Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Drebs
10.30.2012 , 12:36 PM | #121
Amazing work Ben. Thanks for adding your personal touch to improve everyone's gaming experience!

Darth-Malice
10.30.2012 , 02:17 PM | #122
would have prefered actual new content but A for Effort
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

RikHar
10.30.2012 , 02:49 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Dovahbrah View Post
Just what this game needed, an update to foliage! Not class balance, not bug fixing, none of that; what we truly needed was better looking foliage.

Of all the replies, this is one of a very few who hit the nail on the head.

BioWare has (had) a reputation for making good games. But on this one they've seem to of dropped the ball on many occasions.

This is something that was not a priority. There are so many other things that have greater necessities than making the scenery greener.

BioWare. I just don't know.

Lateris
10.30.2012 , 03:16 PM | #124
I really like this. I hope they can also move forward with improvements to the avatars gear.
.:|Jawa Diplomat- Obscuri Lateris- |:.

DarthOvertone
10.30.2012 , 04:10 PM | #125
This isn't going to break anything is it?
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

Gumby
10.30.2012 , 06:50 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
Day/night cycle and random weather effects would be nice
That would be really cool!
█╬╬╬(●)╬╬╬█|{Ξ[▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒Semper Fi▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Gumby
10.30.2012 , 06:56 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by vian View Post
riiiight. Because, as we all know, the people who work on the background graphics in a mmorpg are also exactly the same team who work on the character programming and stats.

Get a grip.
so true
█╬╬╬(●)╬╬╬█|{Ξ[▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒Semper Fi▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

ObsidianVashti
10.31.2012 , 12:02 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Harvengure View Post
To some it might seem like such a small thing; especially given how many players feel there are still glaring bugs that should be take priority above this sort of thing. However, to devote the time and energy to do the 'little' things like this shows that you guys care about your players and the worlds you've created for us to play in.

So on behalf of the players who do enjoy the game; to everyone here that runs the site and the forums, and to everyone at BioWare and EA and LucasArts; thank you for caring to give us updates like this.
Exactly what this guys said. Thanks for even the smallest of improvements, it shows you care about the game. There are always going to be bugs and glitches, but tweaking details such as this is what brings life into TOR. Thanks Bioware and all responsible!

andreas_barth
10.31.2012 , 06:23 AM | #129
Very happy about my PNY GTX 680 now

MastaKorgy
10.31.2012 , 07:32 AM | #130
Wow this is great. I love the constant improvements being made to the game. This is what I signed up for!
Φ█╠\\\\\\\|█|☾[||▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)⁞