Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
10.27.2012 , 12:42 PM | #2661
I should really stop reading and posting in any threads related to SGRA's which aren't this one - the latest one posted in General Discussion has left me emotionally drained, yet I keep going back. It's like watching a car crash or a cat stuck in a washing machine.

I've hit that point again where it feels like everything I've done is absolutely pointless and that Bioware couldn't give any less of a **** about this content or the people who want it.

It's hard to maintain a facade of positivity when I'm so full of doubt myself.

TL;DR: Whinge.

Uluain
10.27.2012 , 01:07 PM | #2662
I can't pass up the opportunity to post there or in any other thread on SGRs because if we do stick to here, the issue is invisible. I outgrew my closet over twenty-five years ago. I'm really not inclined to allow myself to be put back in one.

Tatile
10.27.2012 , 01:15 PM | #2663
Well I sent the Youtube link to Mr. Gonzalez saying it was unfortunate that Mr. Amatengelo and Mr. Hood were forced to resign over the interview.

I wonder if he'll understand what I meant.

Uluain
10.27.2012 , 01:24 PM | #2664
I'm not sure I do.

I think Gabe got away with it because no one had actually told him he could not discuss it. As he admits, it's not really in his area at all. It probably never occurred to anyone concerned with preventing it that he might.

And I think Hall was pressured to rescind his tweet. I don't know that, because yet again we don't have sufficient information on how these things work and of course he hasn't actually said. But I think if he could have left it, he would.

One person who almost certainly must know the prospects and perils of sharing that kind of information in that sort of way is, of course, Joveth. So any risks the two did face for divulging as much as they have he's surely aware of.

Are you saying that because they weren't fired, he should take things in his own hands and talk about what he likes? I don't think he can do that.

What he may be able to do is, if he can demonstrate that a policy is not effective, use that to leverage for change. He may. I don't know for sure. And I don't know if he's inclined to. But I'd not recommend bringing his work to his doorstep on the weekend. It's not apt to win us much in sympathy.

QwibQwib
10.27.2012 , 01:32 PM | #2665
Speaking of Mr. Hood, I was browsing through his tweets and he said that the Agent and Smuggler classes were always pegged as "Romance" classes, with lots of fade to black time. Not that I noticed (with the Agent) since I stray away from [Flirts]...

EDIT: I.e. because of the lack of SG flirts. I wonder how much I'll have missed out on when they do get implemented, since it sounded like it referred to flirts with quest npcs.

Tatile
10.27.2012 , 01:35 PM | #2666
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
I'm not sure I do.
Nope, working with the idea that because we haven't heard from Mr. Amatengelo and Mr. Hood since the interview and tweet respectively, that they have been reprimanded in some way in-house. It would be nice to hear from Mr. Gonzalez that they haven't been forced to resign, that's all.

Also... he doesn't start work till Monday so my messages won't reach him until Monday or later. I don't know how to contact him any other way, besides, personal channels would be inappropriate for a work-related matter.

chuixupu
10.27.2012 , 01:49 PM | #2667
Hall Hood seems as active and upbeat as he always has been, I don't believe he's ever been one to post in the forums. He only did one fan site interview as far as I'm aware. Most likely they're just busy working on stuff and not going out to conventions where they are giving interviews, I doubt either of them were reprimanded for those comments. Though they might have been asked to refrain from doing unsanctioned interviews.

fyi, from experience, male smugglers and male agents have the most romance options in the game.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Tatile
10.27.2012 , 01:54 PM | #2668
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Hall Hood seems as active and upbeat as he always has been
He is? Where?

Uluain
10.27.2012 , 01:55 PM | #2669
Quote: Originally Posted by QwibQwib View Post
Speaking of Mr. Hood, I was browsing through his tweets and he said that the Agent and Smuggler classes were always pegged as "Romance" classes, with lots of fade to black time. Not that I noticed (with the Agent) since I stray away from [Flirts]...

EDIT: I.e. because of the lack of SG flirts. I wonder how much I'll have missed out on when they do get implemented, since it sounded like it referred to flirts with quest npcs.
That is a subject (flirts with mission NPCs) that has never to my knowlege been addressed in regards to same-sex romance. There is however a thread about it in the Suggestion Box, as I happen to know because I created it when playing my Smuggler first became jaw-clenchingly aggravating on account of all the flirt prompts I was meeting with - and all of them with the ladies, of course.

So if you want to see that addressed, I'd be overjoyed if you'd go give a bump to my request for Same-Gender [Flirt] Prompts. It might be fun to get the topic going on multiple threads from multiple directions over the weekend.

QwibQwib
10.27.2012 , 01:56 PM | #2670
I haven't played smuggler, or even gotten my agent past Act I, so I mostly hear things from other people. How embarrassing is it that I was in Early Access, yet I've never even gotten past Act II?