Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Status on new PvP content?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Status on new PvP content?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Draekos
10.29.2012 , 01:07 AM | #1
Just a wishful post to hear something from the PvP devs. When can we expect ancient hypergates(not a date, but a patch number would be nice)? Any new quests(encourage rated play please)? Any additional news on Ilum or other World PvP content?

I know they pretty much ignore this section of the forum, but I figured i would at least ask.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

cycao
10.29.2012 , 06:26 AM | #2
Ancient hypergate will probably be in 1.6 and I imagine that's when season 1 will begin for ranked, as for Ilum they said in an interview that they will be revamping it sometime in January to make open world PvP viable again.

foxmob
10.29.2012 , 02:40 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Ancient hypergate will probably be in 1.6 and I imagine that's when season 1 will begin for ranked, as for Ilum they said in an interview that they will be revamping it sometime in January to make open world PvP viable again.
well that's a recipe for disaster!
  1. every patch comes with an obligatory "they broke vstar again!"
  2. aaaaand, every new WZ/OPS comes with some sort of glitch

perhaps they should just do one or the other with new WZ and s1 - one at a time that is.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjäck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Deìnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Narthil
10.30.2012 , 08:50 AM | #4
I highly doubt a new WarZone will bring players back. EWH sets with worse stats than WH definitely won't.

We need Open World PvP with similar, better and/or different rewards than WZs (like other types of sets or something with different bonuses). 1v1 with rewards also might.

We need a different mechanic.

After max/min WH, there's pretty much no reason to play for.
"Don't give people what they want, give them what they need"

TUXs
10.30.2012 , 09:26 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Narthil View Post
I highly doubt a new WarZone will bring players back. EWH sets with worse stats than WH definitely won't.

We need Open World PvP with similar, better and/or different rewards than WZs (like other types of sets or something with different bonuses). 1v1 with rewards also might.

Agreed. A new box won't bring anyone back. We need some persistent battlegrounds for us to play in, where PvPers can run "dailies" without being forced to PvE every flipping day.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

DegreesOfFreedom
10.30.2012 , 12:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Narthil View Post

^this. Personally, I'm not a fan of vertical scaling in the endgame because there is little to no replayability and motivation to keep playing once you achieved the top of the vertical scale. After achieving the top, you end up waiting for the next big update to the game which can get boring. I don't think its sound business plan actually. I'd prefer if bioware figures out that certain sandbox elements such as a functional world pvp, etc. has a lot of replayability factor requiring minimal updates which saves them money.

AllisonBerryman
10.31.2012 , 10:01 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi everyone! I asked Damion Schubert for any news or information we can share. There are many questions about the topic, but he did have a bit to say about new Warzone content:

Fear not! New Warzone content is in heavy testing and should be in the next major patch after 1.5. We hesitate to give exact timing, but definitely before the year's end.

Jadescythe
10.31.2012 , 10:03 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Draekos View Post
I know they pretty much ignore this section of the forum, but I figured i would at least ask.
Still feeling ignored?
I have opinions and stuff

Draekos
10.31.2012 , 10:04 AM | #9
Good to hear, thank's for checking Allison.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

Joesixxpack
10.31.2012 , 10:08 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone! I asked Damion Schubert for any news or information we can share. There are many questions about the topic, but he did have a bit to say about new Warzone content:

Fear not! New Warzone content is in heavy testing and should be in the next major patch after 1.5. We hesitate to give exact timing, but definitely before the year's end.
That's good to hear, thanks Allison.

Poster above: I'm flattered that you named your legacy after my trooper toon.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE