Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Master D.. where will you be going when the transfers come?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Master Dar'Nala
Master D.. where will you be going when the transfers come?

Chaori
10.29.2012 , 11:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Weeeeee View Post
The funny thing is, a lot of us came back last night to hopefully get some ranked games going and get some PVP happening on Master Dar'nala. But Nightmare Council que dodged us and left us all trapped in a deserted Voidstar for 8 minutes. When i offered everyone the choice to que for ranked again they said "whats the point? they are just gonna que dodge us again". So we all went back to Bastion.

Your que dodging of anyone other then your predetermined opponents is hurting the server far more then us.

Before you blabber on about us having an OP team, 4 of us were in recruit/battlemaster, and we were prepared to make gear changes if things were too uncompetitive in that Voidstar. I FINALLY managed to scrape together enough to make a republic pug team just to have some fun again on Master Dar'nala, and you que dodge it and force them to return to Bastion. We won't be queing again on Master Dar'nala, we PVP on Bastion where people actually play the game.
Queue dodging? Last night was our first ever guild in-house RWZ night. We have had absolutely no influence on the current state of server population. Normally we don't even run RWZ - so don't hold us accountable for you guys going back to The Bastion. What complete crap.

Before you blabber on about us having an OP team
Nobody ever mentioned you had an OP team so deflate that ego of yours, we are not afraid of vsing a more skilled/dedicated PvP team.

Weeeeee
10.30.2012 , 12:01 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post
Queue dodging? Last night was our first ever guild in-house RWZ night. We have had absolutely no influence on the current state of server population. Normally we don't even run RWZ - so don't hold us accountable for you guys going back to The Bastion. What complete crap.
Que dodging is when the entire team leaves the WZ before it starts, leaving the other team stranded with nothing to do but sit there watching the timer. Your guild done this to us last night.

Why should we play on Master Dar'nala when you quit the game before it starts and we are left sitting there waiting for the timer to run out?

Your excuses are pathetic, as will be your guild's skill in PVP if your que dodge all your opposition.

We are now completely focused on The Bastion now, where opponents fight each other in Warzones, not on loading screens...
Chief
<Core OG>

Rank #1 PVP Guild of Bastion

Chaori
10.30.2012 , 12:11 AM | #23
Que dodging is when the entire team leaves the WZ before it starts, leaving the other team stranded with nothing to do but sit there watching the timer. Your guild done this to us last night.

Why should we play on Master Dar'nala when you quit the game before it starts and we are left sitting there waiting for the timer to run out?

Your excuses are pathetic, as will be your guild's skill in PVP if your que dodge all your opposition.

We are now completely focused on The Bastion now, where opponents fight each other in Warzones, not on loading screens...
I understand what queue dodging is, I was questioning the statement not the word.

The one and only reason they left the WZ queue is cause we had 8 other people sitting in queue waiting for it to pop with the first group. The reason we did in-house matches is to get more experience and developed strategies. It really isn't an excuse mate, you should stop making accusations against my guild.

Vacarius
10.30.2012 , 12:16 AM | #24
The funny thing is, a lot of us came back last night to hopefully get some ranked games going and get some PVP happening on Master Dar'nala. But Nightmare Council que dodged us and left us all trapped in a deserted Voidstar for 8 minutes. When i offered everyone the choice to que for ranked again they said "whats the point? they are just gonna que dodge us again". So we all went back to Bastion.

Your que dodging of anyone other then your predetermined opponents is hurting the server far more then us.

Before you blabber on about us having an OP team, 4 of us were in recruit/battlemaster, and we were prepared to make gear changes if things were too uncompetitive in that Voidstar. I FINALLY managed to scrape together enough to make a republic pug team just to have some fun again on Master Dar'nala, and you que dodge it and force them to return to Bastion. We won't be queing again on Master Dar'nala, we PVP on Bastion where people actually play the game.
I'll address this issue below:

Nightmare Council remains committed to getting a viable ranked warzone team going, and we will hapily face anyone who wants to take us on. Unfortunately, we've recently lost two key players from what would have been our core team and had a few timezone problems, which have made it hard to get going (We only had 2 of our remaining core team on last night).

Since we do Nightmare Pilgrim on Mondays, we generally have quite a few people online (30+), so after beating that and the other world bosses, we decided to have a bit of fun and face each other in ranked warzones. Since the pub balanced ranked warzones went well, we decided to do it ourselves with whoever was keen. Given the state of the server, we thought late Monday night would be free of other teams queing, so we wouldn't be interfering with them.

