Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to change email address on account

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to change email address on account
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chronoo
12.20.2011 , 04:20 AM | #1
When I change the email on my account to another email... I get a email verification of the email i wanted to changed to, but the link is broken?
I get this message...

"Your email address could not be validated.

Please check the URL and try again. "

Anyone getting this?

IVasconcelos
12.20.2011 , 04:47 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greeting chronoo,

I am sorry to here that you are having issues changing your email address.

Please ensure that the email address you are attempting to change to, has not been previously used for any EA website or EA affiliated company (e.g.: BioWare Social; Star Wars: The Old Republic, Origin; etc.) If the email address has been previously used there could be an issues changing to it.

For in depth support for your issue please contact us via phone or web form and one of our Customer Service Representatives will gladly assist you with your query.

I have added the link to Star Wars: The Old Republic support for you convenience.
SWTOR Support

I hope this assists you in getting your problem resolved.
Ivan De Vasconcelos | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Tempus
12.20.2011 , 08:40 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by IVasconcelos View Post

Please ensure that the email address you are attempting to change to, has not been previously used for any EA website or EA affiliated company (e.g.: BioWare Social; Star Wars: The Old Republic, Origin; etc.) If the email address has been previously used there could be an issues changing to it.

what exactly does this mean? FWIW, i've had the same problem trying to change my email, and yes, i'm trying to change my TOR email to the one i used to set up my Origin account. I created the TOR account 2 or 3 years ago, and i'd like to consolidate on 1 account.

Why on earth should that be a problem? and how can it be resolved?

Thanks!

EnderNolan
12.23.2011 , 08:46 PM | #4
I submitted a ticket on the 18th with this same problem. I got a retarded form response explaining step by step how to change my e-mail address the exact same way I've been doing it and get this broken link error. On top of that, the customer service representative CLOSED my ticket saying it was resolved. THE MATTER IS NOT RESOLVED UNTIL THAT REPRESENTATIVE SEES THAT MY ACCOUNT NOW HAS A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS! I have now replied to that e-mail, posted here and opened another ********ned ticket.

I realize that you are under a lot of pressure with the recent release and so many people signing up to play. It's wonderful for you, us and everyone...except the people with a problem. I think it is poor planning on your part to not have a large enough customer support staff to handle the various inquiries from your customers. You should have either A) Hired Part Time help to cover the initial launch or B) Outsourced another company to supplement your current staff during the launch.

PLEASE get to support tickets faster than 7 days for a simple e-mail change. All the customer support agent needs to do is type in the new e-mail address that was included in the ticket. Also, I have tried calling customer support twice today, once during my lunch break and was on hold for 45 minutes and never got through before having to return to work. I called again after work and was on hold for 34 minutes when the call dropped. I am now unable to call in because all the lines are busy.

Maybe sometime in 2032 I'll get my e-mail changed.

Quarf
12.27.2011 , 03:10 PM | #5
I have been in contact with support 6 times with this problem and each time they have gives me a completly useless reply. Sometimes replies that arent even specific to what im asking.

The thing I have noticed is that if you got an email adress and try to change it to an Origin email (that you own), It wont work.

Been googeling alot, but when writing this I might have found a way to fix my problem. Seems like alot of hassle to fix it.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m...e=1&print=true

Quote:
Step 1 - If your EA account has the email you want your SWTOR account to have, you must change the EA account email to a different email.

Step 2 - After changing your EA account email you can now change your SWTOR email to the email you wanted.

Step 3 - Your SWTOR email should now be the email that your EA account was previously using before you changed it, and your EA email should be the email you don't want.

Step 4 - Now call EA (1-866-543-5435) click 2 on your phone when the automated voice asks you to choose an option and wait to get connected to Tech Support.

Step 4 - Once you get connected ask them to change your EA email to your SWTOR email, A.K.A the email you want everything to be linked under.

resistentialist
12.27.2011 , 03:14 PM | #6
Try changing your email from the origin site rather than the swtor site. Theoretically they should have been merged already.
Codename: The BrotherHood an Elite Trooper only Republic Unit
[Recruitment Thread]