Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
10.29.2012 , 02:23 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone,

Please discuss this week's Developer Update: Technical Changes in Game Update 1.5 blog in this thread!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

demonolithic
10.29.2012 , 03:08 PM | #2
Groovy. Look forward to this and many other things in 1.5.
.. let me start by saying nothing...
Cochise
The Shadowlands

Lord_Karsk
10.29.2012 , 03:09 PM | #3
The worlds themself in SWTOR looks really great,this is just even better for us that likes to be immersed.

Red-Dwarf
10.29.2012 , 03:10 PM | #4
ah, so is this why some people might need newer drivers than are available for their video chips?

I was wondering as there weren't any graphics changes listed in the patch notes I could see.

We need lots more testing on this to nail down the crash to desktop problems in 1.5 and see if it related to needing newer drivers as some manufacturers unfortunately don't update their customised drivers for OEM on-board chip setups so affected computers which meet the minimum specs may be unable to run the game after 1.5.

Suzina
10.29.2012 , 03:12 PM | #5
The world building has always been a strong feature in TOR. It'll be nice to see this asset clearer.
Member of Bane Fleet

Tatile
10.29.2012 , 03:12 PM | #6
It certainly looks very pretty, but I hope it doesn't kick any(more) awful issues, like the random crash-to-desktop's people are experiencing.

xXxJedixX
10.29.2012 , 03:13 PM | #7
New graphics you say? Will you fix the FPS problems that are in 1.4 for dual video cards?

JediCahlwyn
10.29.2012 , 03:15 PM | #8
Neato... sunshine!

Now fix bugs and get my guild back!
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

Harvengure
10.29.2012 , 03:16 PM | #9
To some it might seem like such a small thing; especially given how many players feel there are still glaring bugs that should be take priority above this sort of thing. However, to devote the time and energy to do the 'little' things like this shows that you guys care about your players and the worlds you've created for us to play in.

So on behalf of the players who do enjoy the game; to everyone here that runs the site and the forums, and to everyone at BioWare and EA and LucasArts; thank you for caring to give us updates like this.

Eillack
10.29.2012 , 03:22 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
The worlds themself in SWTOR looks really great,this is just even better for us that likes to be immersed.
I love this as well.

..................but the last time we tried to do something like this in 1.4..the game broke...I'm bracing for lag-agedon.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.