Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

Kegparty
10.30.2012 , 12:19 PM | #1
FIXED 20 Sec lockout!!
2.2.1 Patch Notes
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/2.2.1/6252013
Quote:
Players who use /stuck in a Warzone while in combat will have a 20 second delay before they are able to release to a Medcenter.

Old Thread--
Just curious how the community felt. Personally I think you have to do it now to be competitive because everyone does it.

** If you get stuck often please describe it **

Added:
I don't think this was intentional. You fixed the /stuck killing you automatically for a quick re-spawn (really good) but the /stuck when you are in fight will do the same now.. Leaves a lot of room for exploiting.

Mentioned Solutions:
  • Lock out timer on re-spawn from death (before you can click re-spawn 20-30 sec) - Top Favored
  • Remove /stuck (few people don't want this but I was unable to reproduce how they got stuck)
  • At least mention this is not acceptable or intended
  • Increase cool down to be allowed 1 time per match. (still leaves room for some exploiting)
  • Let us know if we can start using it

I have been stuck maybe 1 time in the last 5 months in a pvp match.

SlimsPicken
10.30.2012 , 12:20 PM | #2
its unfortunate.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

UGLYMRJ
10.30.2012 , 12:22 PM | #3
Exploit more than cheating... but yeah... I think it's kinda cheap.

I only hope that people who use it as an exploit, get stuck shortly after and have to wait 2 minutes to use it again.

Jadescythe
10.30.2012 , 12:24 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Exploit more than cheating... but yeah... I think it's kinda cheap.
Semantics, man. I agree though, kinda cheap. Don't get out of position and it's not needed anyway.
The Original Aether Legacy
Erza-Jugg / Saberscythe-Mara / Atropo-Sorc
Patharos-Guardian / Kadinne-Vanguard / Aquilo-Sage
Prophecy of the Five

Kegparty
10.30.2012 , 12:25 PM | #5
I keep trying to think of a time that I got stuck in a warzone... its been soon long. They should just disable to /stuck command and just let the auto stuck work its magic. I feel like we all should be training in using it in a group

Kegparty
10.30.2012 , 12:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Don't get out of position and it's not needed anyway.
Not needed yes but think about all those times at a turret when you can just /stuck and then take the speeder down to the other one. Even if you are in position it seems to cut valuable seconds off a transition of a group.

UGLYMRJ
10.30.2012 , 12:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kegparty View Post
I keep trying to think of a time that I got stuck in a warzone... its been soon long. They should just disable to /stuck command and just let the auto stuck work its magic. I feel like we all should be training in using it in a group
I've been stuck once in the 8/9 months I've been playing. I agree, I hardly see the use for it. Fortunately, not as much of a problem on our server. The top rated guilds don't use it that I've noticed. I would think more because of etiquette... they're actually very cool people and not the elitist *****s you normally find in top rated guilds.

And the guilds that are using it.... need a lot more than /stuck to be competitive.

Jadescythe
10.30.2012 , 12:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kegparty View Post
Not needed yes but think about all those times at a turret when you can just /stuck and then take the speeder down to the other one. Even if you are in position it seems to cut valuable seconds off a transition of a group.
The real problems are Huttball, where people do it to stop scores and Voidstar where people do it because their team has been left behind while the other team is across the bridge. ACW can have some problems as well if you have both side turrets.

I'm just saying that the only reason you would need to do this is if your team is failing anyway and i don't think using it will completely turn the tide in most cases. I still agree that something needs to be done (5 second timer to respawn when used maybe?).
The Original Aether Legacy
Erza-Jugg / Saberscythe-Mara / Atropo-Sorc
Patharos-Guardian / Kadinne-Vanguard / Aquilo-Sage
Prophecy of the Five

Kegparty
10.30.2012 , 12:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I've been stuck once in the 8/9 months I've been playing.
See... I am with you completely. Just does not make sense to have in WZ when its used to gain any advantage switching nodes.

No matter how you look at it on CIVIL war it is a HUGE advantage. HUGE to take the speeder directly down.

Polebreaker
10.30.2012 , 12:50 PM | #10
Unless you're actually stuck, then of course it's cheating...