Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Would Han Solo Be?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What Would Han Solo Be?

bahdasz
10.28.2012 , 04:35 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Squigss View Post
He's definitely a scoundrel, scoundrels are a melee class, that's as direct combat as it gets. Also the 1 blaster thing.
I don't ever remember seeing Han Solo beating anybody's butt in a fist fight. He's a gunslinger all the way.

YoshiRaphElan
10.28.2012 , 08:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
I don't ever remember seeing Han Solo beating anybody's butt in a fist fight. He's a gunslinger all the way.
He decked Lando!

TyraelJedi
10.28.2012 , 08:59 PM | #23
The argument can not be settled by weapons slots. Solo does not dual wield, nor does he have a hidden shotgun.

Based off of the movies, more so RotJ, Solo tends to be more SS Gunslinger. He gets back handed by a scout trooper for lack of ninja skills, and during the brawl at the shield generator bunker Solo practices some serious marksmanship with his blaster.

In the end I would have to say he is neither Gunslinger or Scoundrel, but his very own advanced class.
Daringer

C O V A N A N T/ Ghost Infantry

Melanchior
10.28.2012 , 10:46 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Gassygunslinger View Post
As much as I hate to say it, Han Solo was a terrible smuggler. He got caught, he can't sneak (see ROTJ), he can't dual wield, he can't heal, and if he were a better smuggler, he wouldn't have gotten caught in the Death Star's tractor beam....

Let the flaming begin!
By that token, Luke Skywalker was a total noob for never learning Force Charge or Force Sweep when he hit level 2 and 3 respectively. Scandalous.

And Han was a total scoundrel. He was lazy, sneaky and used one blaster. None of the passive aggressive trigger happiness of gunslingers. Plus, Leia called him a scoundrel repeatedly, I recall.

NurseDonut
10.29.2012 , 07:59 AM | #25
He's a smuggler. Advanced classes are a crutch.

bahdasz
10.30.2012 , 03:10 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
He decked Lando!
First off, Lando is the epitome of a WEAK opponent, and he made a LOUSY companion.

Secondly, any Gunslinger that can't smash a weak opponent's junk in the dirt using their melee moves... not deserving of the title.

I stand by my argument for Gunslinger. When I see him turn invisible or shoot bacta rays out of his butt to heal Chewie in a gunfight... then I might change my mind.

-Holmes
10.30.2012 , 03:15 AM | #27
Han Solo is Han Solo. Done.
The OMGWTFBBQHAX Legacy

Wainamoinen
10.30.2012 , 05:27 AM | #28
Han Solo shot first.

Scoundrel.
Somewhere in the darkness, the Scrapper he broke even
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Haystak
10.30.2012 , 05:51 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by veggienomad View Post
The only times Han isn't fighting from cover is when he's either blind, or he's actively running TO cover. He's a pure Sharpshooter Gunslinger who only wields one blaster.
I agree with you that he is always running to cover....but sharpshooters dont run to cover, they just cover in place.....a scoundrel works better here as they dont have the mobile bunker, and actually have to run for cover when things get bad.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

tindin
10.31.2012 , 08:28 PM | #30
he was a bad smuggler so he could not afford to get the skills need to be better....