My primary goal for these warzones was for everyone to have fun, and give some of our guys a taste of organised pvp. Because it was balanced and for guildies only, we ended up with a lot of people who'd never pvped before wanting to take part (friendly environment, no need to worry about getting 3 shot by midian, balanced teams, my voice ). These guys were obviously not that great, but with support from the more experienced guildies, they improved very quickly, and hopefully as a result with continue to pvp, benefiting the server as a whole. So since we had players with no pvp experience and no pvp gear (some had only pve'd before, so just took the cash), the team that ended up with you guys quite simply did not stand a chance (imagine a 5 alphababes in recruit gear). So yes, I told them to que dodge you as I did not want them to get annihilated and stop participating and I apologiIse for you guy being stuck in an empty match.

That said, I personally feel you guys overreacted on the matter, logging into your imp toons and proceeding to call Nightmare Council the worst guild on the server (since we're half the server now Master D's in trouble ). Naturally, our guys then responded and any productive discussion ended. I offered to get our better players into one team and take you guys on, but the offer was lost in the chat logs.

If you guys want to take us on, message me in game or on the forums (Vacarius for forums and Seikier in game) and I'm happy to organise a time for us to play each other (with our better players actually online).

TL;DR: Yes, we que dodged you sorry. With players who'd never done pvp before,we were trying to give everyone a taste of organised pvp. We were not competitive at all for any moderately decent team. Message me if you want me to get our top team organised.
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

Weeeeee
10.30.2012 , 12:34 AM | #25
My accusations stem from your accusation that we are the reason for Master D's current state.

Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post

What you guys are doing (jumping ship and rolling alts on other servers like Dalborra and Bastion now) is doing more harm to our server population than you might think. As stated earlier, the overall population since 1.4 has been pretty steady. The reason Master D is in its current state is because you have all already given up on it and bailed to other servers.

SImple Reasoning: You que dodge us, because you only VS your own guild. Why would anyone else outside your guild bother queing for ranked PVP on Master Darnala?

You couldn't even just play the 12 minutes against us, then play your own guild next match.

We may be the result of Master Dar'nala's dwindling population. But the actions of your guild contribute to the CAUSE of people leaving Master Dar'nala. This is why i called out on your idiotic reasoning in the quote above.
Chief
<Core OG>

Antiskeptic
10.30.2012 , 12:46 AM | #26
My accusations stem from your accusation that we are the reason for Master D's current state.

SImple Reasoning: You que dodge us, because you only VS your own guild. Why would anyone else outside your guild bother queing for ranked PVP on Master Darnala?

You couldn't even just play the 12 minutes against us, then play your own guild next match.

We may be the result of Master Dar'nala's dwindling population. But the actions of your guild contribute to the CAUSE of people leaving Master Dar'nala. This is why i called out on your idiotic reasoning in the quote above.
I would have que dodged you as well. Why should anyone on the server bend to your will and play you when you want them to with the server in it's current state. If you wanted to play against them you should have spoken to them so they could have made a team that was at its full strength. This game is not entirely about gear, it is also about skill. You should know this. You should also respect the balanced wz and what it means in its current state as you've been involved in them before and you know full well what it's like when someone tries to bomb the wz with no announcement as you've had it done to yourself as well. Yes we continued to play against those teams, that was our choice, as it's there choice to not take the pop. From the sounds of it they didn't know who or what they were queing against.

If you want games, be respectful about it and stop getting on your high horse.

Also, these actions happened after you all have left. Yes you may have came back to try and get some games going, but even if you had got them you still would have been back on the bastion tonight. Don't give me that crap.

"TL;DR: Yes, we que dodged you sorry. With players who'd never done pvp before,we were trying to give everyone a taste of organised pvp. We were not competitive at all for any moderately decent team. Message me if you want me to get our top team organised."

I don't speak for Nightmare Council. But I'm not sorry, suck it up and stop whinging like a bunch of school girls.
//

Weeeeee
10.30.2012 , 12:49 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Vacarius View Post
I'll address this issue below:

Nightmare Council remains committed to getting a viable ranked warzone team going, and we will hapily face anyone who wants to take us on. Unfortunately, we've recently lost two key players from what would have been our core team and had a few timezone problems, which have made it hard to get going (We only had 2 of our remaining core team on last night).

Since we do Nightmare Pilgrim on Mondays, we generally have quite a few people online (30+), so after beating that and the other world bosses, we decided to have a bit of fun and face each other in ranked warzones. Since the pub balanced ranked warzones went well, we decided to do it ourselves with whoever was keen. Given the state of the server, we thought late Monday night would be free of other teams queing, so we wouldn't be interfering with them.

