Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Master D.. where will you be going when the transfers come?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Master Dar'Nala
Master D.. where will you be going when the transfers come?

cuttothechase
10.28.2012 , 04:20 PM | #1
Master D is 100% dead now...it's not even on life support...logging in to even get your WZ daily done can take forever.

The obvious options and the most discussed have been Dalbora, Harbinger and The Bastion... they all have pros and cons.

Dalbora
Pros - We keep the excellent latency and if we all moved there as one then the population would swell nicely. Also it's our time zone so the peek times are better.
Cons - With the slow decline of the game itself and the lack of care shown by Bioware will this server share the same fate as Master D somewhere down the line?... also the 50 queue is broken and the level of care they have shown in getting this fixed looks pretty deplorable.

The Harbinger
Pros - The pros are many ..a GTN absolutely flooded with items, pvp pop in seconds in fact a wait more than a minute or two is rare. Multiple opponents in WZs, i've rarely been grouped with the same people. Even during our peek time, which is there dead time, the fleet and planets are overflowing with people. At the end of the day Harbinger has the greatest population out of all servers so if one day there was only one server left...this would most likely be it.
Cons - The latency drop from sub 30ms to 170-270ms can be a game breaker. It's not an APAC community and for some the inane general chat about politics can be a chore. It's not a PvP server...but with world PvP non existent anyway this doesn't really matter. Also the average level of PvP is awful... or maybe Master D was all full of lowbie alts of War Hero plus because the lowbies on Harb have no clue where as the lowbies on Master D were full of good players.I don't know what it's like at 50 yet but i would imagine the same ...rated may be better.

The Bastion
Pros - I've not rolled on the Bastion....but i believe it's similar to The Harbinger with a slightly lower population but not by much.
Cons - Same as Harb I would imagine it being a PvP server that the quality of WZs even at lowbie level would be better but i can't say for sure.

All this being said if we were to all transfer to Dalbora then we, as a server, would stay togethor and i've had alot of good times with alot of you and it would make Dalbora a better server in turn. However if we all split between the servers then Dalbora loses out a bit and we all split to. BOSS as a group are discussing the same on our guild forums but I thought i'd try and get a general concensus as well.

Also thank you to Chippy for his efforts in trying to get Bioware to notice and acknowledge the problem...which they did then promptly ignored it.

TLDR ? : Anyway...where are you going to transfer to and why? Not re-roll...we've all done that already in various places and i can drop my lowbie anytime and not care... but my main has to go somewhere permanent.

Note: I have 4 x 50s and my son has a separate account and his chars will need transefered where i go to so paid transfers are going to hurt ..i, like many of you, only want to do this once. It will be my second round of transfers having originally been on Nadd's Sarcophogus..but that transfer was free.

JcPogi
10.28.2012 , 04:58 PM | #2
if you want competitive PVP and Ranked Warzone, The Bastion is the best pick. Hey I'm MVP is clearly the best guild in the Bastion in my opinion, and other guilds like Strictly Business and Don't Panic are great guild for ranked as well..

If you want population, The Harbinger wins by default.

For latency and during primetime, Dalborra is the best.

Cheezfriend
10.28.2012 , 05:04 PM | #3
Good post mate!!!

I am going to nominate this for community round up however they will most likely delete my recommendation as BW will not face this problem.

AS per the BOSS forums, I will repost here so the greater community can see.

1. Bon voyage Master D when xfers come in, F2P is not going to save the server.
2. Most likely go to Dalborra with Chippy alone, no doubt BW are going to charge a butt load to xfer. See how it goes there.
3. Continue to level on Harbringer... this server will be the dinosaur server of SWTOR, it will always have population and will only die when the game shutsdown IMO
4. I still want to level lots of chars, i have one of every class on Master D but they are all around lvl 20 so its no loss if i level them on Harbringer, after all why would I want to pay $25 to xfer... no doubt they will charge A LOT OF MONEY to xfer because we have worked out BW are a bunch of *****s when it comes to the APAC community etc etc and will no doubt try and make a quick buck out of our misfortune.

In Summary

I really really really want to stay on the APAC servers however history has shown us BW doesnt give 3/5s of sweet FA about our community. For the longevity of the game, The Harbringer is it!

Sildanar
10.28.2012 , 06:05 PM | #4
Indeed a great post.

I feel the same way Nerdrage, I would really like to stick together with the great people I have played with on Master D.

Speaking to Chieftain the other day about his experiences on The Bastion, he noticed the latency in PVP quite a bit, I have had the same experience.
Perhaps its something you get used to, but for both of us it was severe enough that we both questioned serious competitive pvp with that kind of latency.

