Grass render distance setting increase

MastaKorgy

Well it's all in the Title!

I have an extremely great pc. It runs swtor on 120+ fps on max settings. I'd like to be able to up my grass render settings because that spastic grass generation is pissing me off, to put it bluntly lol. I need the grass render radius to increase about 3 fold, are we getting this option in the future?

I like it. It makes me feel like the Prius in that commercial, where trees start growing just because it drove by. I think this is exactly what everybody wants to feel like when playing Star Wars.

Seriously, though, I'm glad it's not just me. I have a crappy old computer, and I thought that was it. It's comforting to know that people with better computers are suffering too.

Edited by DPCummerbund

Then be prepared to face the outcry from people wondering why their computer is struggling

I understand that, but at the very least I would like the game to be able to automatically detect that my computer is super fast compared to a normal computer, and thus increase the grass draw distance automatically for me.

Well it's all in the Title!

I have an extremely great pc. It runs swtor on 120+ fps on max settings. I'd like to be able to up my grass render settings because that spastic grass generation is pissing me off, to put it bluntly lol. I need the grass render radius to increase about 3 fold, are we getting this option in the future?

Also they should make it so in places like the alderaan WZ the tiles are not tiles of the same looking green color, and have some alternating patterns to look more natural. Of course if these things do not completely destroy the game... it would be nice to have this improvement.

And basically without increasing grass radius, since that can fry your computer with overloading it unless you have amazing cooling on your PC, then its better for a majority if the without the grass look was improved, so seeing tiles before the grass appears wont look as bad, and if there could be a certain affect of making things blend iwith the background for grass/green tiles... and make it hazy, like the field of view effect in the game, but with grass/green tiles for something that is not rendered in the out of grass radius.

I am not against increasing the radius, but if they do, you will probably reduce the grass quality, and therefore would still want the green tiles, that grass is meant to cover, to look more natural that manufactured.

Edited by VegaPhone

Then be prepared to face the outcry from people wondering why their computer is struggling

Then those people constantly whining about FPS and "lag" should stop getting computer parts from the junk yard, period.

I have no lags whatsoever.

Crank up TOR graphics features to 2012 standards already.

DX11, tesselation, bump mapping, better draw distance. Several other MMOs with less budget have those features.