My primary goal for these warzones was for everyone to have fun, and give some of our guys a taste of organised pvp. Because it was balanced and for guildies only, we ended up with a lot of people who'd never pvped before wanting to take part (friendly environment, no need to worry about getting 3 shot by midian, balanced teams, my voice ). These guys were obviously not that great, but with support from the more experienced guildies, they improved very quickly, and hopefully as a result with continue to pvp, benefiting the server as a whole. So since we had players with no pvp experience and no pvp gear (some had only pve'd before, so just took the cash), the team that ended up with you guys quite simply did not stand a chance (imagine a 5 alphababes in recruit gear). So yes, I told them to que dodge you as I did not want them to get annihilated and stop participating and I apologiIse for you guy being stuck in an empty match.

That said, I personally feel you guys overreacted on the matter, logging into your imp toons and proceeding to call Nightmare Council the worst guild on the server (since we're half the server now Master D's in trouble ). Naturally, our guys then responded and any productive discussion ended. I offered to get our better players into one team and take you guys on, but the offer was lost in the chat logs.

If you guys want to take us on, message me in game or on the forums (Vacarius for forums and Seikier in game) and I'm happy to organise a time for us to play each other (with our better players actually online).

TL;DR: Yes, we que dodged you sorry. With players who'd never done pvp before,we were trying to give everyone a taste of organised pvp. We were not competitive at all for any moderately decent team. Message me if you want me to get our top team organised.
Yeah, we overreacted, but we were so excited that we'd finally get some PVP on Master Dar'nala.

I wasn't even going to bring it up on forums because frankly, i've given up on MDN now. But when your guild leader starts accusing us rerollers of causing the declining populations on MDN, i felt compelled to note that last night the Republic rerollers tried to get some PVP going on MDN, and your guild left them sitting in an empty voidstar as a result. Then everyone went back to Bastion.

Simply put. Don't point fingers while your hand is in the jar (if you know that saying).
Chief
<Core OG>

Antiskeptic
10.30.2012 , 12:51 AM | #28
Yeah, we overreacted, but we were so excited that we'd finally get some PVP on Master Dar'nala.

I wasn't even going to bring it up on forums because frankly, i've given up on MDN now. But when your guild leader starts accusing us rerollers of causing the declining populations on MDN, i felt compelled to note that last night the Republic rerollers tried to get some PVP going on MDN, and your guild left them sitting in an empty voidstar as a result. Then everyone went back to Bastion.

Simply put. Don't point fingers while your hand is in the jar (if you know that saying).
You didn't try to get pvp going, you tried to jump in on some organised games without any consultation. This is your own fault.
//

Vacarius
10.30.2012 , 12:52 AM | #29

SImply Reasoning: You que dodge us, because you only VS your own guild. Why would anyone else outside your guild bother queing for ranked PVP on Master Darnala?

I distinctly remember you focusing me all night when we did ranked together Chieftan, so not quite sure where you got this idea we only face ourselves from since we have certainly faced you.

As I said above, the new guys we had said quite clearly they wanted to try out pvp in a friendly environment, getting farmed by your guys certainly doesn't accomplish this. To repeat, if you'd whispered Stevoo or myself asking if we could get a team together, instead of insulting us in general chat, we'd have been happy to pull together some players.

Since this is the first time we've done this, blaming us for the server dying seems a bit silly, you're acting like we're the only pvp guild left on the server when we're a pve guild trying to get into pvp

Finally, the logic behind the dying server business. Ultimately, we all agree it's Bioware's fault. However, people leaving the server reduces the population further. Because you leaving reduces the population, you are a cause of the server dying, not the main cause (bioware) but if you didn't leave, the server would have a higher pop, so saying you're entirely free of blame is a bit rich. Your decision may be justifiable, but that doesn't mean you're not a cause.
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

Chaori
10.30.2012 , 12:53 AM | #30
But when your guild leader starts accusing us rerollers of causing the declining populations on MDN, i felt compelled to note that last night the Republic rerollers tried to get some PVP going on MDN, and your guild left them sitting in an empty voidstar as a result. Then everyone went back to Bastion.

I said it was doing damage to the population even further, not causing it. And once again, let me say that was the first night we had ever done NC vs NC matches. Ever. You either aren't reading what I'm posting at all or you're so blinded by anger that you are just flat out refusing to take it in. Either way I don't think the subject of our PvP needs any more discussion.