My vote would be Dalborra or The Harbinger (pop beats The Bastion easily).

The idea of a mass re-roll to Dalborra is fantastic and I would love it if that happened.
I do ackowledge though the fear that the APAC servers may well die off entirely and to be in the same boat again in 6-12 months would be terrible.

To answer your question for better or worse Ill be going to Dalborra or whatever the single Oceanic server will be called. Unless there is a consensus about a single target server in which case I'll go with the flow.
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

Deviouzzz
10.28.2012 , 06:38 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cuttothechase View Post
Master D is 100% dead now...it's not even on life support...logging in to even get your WZ daily done can take forever.
Is a bit drastic, its very low pop but I still have some hope that F2P will bump it up a bit (I may be insane) also all the concerns are really only to do with PVP, this server still has several PVE guilds going strong and enjoying the game, of course it could always do with more players, but if your single activity focused and its not working out that doesn't mean the whole server is dead/broken.

If and when they offer paid xfers I would think Dalbora would be the best choice at first to at least try and keep our tasty pings, xfering to a US server only as a last resort.
Deviouz
Nightmare Council - Master Dar'Nala
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted."

Ailie
10.28.2012 , 07:35 PM | #6
I'll be sticking with Gav for as long as it's viably possible as none of the other APAC servers appeal for RP.

If I *had* to move, likely the US RP servers

sankalp
10.28.2012 , 07:35 PM | #7
I am mainly a PVE player so ping is not as criticalfor me, however I will till prefer 30 to 300. I am in no mood for rerolling though, if I wanted to play a game alone I would go and play some excellent games like AC3, FARCRY3, Hitman absolution etc which are, imo much better than the drivel BW makes eg. ME3

I would like a consolidated server as I think we as a community can support 1 server easily(remember people will come back if there were no pop issues) so it should be ok.

As for F2P solving issues, its gonna bring in 12 year olds who dont know what the **** community means and will just spew crap ingame. and the 10% of all the idiots coming in with f2p will ever get to 50 on a single char, and when they do they will be terrible. I can see 2-5% of f2p population making any meaningful contribution to endgame which means there is no point waiting for f2p.

Only if people at BW got this. But then there is a case to be made of hiring people with an actual education rather than just experience as education is what makes you understand why things happen. Hire people with experience only, and they have no idea how to look at the root of issues and just spew ad hoc fixes.

Antiskeptic
10.28.2012 , 07:49 PM | #8
Short and sweet.

Dalborra if not The bastion.
//

cuttothechase
10.28.2012 , 09:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviouzzz View Post
Is a bit drastic, its very low pop but I still have some hope that F2P will bump it up a bit (I may be insane) also all the concerns are really only to do with PVP, this server still has several PVE guilds going strong and enjoying the game, of course it could always do with more players, but if your single activity focused and its not working out that doesn't mean the whole server is dead/broken.

If and when they offer paid xfers I would think Dalbora would be the best choice at first to at least try and keep our tasty pings, xfering to a US server only as a last resort.
As much as i understand that PvE is still functional on Master D..it's not just the lack of a PvP pop that is ringing the death knell...the GTN is almost unusable to find matts in particular for things such as Plastoid and Bronzium...high level armourings are rare as and the list of things that you can't find there goes on... low population causes other things to happen not just low pop. As noted most of the PvP'ers now have alts on servers that they will likely be going to when transfers become available...and when they do...ALLLL those main characters will be gone from the fleet for good. If it's not dead now, it will be then and it's not if, it's when. So yes, it's dead... it's on life support now with the machines giving it a pulse and breath ..with people logging in to do their dailies...and of course you will still be able to PvE ...but as a fully functioning server..it's dead just waiting for them to pull the plug.

Shioji
10.28.2012 , 09:28 PM | #10
yeah i rolled on the Harbringer after hitting lvl 12 i decided to try some pvp i know low level isnt really a good way to judge, but i was mainly in there to see how much difference the ms change would effect me as melee. It was enough for my to go back and start over on Dalborra. As a melee dps i found it much harder to play with 300ms, some people say you get use to it but i dont think i could go back to that kind of ms(Latency) after tasting 34ms on our servers! No delay at all in my abilitys when pressed no fps lag either, game just runs smoother for me on our servers

Now im a recent returning player to the game and my mains are on Master D which are full BM and when i did a couple WZs against people who are much much better geared then me it felt like i was in recruit gear lol, So there is really no loss for me in rerolling and putting time/effort into a new main on another server

Just my 2 credits, Cheers
Rambojenkins - Vanguard OG
I Put Da Team on Ma Back