Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

krarom's Avatar


krarom
10.30.2012 , 01:06 PM | #11
HI!

I hope noone on our team uses it, personally i feel it is a way of cheating. If we have to use it to win id rather loose. Ofc developers could spend time to fix this thing, but isnt it better if they use the time to fix real problems instead of being forced to fix exploits.
Best regards
kraroc

Brool's Avatar


Brool
10.30.2012 , 01:16 PM | #12
I used /stuck yesterday in pvp.... Although, it wasnt a warzone. It was Open world pvp and I was the last one left vs about 30 imps... I was not giving them the satisfaction and it had no bearing on someone winning or losing. That and well its quicker than waiting for the recall to medical droid to pop up.

would never use it in a warzone winning or losing and I think those that do use it should be a)reported and b) treated as someone who is exploiting.

The /stuck feature should be disabled in warzones period.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

Kegparty's Avatar


Kegparty
10.30.2012 , 01:33 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by krarom View Post
Ofc developers could spend time to fix this thing, but isnt it better if they use the time to fix real problems instead of being forced to fix exploits.
I dont see how this would be hard to accomplish...

THE REST OF THE GAME HAS A 2 min delay.

When is the last time you got stuck in pvp??? ffs 10 min fix.. make it like the rest of the world or not at all in pvp would be ideal. Just let auto do its thing.

THEY ARE SPENDING THEIR TIME FIXING THE LOOK OF TREES IN THE GAME . Most people I know are competitive and wont come back to the game with bugs like this.

Kegparty's Avatar


Kegparty
10.30.2012 , 01:56 PM | #14
I got a little heated. Its just frustrating that this has existed for a long time with no solution.

If I lose a close game then I still feel good. If I lose a close game where the whole team /stuck jumps around the map its just super frustrating.

JP_Legatus's Avatar


JP_Legatus
10.30.2012 , 01:58 PM | #15
/stuck is a general movement skill with no cost and a 90s cooldown

Glower's Avatar


Glower
10.30.2012 , 02:02 PM | #16
Quote:
/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?
Yes. Also, this is a really stupid question... And I never stuck in wzs.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Kegparty's Avatar


Kegparty
10.30.2012 , 02:13 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
Yes. Also, this is a really stupid question... And I never stuck in wzs.
Yes it is stupid but has never been addressed for the length of the game. I wanted to know if anyone felt this was fair play? Because if its not fixed then it should just be incorporated into the game officially. A suicide ability.

Glower's Avatar


Glower
10.30.2012 , 02:24 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kegparty View Post
A suicide ability.
With one time use per wz or *very* long cast time? Okay!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

TheronFett's Avatar


TheronFett
10.30.2012 , 03:50 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Brool View Post
I used /stuck yesterday in pvp.... Although, it wasnt a warzone. It was Open world pvp and I was the last one left vs about 30 imps... I was not giving them the satisfaction and it had no bearing on someone winning or losing. That and well its quicker than waiting for the recall to medical droid to pop up.

would never use it in a warzone winning or losing and I think those that do use it should be a)reported and b) treated as someone who is exploiting.

The /stuck feature should be disabled in warzones period.
Fail. Nice try though.

UberDuberSoldat's Avatar


UberDuberSoldat
10.30.2012 , 04:34 PM | #20
A blatant exploit of the intended functionality of the /stuck design. It's not as bad as a hack, but for a competitive environment like RWZ, I consider it a cheat.

If you have to /stuck to win a warzone, then you're doing something wrong.

Using /stuck in response to another team that does /stuck isn't an appropriate response and only makes the situation worse.

cliffnotes: only cheaters use /stuck to win.