Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1 year later, still no official release for Mexico

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1 year later, still no official release for Mexico

Royox
10.29.2012 , 11:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenirath View Post
Oh No! No Mexico Release!?! Does anyone really care -.-

I'm actually quite glad I don't have to translate 50% of general chat tbh, because despite servers being separated by languages people insist on going to an English server and not speaking English.

I'm spanish, I play on TOFN and we never use spanish in gen chat -.-

blinkwise
10.29.2012 , 11:58 AM | #12
then use amazon.com to buy the game, get on an english server, and then play.

In order to have an "official" release in mexico they would have to provide a spanish version of the game, including voice acting. This is a huge undertaking and it is much easier for those of you that do speak english well, to just buy the game online.

LUCASCASADEIS
10.29.2012 , 12:28 PM | #13
The f2p is for all the countries, be happy!

Darth_Victus
10.29.2012 , 03:33 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by blinkwise View Post
then use amazon.com to buy the game, get on an english server, and then play.

In order to have an "official" release in mexico they would have to provide a spanish version of the game, including voice acting. This is a huge undertaking and it is much easier for those of you that do speak english well, to just buy the game online.
That is what I did to get my copy.

Honestly, I do not understand why the original language versions didn't include spanish, because it is one of the top 3 most used languages in the world. That would be a huge profit for the company when you add in all the spanish speaking countries.

Granted there are differences between spanish from Spain and Mexico, and such.

amaresch
10.30.2012 , 09:25 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Victus View Post
...Granted there are differences between spanish from Spain and Mexico, and such.
They could do the same as they do for English which is Queens English for the Imperial faction and American English for the Republic, plus a couple of other dialects thrown in for good measure.

What do you think, would Castellano have the same impact for the Spanish voice over of the Imperial side? Which major dialect would best be used for the Republic voice over? Mexican? Venezuelan?

This was a little off topic, but like you said- I also can't see why a Spanish release wasn't made either, The language has a huge population base and with a global presence.

Nemmar
10.30.2012 , 09:29 AM | #16
Correct me if im wrong... but if the game is going F2P, that is, it will be downloadable throught the internet... doesnt that mean anyone in the world can get it?