of thier own are the premades who wants easy kills.

thats a fact.

UGLYMRJ
10.31.2012 , 01:17 PM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
The only ones that oppose that Pugs get a pvp queue of thier own are the premades who wants easy kills.

thats a fact.
Or players who don't want to wait 45 minutes for a queue because other people would rather marinate in their own suck and refuse to utilize the tools given to them which are there to promote competitive game play.

cycao
10.31.2012 , 01:19 PM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post

thats a fact.
I get no joy out of beating someone with any amount of recruit gear.