Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guardians needing Medium armor when I run flashpoints using my Sentinel.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Guardians needing Medium armor when I run flashpoints using my Sentinel.

Leovinus
10.27.2012 , 03:44 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhaker View Post
So the marauder is a douche if he is rolling on a need that he only needs mod too.

This should be only for new comers who have no gear would be needing first. If you out roll him he is most likely going to require getting gear elsewhere, as well as leaving a sour taste in his mouth.

But hey you are right let's just roll need on anything cause the 56 mods and enhancements are so useful that I'll be able to run HM TFB on 56 mods no problem.... really!
That's not what he said. He's pointing out that a marauder rolling need on a dps medium strength piece will likely do the exact same thing as a dps jugg rolling need on a medium dps strength piece. That is, both are likely to strip every mod (armoring, mod and enhancement) and put it in their current shell. Is there a chance that the marauder will use the shell it comes in? Sure there is, but the shell means NOTHING*, and all those mods mean the same to a dps heavy armor wearer that they do to a dps medium armor user.

*Obvious exception being with the set bonuses on Tionese-Rakata

DarthSylar
10.27.2012 , 04:35 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhaker View Post
So the marauder is a douche if he is rolling on a need that he only needs mod too.

This should be only for new comers who have no gear would be needing first. If you out roll him he is most likely going to require getting gear elsewhere, as well as leaving a sour taste in his mouth.

But hey you are right let's just roll need on anything cause the 56 mods and enhancements are so useful that I'll be able to run HM TFB on 56 mods no problem.... really!
If I'm reading this right then you are calling most players in this game a douche cause most people have a look they like and rip out the mods. The shell is completely useless unless it has a set bonus, and gear that has a set bonus doesn't drop (just the redeemable tokens). It's the stats that people need and whether you are a sentenial/marauder or guardian/juggernaut, if you priortize strength over endurance and secondary stats like power/crit/surge/accuracy, then it's a need roll.

DarthSylar
10.27.2012 , 04:36 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Leovinus View Post
*Obvious exception being with the set bonuses on Tionese-Rakata
but those don't drop do they? exotech and whatever the other one is drop and do not contain set bonuses. The rest are tokens based on class not advanced class, so all knights/warriors would compete for those anyway

Leovinus
10.27.2012 , 04:52 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSylar View Post
but those don't drop do they? exotech and whatever the other one is drop and do not contain set bonuses. The rest are tokens based on class not advanced class, so all knights/warriors would compete for those anyway
Of course, I was just pointing out a situation in which the shell actually had a gameplay use, nothing more. I know there was some ambiguity in my post.

DarthSylar
10.28.2012 , 07:27 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Leovinus View Post
Of course, I was just pointing out a situation in which the shell actually had a gameplay use, nothing more. I know there was some ambiguity in my post.
honestly it's funny that not a single person who thinks this is wrong can explain why, I don't even think I've done this before, but if there was a legit reason, I wouldn't.

DarthSylar
10.28.2012 , 07:28 PM | #76
To the OP, did you ever roll need on an offhand saber when your intent was to put the mods in a main hand? Both are the same if you ask me.