Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Movement keys become 'stuck' - this is a bigger issue then it might sound

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Movement keys become 'stuck' - this is a bigger issue then it might sound

Mikkeos
01.25.2012 , 02:35 PM | #11
This already happened during beta.

Zoning or restarting the client are the only known ways to the client back into working condition.
Q: So, is there anything at all in the game that mitigates falling damage?
A: elevators

PolarBear
01.25.2012 , 09:03 PM | #12
I have the same issue too it is really annoying. I also have a Razer Naga Epic. Is everyone that is having the problem using a Razer Naga?

Fuket
01.25.2012 , 09:18 PM | #13
I have this same problem where it seems on of the movement keys gets stuck and I spin in a circle. I have found binding a key or unbinding a key to fix the issue temporarily.

Sierras
01.26.2012 , 12:49 AM | #14
I read that the issue can be because of binding keys to shift or alt. (Example: binding left quickslot 1 to Alt 1.) I had my left quickslots bound to Alt keys and my right quickslots bound to shift keys. I changed the bindings to other keys, such as the numeric keypad for the right quicklsots. So far the issue appears to be fixed.

If you are using shift or alt keys, try something else and see if it works.

Sierras

Ushela
01.26.2012 , 12:56 AM | #15
I have razor naga and i get this too....stuck running forward, backwards, left, right etc...i bind shift, alt, and ctr and my naga pad is NUM LOCK...wish i knew how to fix this

Shocktastik
01.26.2012 , 11:30 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sierras View Post
I read that the issue can be because of binding keys to shift or alt. (Example: binding left quickslot 1 to Alt 1.) I had my left quickslots bound to Alt keys and my right quickslots bound to shift keys. I changed the bindings to other keys, such as the numeric keypad for the right quicklsots. So far the issue appears to be fixed.

If you are using shift or alt keys, try something else and see if it works.

Sierras
I had this same issue using Shift as my main modifier key. I just changed all of my shift modified abilities to use Alt instead and it fixed it for me. In the meantime I found that if I hit Shift+direction key I'm moving it would stop me. ie stuck strafing right hit Shift+D. Still freaking annoying but it was a decent temporary fix for me.
Shock - 50 Assassin
Hyperspace Cannon (PVE West)

daDren
10.28.2012 , 05:01 PM | #17
Its October 2012 and its still happening to me once and awhile. No discernable pattern in actions. I dont think its hardware problem.

majornig
01.17.2013 , 09:51 PM | #18
Bump, Im still having issues with this.

Mikeobryan
04.22.2013 , 08:13 PM | #19
I am having the same issue with a razer deathadder. It can happen at any time, without the use of a modifier. Although I do believe it only happens while holding down the right mouse button and pressing a directional key.
This is very annoying and has never happened with any other game while using my razer mouse so I know its not a hardware issue. Maybe I missed some sort of fix because I just started playing this game. Probably not because this seems to be the most active post out there and there is no fix posted. Hopefully this can be fixed someday so we don't have to just live with it.

Naoshiki
11.10.2013 , 01:35 PM | #20
Bumping this up again. My wife and I have this issue as well. Granted it happens to me more often.

I have a Razer Lycosa Keyboard and Naga Hex Mouse.

My wife has a Logitech G510 Keyboard and a G700 Mouse.

we both have Win 7 home premium

My typical solution is to run my hand over the keys a few times until it stops. I do find it tends to be problems with the QWEASD and Arrow keys. Oh well, I never have issues with any other MMO.
Don't Holocall and Speeder. It's the Law! - Audacious - Prophecy of the Five
Raiju, Feracity & Brynhìldr 55 Sorcs, Chervil 55 Sniper, Bvlgaris 55 Op
Silva'daeus 55 Bounty Hunter, Xavellia 55 Jug, Gianetta 55 PT
Malyponopos 55 Sent, Baby'Bátter 55 GS, Raijillia 55 Sage