Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc is TERRIBLE

blameitonthe
10.28.2012 , 02:27 PM | #561
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
stop posting. please
Why then no merc/commando be healer instead??Very good pvp healers. If you're concerned your merc or commando is going to be a deadweight in pvp, respec to bodyguard/combat medic, your team will love you more. ALSO, pyro/assault spec is quite viable in pvp, of course you're most probably not going to top damage (which most uneducated pvp'ers believe pvp is all about ) but as a merc/commando, you're a turret, if you can't shoot things 1v1 then stop shooting them and become a full time healer-peeler. Which in turn will make your team love you long time.
BMO IS MY HOMIE.

Asturias
10.28.2012 , 02:43 PM | #562
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepublicRevan View Post
How'd you learn to deal with melee? I've resorted to /stuck anytime I see one of my fanboys chasing me down. I'd rather die knowing I killed myself rather than let anymore op melee have their fun with our clearly weak class.

How do you deal with the 97 stuns/movement slowing moves they constantly spam?
Like I said before, I do struggle against equally skilled players and above because when comparing a Mercenary to a Melee class, the melee class will win.

I think for me as a player I have played this class so much that I have basically learned the In's/Out's of it and timing is the key. I can recognize poor players in a match and adrenals are key that most don't use plus your interrupt is a good tool for channeled abilities. They can buy you time to send off a quick heal or two and finish who ever off.

I am not proclaiming to be the best because ever match I play is something new I learn or improve on. I think what is nice about players that stick to one class can sometime pull off amazing things because of practice.

Things that I have learned that I believe is important to matches.

1) Adrenals
2) LOS (Line of Sight)
3) Interrupt/Stuns
4) Understand what stats you need for your spec to get full DPS output
5) Key to all things is learn timing and try to anticipate what the other class is going to do next and to be honest most players are predictable, especially melee.
Jung Ma RP-PvP server
Asturias (Main) Mercenary Fross Juggernaut (Alt)
Rhinus (Alt) Sith Assassin Bastion PvP Server
"Credits is what gets me motivated".

Azrienov
10.28.2012 , 03:34 PM | #563
I still agree with alot of what is in this thread. Arsenal in PvP is asking to get butchered, and pyro is ok at best. What is the point of playing a merc right now when there are better PvP ACs that fulfill the same roles?

ArchangelLBC
10.28.2012 , 05:31 PM | #564
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
Either I just went over your head or you didn't read very carefully. You cannot compare PVE susstained to PVP because you switch targets too much which ruins heat management. There. That simple enough for ya?
I read it your post and understood it. Learn to manage your ammo better. It hasn't been difficult since 1.3, at least in gunnery spec. Besides I'm spotted and singled out long before I begin to have ammo issues. Reserve Powercell, Recharge Cells, and Cell Charger with a the odd Hammer Shot if you're having issues works wonders. Also consider using the PVE set bonuses if you're going to be using gunnery/arsenal.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

PowerReaper
10.28.2012 , 06:24 PM | #565
Please buff this class (i have a 29 merc i stopped leveling because it was ridiculously underpowered).
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord Èschaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

Dovahbrah
10.28.2012 , 06:54 PM | #566
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerReaper View Post
Please buff this class (i have a 29 merc i stopped leveling because it was ridiculously underpowered).
Agreed. I made a thread in the general forums. Bump it up, perhaps BW will finally take notice and do something. This thread is filled with good ideas for the class.

Thread link: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...94#post5337694
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

ArchangelLBC
10.28.2012 , 07:04 PM | #567
Quote: Originally Posted by Dovahbrah View Post
Agreed. I made a thread in the general forums. Bump it up, perhaps BW will finally take notice and do something. This thread is filled with good ideas for the class.

Bumped. Doubt it will matter, but bumped.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Azrienov
10.28.2012 , 08:15 PM | #568
Quote: Originally Posted by Dovahbrah View Post

He's trolling.

Dovahbrah
10.28.2012 , 08:39 PM | #569
edit: woops.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

Phasersablaze
10.28.2012 , 09:33 PM | #570
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
stop posting. please
Lol cute tactic. Ask everyone who doesn't agree with you to stop posting. Let me think about that...

...NO THANKS GUY!!!

Ever seen a merc do 1 million damage in a regular length WZ? Guss what. They still wouldn't even if they could free-cast the entire time. Merc DPS needs an upgrade ESPECIALLY burst.