Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

POT5 OPEN WORLD PVP: Empire Invasion of Republic spaceport on Alderaan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
POT5 OPEN WORLD PVP: Empire Invasion of Republic spaceport on Alderaan

Bakiyo
10.29.2012 , 08:49 PM | #1
One of my guildies "Kellog" on home server Prophecy Of The 5 organized a huge Open World PvP attack on the Republic in thier own space port.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9NKm...ature=youtu.be

My Character:
Name: Sa'vash The Apprentice
race: Pure Blood
lvl: 50
Spec: Warrior/Jugg/Immortal

I just hit 50 recently so exscuse my **** damage and performance I will get better haha.
There was a lot let out because we were out there for like 3 hours, but enjoy what I strung together!

Sorry for the low quality my PC isn't the best at the moment but it won't be this bad for long.

toesterman
10.30.2012 , 02:37 AM | #2
You guys must feel so proud of yourself

Yiffinator
10.30.2012 , 03:29 AM | #3
I bet they do. Great job, taking down 2+ reps with your 7+ imps! You sure showed them!

Merwanor
10.30.2012 , 03:35 AM | #4
These type of videos are always ruined by all the annoying floating names. But I wish this was the only kind of PvP in the game, warzones or battlegrounds always ruin pvp in these kinds of games, because world PvP is usually so much more fun but people almost never do it becuase doing warzones is more convenient.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

Xenirath
10.30.2012 , 03:48 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Merwanor View Post
These type of videos are always ruined by all the annoying floating names. But I wish this was the only kind of PvP in the game, warzones or battlegrounds always ruin pvp in these kinds of games, because world PvP is usually so much more fun but people almost never do it becuase doing warzones is more convenient.
Not to mention World PvP has no reward system. So people will generally funnel into the warzones for the sheer fact its the only way to get gear.

You attacked a spaceport, good for you. But did you need to post on the forums a video of you doing it? Seems like someone needs the verification of others to feel proud of doing something. I do similar things and don't create new threads and post videos because

1.) Its not that hard to do
2.) No one really cares
3.) Other people do the same thing equally if not better.

Now I wouldn't mind seeing a video of you taking down 5 enemies solo in gear equal to yours. So go do that
The Three Topics Better Not Discussed Online:
1)Religion
2)Politics
3)Which Videogames are Better

LordArtemis
10.30.2012 , 04:45 AM | #6
I say bravo, and wish there was more of this. Raids like this make the world feel more alive and vibrant IMO, and really liven up things in games.

Hopefully we see more of this kind of thing in the future.

Stradlin
10.30.2012 , 05:13 AM | #7
There is a guild out there promoting WPvP and actual guild activities not involving some instance or another. To claim TOR was starving for both of these things would be understatement. What is the response of like, half of the community to this? Littering thread with Huttburt " Waaa wpvp isnt faaaaair " "caaaare?!?!" " aaanyone can doo eeet" BS since they saw a video that wasn't some 2 vs 2 duel@ dawn in some depressing instanced pvp cage.

Significant portion of TOR players have no clue what makes an MMO fun, lively or entertaining. Less BW reads these foorums and feedback, the better.

World PvP doesn't have to be about fairness or balance or waah waah. It is about unleashing hell and havin a blast.

Kesica
10.30.2012 , 05:20 AM | #8
Let me get this straight.

Your guild (bunch of 50s) attacks Alderaan spaceport. We all know Alderaan is level 30 planet.

So basically you run around killing few level 30s with huge group of level 50s.

Should I be impressed?

Am I missing something here?

Whats next Nar Shaddaa?

Xenirath
10.30.2012 , 05:23 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin View Post
World PvP doesn't have to be about fairness or balance or waah waah. It is about unleashing hell and havin a blast.
I agree, but I also don't post videos and forum posts when I unleash hell and have a blast either

WPvP is dynamic so fairness shouldn't be an issue, people will always whine but heres the kicker. The more you cry the more fun it is for them. All In All I applaud his raid of the spaceport, but I question his motivation for posting it in the general forums.
The Three Topics Better Not Discussed Online:
1)Religion
2)Politics
3)Which Videogames are Better