Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LUCASCASADEIS
10.29.2012 , 03:35 PM | #21
i don't like it : (

i love it

Draylo_Cral
10.29.2012 , 03:38 PM | #22
Draylo Cral - Hired Gun

phill-fry
10.29.2012 , 03:39 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Draylo_Cral View Post
Agreed
"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege. "

lafr
10.29.2012 , 03:39 PM | #24
Please, don't do this. The game is already terrible to play. No more bugs, please.

Dovahbrah
10.29.2012 , 03:42 PM | #25
Just what this game needed, an update to foliage! Not class balance, not bug fixing, none of that; what we truly needed was better looking foliage.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

vian
10.29.2012 , 03:46 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Dovahbrah View Post
Just what this game needed, an update to foliage! Not class balance, not bug fixing, none of that; what we truly needed was better looking foliage.
Riiiight. Because, as we all know, the people who work on the background graphics in a MMORPG are also exactly the same team who work on the character programming and stats.

Get a grip.
Two blasters; no waiting!

chuixupu
10.29.2012 , 03:48 PM | #27
The game plays great for me.

Yes, I understand there are some people who still have issues.

Here's the thing - These updates are good in the long run for this game. It will make the world more dynamic, nicer to look at, provide better immersion. There does run a risk of causing more issues, as we found out in 1.4, though it's not that the updates themselves are bad, but that when they push stuff out with not enough testing with all the various video cards out there. So post-release adjusting becomes necessary. Like when WoW put in some stuff like the water effect updates, it initially caused some problems with some people, but now I don't think anyone would want to go back to their crappy old water effect.

Hopefully, they did better testing with this beforehand then they did with the shadows in 1.4. But it is completely possible that the changes made for this really won't effect anyone's systems. Shadows have always been kind of a dodgy, graphics intensive thing.

And yeah, I wish people would understand that SWTOR has multiple teams that world on different aspects of the game independently. Add this features has no impact on class balance changes, quests, warzones, operations, etc...
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Lord_Ravenhurst
10.29.2012 , 03:50 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by vian View Post
Riiiight. Because, as we all know, the people who work on the background graphics in a MMORPG are also exactly the same team who work on the character programming and stats.

Get a grip.

^
this!
*sigh*... Donīt even try to explain it. People with no clue about game development will never get it.

Zfawver
10.29.2012 , 03:51 PM | #29
that is incredible that they are adding sunlight effects! And everyone says how bad this game is. They might want to rethink that.

Uluain
10.29.2012 , 03:53 PM | #30
I love to read about the art end of game design. It's something that is always right in front of us but surprisingly easy to overlook. I have to keep my graphics settings fairly low (this is by no means a top end machine) but even so, I often let myself stop to enjoy the scenery. Nice to see this little upgrade, and a window into a fundamental but little-discussed aspect of the game.