Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP fraction balance

krty
10.29.2012 , 10:25 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Masarko View Post
Wait what?

I finished of my Weekly on my Operative, Marauder and Sorcerer in a weekend...this weekend...
you is special
Nef'ertiti - Kall'iope
There are other forces at work in this world besides the will of evil.

ParzoSwe
10.29.2012 , 12:37 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by krty View Post
you is special
Yes Hi'de is so special, he must get carried in NWZ

On topic, I dont have any problem in warzones, usually winning 90%. But i think the pugs on the imperial side is generally worse than on the rep side. Roll with some friends in a premade, and youll be winning a lot more.
Impulse - TOFN
Parzo-ii, Pyro Powertech
Parzoz, Medic Operative
Parzo, Rage Marauder

zoranporan
10.30.2012 , 03:02 AM | #23
Didn't get a White Noise premade in team last nite so I had to play 4 instead of 2 games for my daily.

#swtorproblems
Sith Marauder | Helle | ToFN EU

Kreidl
10.30.2012 , 04:09 AM | #24
i read this thread at the first page and i have to say someting to this topic.

I am a mercenary and i heal the whole time in warzone but i am already lvl 19.
And my overview of all warzones is that it is really hard to heal because nobody want to guard me so why i should or could heal good?!?

Kyemin
10.30.2012 , 04:34 AM | #25
Although I do agree with the statement that Reps win more warzones, I must say that I have 3 level 50 on the Imperial side and I do finish my weekly on all of them, every single week, and it doesn't take the full week to do it.

I believe Reps are more organized, more solidary with each other, not so arrogant in the way they play, and that is a characteristic that comes from all of the "light side" influence. On the other hand, Imps are more selfish and more "chuck norris" becouse of the "dark side" influence. Yes, I believe it goes a little psicological in that matter.

Nevertheless, I also have reps chars and although they aren't level 50, I do warzones with them and I do not agree on more noobs on one side then the other, even yesterday I had a voidstar in the Rep side and it was one of the noobest warzones achievements I saw (Like having all the advantage and losing the 3 turrets becouse they were fighting underground, below the middle turret, with a few imps. Amazing.).

So... let's just keep growing in aware that imperials need to leave the entire "Darth Maul kill all" thing, specially in pug groups, but also when they think they are very good and do bad strategic choises based on the concept that "I can deal with anything" or "I will concentrate my heals on my guildmate, we are awesome", and start to see the entire team as they are, a team, and instead of killing without helping to kill, start to kill and heal the people that are already engaged in a fight. I see a lot of that in the Rep side, not so much on the Imp side.

My 2 cents.
TRON
Kyemin Jäguar Xräy Rögue Predätor Sävage
BEER INC
Maziac Mäcloud Smöke Rëd

Ghostuka
10.30.2012 , 07:55 AM | #26
This thread reminds me of something my father told me once:

"Son, everyone thinks what they got in their pants is the real deal."
Kánn - Tardìs - Gìn
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Drinking game: Take one shot if you take my post seriously
Take two if you don't.

McRed
11.01.2012 , 12:18 AM | #27
I am a noob, this being my first MMO. I am fairly casual and have played both rep and imp, and am yet to get a character to 50 (have a 45 sorc on advice it was an easy class to pvp with as a noob).

I mostly PUG - my only gaming friends play WOW, sigh - and I have a few noobie observations.

1. I am trying to learn to be a better pvper - hot keying, mouse turning, etc. I have warzone objectives all down pat, and try different strategies, but sometimes opponents and allies are much better than me. They deal with this in one of two ways - offer advice and support or sook up like a 5 year old who is about to lose at marbles.

2. There is a huge variety of skill levels out there and in PUGs you can be lucky or unlucky in who you are grouped with and who you face. Even in PUGs on imp side I om the winning side with enough regularity to make it fun.

3. ITS A GAME DUDES. Enjoy it, give people time to learn how to get better. If it is growing there will always be people learning and different skill levels, on you team and on your opponents. Give them support (if they're your teammate), not abuse. Encourage them to play more pvp to get better, not less. And if they are on the other team, kill them and win and teach them that way.

By the way, I agree that there is more negativity on the imp side, but there is too much of it on both.

We're all noobs at everything at the start.
PVP wannabe, 1st MMO, loving it.
Shagwell - sorc
Aus'tin - power tech

Masarko
11.01.2012 , 01:55 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ParzoSwe View Post
Yes Hi'de is so special, he must get carried in NWZ

On topic, I dont have any problem in warzones, usually winning 90%. But i think the pugs on the imperial side is generally worse than on the rep side. Roll with some friends in a premade, and youll be winning a lot more.
hey !

Not my fault that youre crying for a pocket healer!

zoranporan
11.01.2012 , 02:27 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
That about sums up the last weeks of pvp.
Been almost no effort winning from imps, unless you encounter those rare premades of White Noise,m then you get a challenge
I got into one of these last nite, for the first time ever; we tripple capped on novare, won in leik 5 mins!! was uberpro, whasp carried us all !
Sith Marauder | Helle | ToFN EU

Memo-
11.01.2012 , 07:02 AM | #30
It's hit and miss really. If I start my weekly on all my lv50 characters (three reps) on Tuesday by doing the daily everyday (and no more), I rarely have to do extra warzones on Monday to get the Weeklies done. I both soloqueue and queue with guildies, but that really doesn't affect the outcome. Sometimes you lose ten matches in a row and sometimes you win them. A bad pug will rarely win without communication, and a good pug can easily win without even one word exchanged in the ops chat during the match (a 6-1 Huttball yesterday, not a single word yet good reactions and movement from everyone). Strive for objectives, learn your class (not L2P, mind you ) and learn other classes so you know how to counter them.
Sakkó | Faris | Maliris | Sopraano<Reilukerho>Bas'so | Väli | Rai'chu | Jauhe
Delarah | Stilva | Luccia | Ethawn<Lice-Ridden Banthas>Tenori | Baritoni | Weimar | Altto
   The Lihavuori LegacyTomb of Freedon Nadd