Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Master D.. where will you be going when the transfers come?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Master Dar'Nala
Master D.. where will you be going when the transfers come?

Spinikar
10.28.2012 , 10:34 PM | #11
I would defiantly be moving of Master D. I'm not sure which server it would be. I would very much like to see what the bulk of Master D players do and to which server they move two as I would like to stay with this community.

I haven't spoken to all the Four One Nine yet, but the few that I have said they would opt to transfer as well.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Tom_the_Narwhal
10.28.2012 , 11:53 PM | #12
Legit would be going to Dalborra. Being a PVE guild, having 300 MS latency for raiding is impossible with the new mechanics in some of the operations now.
Tomthenarwhal
Ihaveabiggun Issues Cicolluis Tomthenarwhal
Fioria Fanta-Pants
Gm of <Legit>

Weeeeee
10.29.2012 , 12:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sildanar View Post
Indeed a great post.

Speaking to Chieftain the other day about his experiences on The Bastion, he noticed the latency in PVP quite a bit, I have had the same experience.
Perhaps its something you get used to, but for both of us it was severe enough that we both questioned serious competitive pvp with that kind of latency.

My vote would be Dalborra or The Harbinger (pop beats The Bastion easily).

The idea of a mass re-roll to Dalborra is fantastic and I would love it if that happened.
I do ackowledge though the fear that the APAC servers may well die off entirely and to be in the same boat again in 6-12 months would be terrible.

To answer your question for better or worse Ill be going to Dalborra or whatever the single Oceanic server will be called. Unless there is a consensus about a single target server in which case I'll go with the flow.
Yeah i got to level 10 and snooped around Dalborra Imperial Fleet. I learnt a couple of things.

1. Dalborra Ranked PVP is non existent
2. There is only one serious PVP guild left according to the people i asked on fleet.
3. Many of the people there said that the server population has been declining much like ours.
4. While there was 110 people on Imperial Fleet, there was only 1 lvl 50 warzone in progress.

Therefore im assuming Dalborra is in the exact same boat as Master Dar'nala, it's just gonna die a slower death.

Dalborra has the excellent ping, but The Bastion has the competitive pvp community we all really want.
So i'm afraid i have no choice but to continue rerolling on The Bastion.
Chief
<Core OG>

Rank #1 PVP Guild of Bastion

rickochey
10.29.2012 , 12:23 AM | #14
Looks like all the competitive PVP players are going to the bastion, so if you love your pvp come join us
Bessy . . .

laz_AU
10.29.2012 , 12:30 AM | #15
As a mostly PVE player:

Dalborra > Harbringer > bastion

Dalborra could work if enough people from the other APAC servers all agreed. The ping is what persuaded me to sub to swtor rather than go back to wow (and the storyline ofc)
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

AIRCONGO
10.29.2012 , 07:22 AM | #16
3 of us from nightmare already 50 on repub side and got into BadCompany guild for pvp matches! Que pops within 10-30sec. Saw Yvainne the other day on imp.
<JUST WAITIN FOR A MATE>
GÓllows / Myronreducto / Swolldaddy / Xilent
<Wrath of Xedrix>
Gall÷ws / FÓcebones / Swollows / Shackabrah

Banegio
10.29.2012 , 05:42 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Weeeeee View Post
Yeah i got to level 10 and snooped around Dalborra Imperial Fleet. I learnt a couple of things.

1. Dalborra Ranked PVP is non existent
2. There is only one serious PVP guild left according to the people i asked on fleet.
3. Many of the people there said that the server population has been declining much like ours.
4. While there was 110 people on Imperial Fleet, there was only 1 lvl 50 warzone in progress.

Therefore im assuming Dalborra is in the exact same boat as Master Dar'nala, it's just gonna die a slower death.

Dalborra has the excellent ping, but The Bastion has the competitive pvp community we all really want.
So i'm afraid i have no choice but to continue rerolling on The Bastion.
There are some pug organised rwz in the last few weeks on the republic fleet.

