Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Stuttering still persists

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

netslayer's Avatar


netslayer
10.28.2012 , 10:37 AM | #11
I'm telling you I had the same issue I know you dont want to hear this but it is a problem with some of your hardware and windows 7. either do a fresh install or move to windows 8, moving to windows 8 completely fixed the issue for me.
I7 3960x (4.6 ghz) Asus Rampage IV ExtremeCorsair Vengeance 16gb quad channel 1333Ocz Vertex 3AMD Gigabyte 7970Corsair AX1200w PSU

Dragonul's Avatar


Dragonul
10.28.2012 , 11:24 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by netslayer View Post
I'm telling you I had the same issue I know you dont want to hear this but it is a problem with some of your hardware and windows 7. either do a fresh install or move to windows 8, moving to windows 8 completely fixed the issue for me.
Can you shut up buddy?
I reinstalled the windows and the game still have the same problem.
I know that my pc is way down below yours but still...
Hd4890
Amd triple core 3.1ghz
4gb ram

No difference in fps when i put the graphics on very low or very high.
The problem is not the fps ,when i stop i have 45-60 but when i start moving all hell's breaking loose.So don't start giving stupid advices here and go play the game.

Naturalscience's Avatar


Naturalscience
10.28.2012 , 11:59 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by netslayer View Post
I'm telling you I had the same issue I know you dont want to hear this but it is a problem with some of your hardware and windows 7. either do a fresh install or move to windows 8, moving to windows 8 completely fixed the issue for me.
Clearly because a fresh install of a brand new, non-supported (by SWTOR) OS worked...well everyone should do it! I know YOU don't want to hear it but I have no hardware or OS problem.

What you have is a reading comprehension problem. As I stated in my original post, I had no issues of any kind before 1.4...explain to me how that would result in Hardware or OS issue ON MY END.

netslayer's Avatar


netslayer
10.28.2012 , 01:50 PM | #14
I have a comprehension problem when you guys are clearly trying to run the game with minimum system specs? right get real. you are expecting to much obviously it is your system.
I7 3960x (4.6 ghz) Asus Rampage IV ExtremeCorsair Vengeance 16gb quad channel 1333Ocz Vertex 3AMD Gigabyte 7970Corsair AX1200w PSU

TheShootist's Avatar


TheShootist
10.28.2012 , 02:03 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by netslayer View Post
I'm telling you I had the same issue I know you dont want to hear this but it is a problem with some of your hardware and windows 7. either do a fresh install or move to windows 8, moving to windows 8 completely fixed the issue for me.
Why should I have to update my OS to Windows 8 to run this game? It ran fine before 1.4, and it shouldn't have problems with Windows 7. you aparently aren't listening to what others are saying..... The problem isn't everybodys computer, it's something to do wtih 1.4 update that is causing the glitching. Not to mention all the other bugs that were created.

Naturalscience's Avatar


Naturalscience
10.28.2012 , 02:59 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by netslayer View Post
I have a comprehension problem when you guys are clearly trying to run the game with minimum system specs? right get real. you are expecting to much obviously it is your system.

You might have the worst reading comprehension of anyone I have ever seen post on the internet.

As I have stated in 4 different posts within this thread...I ran SWTOR on max settings before 1.4 hit. My dxdiag also clearly shows that my system is far beyond what is needed to run this game with everything maxed.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt right now and say that this whole time you have been just trolling me. No other explanation for offering a full OS reinstall and not reading even one of my posts.

Kyuuu's Avatar


Kyuuu
10.28.2012 , 03:59 PM | #17
Sadly it is the games what ever they did in 1.4 fubared alot things ranging from old bugs coming back to the game to have skipframe feature and or bug some how make its way in to the engine. 60+fps with frame skipping and or stuttering, or what ever you want to call it is bad, and when the fps of the game becomes 20 or lower with that same effect the game becomes effectively unplayable.

Mean while before 1.4 everything was fine.

Cerimon's Avatar


Cerimon
10.28.2012 , 05:06 PM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Naturalscience,

I will suggest two things here, update your video driver and running the game after a clean boot. Your laptop may require OEM drivers supplied by your machines manufacturer and you may actually have the most recent drivers they supply. Having said that, please attempt the clean boot and let us know of any improvement.

So: uninstall video driver, clean boot and then clean driver install, clean boot again, play.

NVidia recommend completing this through Control Panel/add/remove programs.
1) Go into your Control Panel
2) Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon
3) Select the NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers from the list of programs.
4) Click Change/Remove or Add/Remove button.
5) Confirm with Windows that you wish to continue with the uninstall

Nvidia link:http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_13955.html

Instructions on performing a clean boot for Windows 7 and Vista or Windows XP.
When installing an Nvidia driver please choose the advanced install and tick the box for "perform a clean installation".

Also, once the drivers are installed, do another clean boot and play the game and let us know if the newer driver and clean boot has helped any.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Naturalscience's Avatar


Naturalscience
10.28.2012 , 06:11 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Naturalscience,

I will suggest two things here, update your video driver and running the game after a clean boot. Your laptop may require OEM drivers supplied by your machines manufacturer and you may actually have the most recent drivers they supply. Having said that, please attempt the clean boot and let us know of any improvement.

So: uninstall video driver, clean boot and then clean driver install, clean boot again, play.

NVidia recommend completing this through Control Panel/add/remove programs.
1) Go into your Control Panel
2) Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon
3) Select the NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers from the list of programs.
4) Click Change/Remove or Add/Remove button.
5) Confirm with Windows that you wish to continue with the uninstall

Nvidia link:http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_13955.html

Instructions on performing a clean boot for Windows 7 and Vista or Windows XP.
When installing an Nvidia driver please choose the advanced install and tick the box for "perform a clean installation".

Also, once the drivers are installed, do another clean boot and play the game and let us know if the newer driver and clean boot has helped any.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
Alright I went ahead and Uninstalled my drivers, did a clean boot, reinstalled drivers, clean boot again, start up SWTOR...

Unfortunately I see no change in the stuttering issue. FPS stay steady in the high 40s with max settings on but the stuttering hurts my eyes so badly that I just can't do it. All stuttering went away by changing to Shader Complexity to very low.

Edit: I made sure that I did a clean driver install

Naturalscience's Avatar


Naturalscience
10.28.2012 , 08:04 PM | #20
Update: I followed your exact steps for Clean Install / Boot but instead of the latest OEM or nvidia drivers...I found and installed the ASUS OEM package for nvidia's 295.55 drivers and found a pretty significant improvement to my stuttering.

Thank you for the assist!