Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about High Energy Cell and internal damage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Question about High Energy Cell and internal damage

Melanchior
10.28.2012 , 10:53 PM | #1
Is there any other way of doing internal damage, other than the damage over time following the Gut ability?

Having an ammo type affect how severe a stab wound is seems a tad ridiculous. Sure, it's just dumb nitpicking.. but I'm still curious.

Tornesdal
10.29.2012 , 12:01 AM | #2
"Loads your rifle with a high-energy powercell. While active, all internal and elemental damage dealt is increased by 5%. Only one cell can be active at a time."

It increases Elemental damage as well, namely Ion Pulse, Plasma Grenade's DoT component, Explosive Surge, Pulse Cannon, Fire Pulse, Incendiary Round, and Energy Blast.

Kitru
10.29.2012 , 01:50 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Melanchior View Post
Is there any other way of doing internal damage, other than the damage over time following the Gut ability?
Not that I recall.

Quote:
Having an ammo type affect how severe a stab wound is seems a tad ridiculous. Sure, it's just dumb nitpicking.. but I'm still curious.
It's important to remember that, as far as the mechanics of the game are concerned, internal and elemental damage are identical: everything has the same resistance to internal damage as elemental damage and everything that buffs internal damage buffs elemental damage. The only difference is thematic, to give the developers some leeway in developing abilities for mirror classes. It seems kinda redundant when your class only really deals one half of the I/E damage split, but thems the breaks.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.