1) Ranked wz has been minimal due to the fact that most people believe they need to be in fully augmented wh gear to be viable (but you gear up slowly if you don't queue.....this is a perception problem that lead to a catch 22). There has also been lack of coordination between some of the larger guilds. Timing and availability also played a part in the past.

2) I believe there are still many active and avid pvpers on the server. There are 4-5 guilds that have the players to field one or more competitive rwz teams. In fact a few of the guilds are now working to arrange a ranked wz night this Friday.

3) No doubt the population has declined since launch. However it has been very steady since 1.4. Actually I noticed some increased traffic just last week (probably due to the absence of the pvp bug). I also noticed chats on the fleet from new players, transferred players, re-rolled players and returning players.

4) That may depend on the hours of the day. I would say there can be up to 4-5 lv50 wzs during peak hours at night. Three concurrent wzs are pretty regular. But you do get 15 minutes wait if your queuing is not aligned with the pop.

In summary I think Dalbarra is just holding up. And there are hopeful signs of improvement. Having said that, another couple of weeks of pvp bugs can kill the pvp population.

Chaori
10.29.2012 , 10:53 PM | #18
I have no intentions of moving from Master D if paid transfers become available and no form of server merge or cross-server queue has happened. Frankly I don't want to pay to transfer 10 toons to a playable server, I'd rather go down with the sinking ship so to speak, in hopes that BioWare will do something to fix the APAC populations. If I want to play an MMO with >250ms I'll go play Pandas.

What you guys are doing (jumping ship and rolling alts on other servers like Dalborra and Bastion now) is doing more harm to our server population than you might think. As stated earlier, the overall population since 1.4 has been pretty steady. The reason Master D is in its current state is because you have all already given up on it and bailed to other servers.

I have seen multiple people on Fleet that have re-subbed only to find that the population is now basically empty - imagine how many more of those re-subscribers would have stuck around if so many players hadn't already left for The Bastion and Dalborra.

Free to Play is just around the corner, and if Master D is already empty when it hits it won't bring in any new players - who would want to roll on an empty server right? If you really want to save this server then stay on it.

GHoppa
10.29.2012 , 11:23 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post

What you guys are doing (jumping ship and rolling alts on other servers like Dalborra and Bastion now) is doing more harm to our server population than you might think. As stated earlier, the overall population since 1.4 has been pretty steady. The reason Master D is in its current state is because you have all already given up on it and bailed to other servers.
It is unfair to blame players leaving this server at this point in time if they no longer find it fun. Anyone leaving at this point is just a symtom of a problem that they had no control over during the past few months. They pay their money, and if they don't enjoy low populations and pvp ques in excess of 30 mins, then they have a right to leave.

I have seen multiple people on Fleet that have re-subbed only to find that the population is now basically empty - imagine how many more of those re-subscribers would have stuck around if so many players hadn't already left for The Bastion and Dalborra.
Again, not their fault, and who's to say that those people re subbing just didn't do it on another server? The bastion has a rocking AU population now.

All the blame on this lies squarly with bioware. They have all the tools and options at their disposal to make the game more enjoyable for everyone, and to do something about populations. No one should be made to suffer through months of boredom in the hopes of f2p "maybe" solving issues. There are quick and direct steps bioware could have done weeks if not months ago, but did not.

Weeeeee
10.29.2012 , 11:37 PM | #20

The funny thing is, a lot of us came back last night to hopefully get some ranked games going and get some PVP happening on Master Dar'nala. But Nightmare Council que dodged us and left us all trapped in a deserted Voidstar for 8 minutes. When i offered everyone the choice to que for ranked again they said "whats the point? they are just gonna que dodge us again". So we all went back to Bastion.

Your que dodging of anyone other then your predetermined opponents is hurting the server far more then us.

Before you blabber on about us having an OP team, 4 of us were in recruit/battlemaster, and we were prepared to make gear changes if things were too uncompetitive in that Voidstar. I FINALLY managed to scrape together enough to make a republic pug team just to have some fun again on Master Dar'nala, and you que dodge it and force them to return to Bastion. We won't be queing again on Master Dar'nala, we PVP on Bastion where people actually play the game.
Chief
<Core OG>

Rank #1 PVP Guild of Bastion