Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DashaAdair
10.29.2012 , 03:53 PM | #31
Cut this guy some slack. He loves his job like the guy who loves making coastlines, especially fjords. I'm sure we'll find his signature somewhere on a leaf, or tree, or blade of grass.

These guys have produced some of the best looking environments that evoke Star Wars feel.

Keep up the good work.

Apologies Douglas Adams (RIP)

veinman
10.29.2012 , 03:58 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by xXxJedixX View Post
New graphics you say? Will you fix the FPS problems that are in 1.4 for dual video cards?
The FPS issues are affecting more than just players with dual cards. They need to fix it for everyone with the problem. I'm beginning to fear how much more 1.5 will break.
Utinni. :

DegreesOfFreedom
10.29.2012 , 04:01 PM | #33
I'm holding my fingers crossed this time. Last time 1.4 was released, it generated a new set of bugs that is still not fixed today.

Edre
10.29.2012 , 04:03 PM | #34
This looks lovely. Thank you. I know there are lots of other challenges the game faces, but that does not take away from the fact that this looks like a very pretty effect and it will be nice to see in-world.

LordArtemis
10.29.2012 , 04:07 PM | #35
First shadows, now shaders, cleaning up various graphic artifacts....if you guys continue you will leave me nothing graphics wise to complain about

Great job. This is one I actually thought could not be accomplished with the engine, and you found a way. Brilliant.

Now....if you could only give us a detail distance slider......

LrdRahvin
10.29.2012 , 04:10 PM | #36
So this is one of the guys to blame for the black circled eyes and general stuttering problems in/since 1.4. Something got changed in the way shader complexity works cause the only way to mitigate some of the probs. is to crank it up or all the way down in options.

happysister
10.29.2012 , 04:11 PM | #37
looks beautiful! can't wait to see it in game, as well as any other graphic enhancements you all come up with in the future. i always thought this game was pretty.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic/Empire

SentinelDranoel
10.29.2012 , 04:12 PM | #38
... You know the game already looks amazing but ok. I care more about performance but that is just me.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

jarjarloves
10.29.2012 , 04:14 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
... You know the game already looks amazing but ok. I care more about performance but that is just me.
I think this might just be one of the benefits as they try to get the engine more refined.

All I know is the last patch made it so my laptop can run the game at a higher graphics setting with a higher framerate.

lafr
10.29.2012 , 04:18 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
I think this might just be one of the benefits as they try to get the engine more refined.

All I know is the last patch made it so my laptop can run the game at a higher graphics setting with a higher framerate.
And yet my i7 with or without crossfire can't run in mid quality. And it's just after 1.4, before that was great.