Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Constant disconnects

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ArcturusSaDiablo
10.28.2012 , 04:06 PM | #1
I'm getting disconnected frequently, like every 5 minutes. It's only with SW:ToR, because wife is playing WoW with no issue, and we regularly game in the same room with no issue. Any known bad server latency issues at the moment?

Nadreck
10.28.2012 , 04:16 PM | #2
Same here error 1003
Although I don't even get 5 mins worth

Cerimon
10.28.2012 , 04:54 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings ArcturusSaDiablo,

I suspect your machine is trying to check for software updates, please check your task scheduler, not task manager, as in the first item on the list below to see if something is trying to update itself.

Please check the following to help resolve your issue:
  • Check Windows Task Scheduler (not task manager) for any software updates such as Google or Flash that may be interfering with your game connectivity.
  • Ensure that your network connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, using a wired connection will improve the connection.
  • You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
  • You may need to remove and re-add an exception for SWTOR.exe and launcher.exe to your Firewall and Anti-Virus.
  • Please go to the following location if you have installed the game in its default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
    From there, delete the file called DiskCacheArena. The DiskCacheArena file is recreated whenever the game starts so it is not harmful to delete this file.
  • If you utilize a VPN for your connection, you need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Explorer.
  • If you have any third party traffic management software running on your computer, you can try disabling it.
  • Restart the game and attempt to login again.

Let us know if you find anything causing a problem in your task scheduler.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Jarlgon
10.28.2012 , 05:13 PM | #4
It's the game in this case. Many many people are having the same issue. Different graphics cards, cpu's, ram, harddrives (or ssd) and even operating systems, all having the same issues

Amodin
10.28.2012 , 05:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarlgon View Post
It's the game in this case. Many many people are having the same issue. Different graphics cards, cpu's, ram, harddrives (or ssd) and even operating systems, all having the same issues
That isn't going to be the cause of disconnects. It will most likely be a port that is closed on a firewall or router preventing proper connectivity to the game.

Jarlgon
10.28.2012 , 05:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Amodin View Post
That isn't going to be the cause of disconnects. It will most likely be a port that is closed on a firewall or router preventing proper connectivity to the game.
servers are part of the game (its the hardware that holds the game files)

Amodin
10.28.2012 , 05:19 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarlgon View Post
servers are part of the game (its the hardware that holds the game files)
Yet again, you are posting something completely different than what will cause the disconnects.

Zarrot
10.28.2012 , 06:49 PM | #8
My GF and I are having the same issues. Constant disconnects. They started after the Tuesday downtime never had a problem prior to that and we ahve been playing since January. Our latency will spike and we will DC. Located in the North East US connecting to The Shadowlands. It was so bad Friday we just bailed. It's still happening today. It's not on our end other games not showing the issue we aren't DC'ing out of Mumble. Something is up either on the server end, the network end or their is a bad router between us and the server...

Edit: Once when it occurred tonight my GF and I DC in Kaon and a guildie DC'd from a WZ simultaneously.

FrankLee
10.28.2012 , 07:53 PM | #9
Having this tonight, both my pc and the GF's. Gddmnd thing has dropped us both simultaneously in 3 consecutive WZ's. Not PVE, just WZ's. F'ing terrible. Takes forever to log in, get a q, get loaded into the game, to play for 5 minutes and GET NOTHING. 0 f'ing commendations for almost 2 hours because of this crap.

And oh yeah, shockingly, I get no connection errors, no inability to browse, nothing wrong. Except for SWTOR's site and their game.

Amodin
10.29.2012 , 03:29 AM | #10
First thing I would try would be to flush your DNS cache.

Start > Run > Type: CMD (hit enter)

Type at the prompt:

ipconfig /flushdns