Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deception/Infiltration and Terror From Beyond

anstalt
10.11.2012 , 07:43 AM | #11
I would basically drop your crit, increase surge and put any spare points in willpower / power.

The percentages I aim for with my DPS gear:

Crit: 30-35% fully buffed
Surge: 75-77% fully buffed
Accuracy: 95-98%

Crit is less useful for inf/deception due to a number of things: Force Potency, Set Bonus and Force Synergy talent. These three things all increase our crit chance in various places which means raw crit chance on your stat sheet is less important. However, just have a play and see what you prefer.

Accuracy also less important: force skills cannot be defended so project and force breach cannot miss. Thats two of your main skills that will automatically hit the target. So, dropping your accuracy 2-5% isn't going to make much difference in terms of DPS, but the spare points can be nice for optimising gear.
Anstalt - lvl 50 valor 81 Shadow Consular

Currently retired due to poor design decisions within the game that have killed its longevity. Get rid of Hickman before he ruins the game completely!

Wraiven
10.11.2012 , 12:51 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by anstalt View Post
I would basically drop your crit, increase surge and put any spare points in willpower / power.

The percentages I aim for with my DPS gear:

Crit: 30-35% fully buffed
Surge: 75-77% fully buffed
Accuracy: 95-98%

Crit is less useful for inf/deception due to a number of things: Force Potency, Set Bonus and Force Synergy talent. These three things all increase our crit chance in various places which means raw crit chance on your stat sheet is less important. However, just have a play and see what you prefer.

Accuracy also less important: force skills cannot be defended so project and force breach cannot miss. Thats two of your main skills that will automatically hit the target. So, dropping your accuracy 2-5% isn't going to make much difference in terms of DPS, but the spare points can be nice for optimising gear.
I don't know about the acc part. I know Bosses have a 10% chance to dodge when you have 100% Accuracy. SO getting that Acc up to by 10% guarantees you hit every time with your saber attacks. As a Deception, I use my Saber quite often. Is it just really not that important?
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

nosmos
10.22.2012 , 04:29 PM | #13
I was just trying to work this out - other trees (for instances, my marauder) I can spec into more accuracy if I so desire to, so I can focus more on power / surge. The deception tree has no talent - so keeping 110 special and 100 melee acc means loosing a lot of potential power / surge....

Maul and VS are both white damage - and both are 2 of your main attacks, aside from Discharge and shock.

So, teh hell to do?
55 Assassin - 55 Sorc - 55 Jug - 55 Marauder - 55 Sniper
55 Operative - 55 merc - 55 Powertech

devtek
10.27.2012 , 04:06 PM | #14
We have an infiltration shadow in our progression group and he does perfectly fine, he even leads our burst team for killing anomalies in second phase of TFB herself. TFB is a tailored excellently for burst specs (anomalies, jealous males, data cores, 10 second burn phases on kephess, etc). He still complains of course but personally I think that's just his way of making us tell him we love him.

DarthSylar
10.28.2012 , 10:21 AM | #15
If Bioware decides to buff this class again, I think it can be fixed by adjusting the talent "resoursefullness."

For starters, reducing the force cost of Lacerate is completley pointless in PvE. I don't PvP, but if it's usefull there, make it a stand alone skill. So many skill were consolidated so there is room for another stand alone skill or just add it to one of the PvP talents.

In exchange, either further reduce the cooldown on Over Charge Saber or increase the durration by a few GCDs.

That change alone should be enough to bring deception/infilitration within 5% or so of the higher DPS classes

Pyrinoos
10.28.2012 , 11:52 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSylar View Post
If Bioware decides to buff this class again, I think it can be fixed by adjusting the talent "resoursefullness."

For starters, reducing the force cost of Lacerate is completley pointless in PvE. I don't PvP, but if it's usefull there, make it a stand alone skill. So many skill were consolidated so there is room for another stand alone skill or just add it to one of the PvP talents.

In exchange, either further reduce the cooldown on Over Charge Saber or increase the durration by a few GCDs.

That change alone should be enough to bring deception/infilitration within 5% or so of the higher DPS classes
It's not useful in pvp either. IMO change this talent to provide a crit buff based on surging charge stacks, something small like 1- 3% per stack. Thus optimal gear would even more clearly be all power/surge because of the built in crit from skills/recklessness. The extra crit would help dps a lot in between recklessness cooldowns.
<Silent Council> Lamech - Assassin | A'chan - Mercenary
<Berserk> Zillah - PT | Korh - Sniper
<Project Mayhem> Lamch - Mara | Sethur - Op | Amalek - Jugg
Slade legacy on The Ebon Hawk

Karasuko
10.29.2012 , 02:04 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I'll have to report back later on that.

(Updated)

Melee: 517
Force: 729
Crit: 37.7%
Surge: 69.7%

This is without stims.
Its pretty simple, You ahve bugger all surge, too much crit and not enough power.
My stats
Melee-693
Force-980
Crit- 31.30%
Surge-78.56%

The way I see it is simple.
we get 10% melee crit off the low level balance talent
we get 15% extra on our CS.

Power affects 100% of your damage and is well worth stacking out the buggery. I could use another WH relic over the internal damage proc relic but my motivation to play more than barely required is at an all time low.

anstalt
10.29.2012 , 06:46 AM | #18
Well, I managed to play as infiltration spec all last week (normally I tank) and managed to get some decent numbers.

I'm now parsing 1530dps on the dummy fully buffed (link) and can get closish to applying that DPS to an actual environment

16 Man EC Story Mode (I'm anstalt)

8man Karagga's Palace SM

I still can't hit the high numbers of guardians and sentinels but I'm more than holding my own. My gear still needs tweaking (need campaign hilt and lower my crit a bit more) and I'm also the raid leader which we've observed as lowering DPS by 50-100dps per fight (all raid leaders in guild have noticed it, as soon as we dont raid it shoots up).
Anstalt - lvl 50 valor 81 Shadow Consular

Currently retired due to poor design decisions within the game that have killed its longevity. Get rid of Hickman before he ruins the game completely!