Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

natashina
10.27.2012 , 12:12 AM | #2641
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
"It only caters to a tiny minority."
"This should in no way take priority over [X content I want]."
"Stop trying to normalize your freakish perversion".
"They'll have to add relationships with Tauntauns, too."
"I play this game to escape RL issues so I don't want your agenda here."

I can probably think of more, given time.

Edit oh! How could I forget the classic "They can't do it because the ESRB would rate it M."
Hold the phone...TAUNTAUNS?

So the old homosexuality = animal lover (the proper term is censored lol) comparison is alive and well on the forums eh? Wonder how I missed that one. I'm glad I did.

I shouldn't be surprised by this, but sometimes the ignorance that can be inherent to human nature takes me off guard. It really shouldn't by now, but that's what I get for maintaining some faith in humanity.

Oh well, at least the trolls are amusing.

I do want to go, "Seriously, are you reading the words coming off of your fingers? Do you really believe that?" I know I don't want the answer to that one though.

Edit: Forgot to add the expression of the week. "I'm not against SGRs, but I wouldn't hold my breath."

Three times in three threads this week alone getting told that very sentence. Yeesh.

natashina
10.27.2012 , 01:05 AM | #2642
Oh, I wanted to mention that I finally managed to grab Hall Hood's deleted Tweet and got it into the SGRA faq. Not sure how I missed it, but thanks Uluain.

Tatile
10.27.2012 , 03:33 AM | #2643
On a much lighter note, I had a really weird dream last night.

Ixum was posting from the PTS, telling us about how the male Imperial Agent was getting two male romance options, one of which was Vector and the other was some unnamed entity who I specifically remember wasn't Lokin. So I dream-scrolled through the dream-thread, skipping over someone who had posted all the dialogue of one of the romances with another companion. I'm pretty sure it was Torian.

And that's what happens when I go to bed late after staying up and discussing SGRA's in Star Wars. Whoo.

(At least I'm not dreaming about work anymore.)

MoogleNut
10.27.2012 , 03:48 AM | #2644
Just had a look at the thread in general, lets just say I'm staying well away for the sake of what remains of my sanity - I tend to type first then think later and don't want to get culled again (such a sad end for words to be destroyed like that, but I digress).

I'm currently playing on the Test Server, mainly because I wanted y to play a smuggler again (she's such a snarky one, almost as fun as snarkyHawke in DA2), also wanted to see what shinies I might get with my free cartel coins - which appear to have adopted the nickname 'cacos' over there.

Am at the last level of Coruscant now, hopefully will get to Tatooine before I lose internet in a week or so (moving house, new internet not going on until 6 December, Can use the shared on in the pub downstairs, but not exactly conducive to safe surfing or game playing), to be able to get pics of the female ftb there. Still kicking myself that I turned her down on live >< Well, how was I to know she'd go through with it?

Anyhoo, not sure what the point of this post was, but hiya anyway

Rayla_Felana
10.27.2012 , 04:34 AM | #2645
The vast amounts of idiocy, immature behaviour and outright ignorance displayed on these forums isn't just shameful, it makes me lose all hope for humanity.

Reminds of the big flame-war over the Star trek DS9 episode where what's-her-name was revealed to be romantically involved with another woman, the trekkies went absolutely ballistic, they instantaneously went from the hope for peace and co-operation to just another group of hate-filled bible spouters, it was that moment when I stopped watching Star trek all together because I knew we'd never get over our differences and our only future will be some form of holocaust because we are a ludicrously childish race and we'll never amount to anything, because no matter how far science comes along we still be filled with discriminatory imbeciles who will end up wrecking all the achievements we make as a race due to idiotic semi-idols in power.

Fyuria
10.27.2012 , 04:40 AM | #2646
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
The vast amounts of idiocy, immature behaviour and outright ignorance displayed on these forums isn't just shameful, it makes me lose all hope for humanity.

Reminds of the big flame-war over the Star trek DS9 episode where what's-her-name was revealed to be romantically involved with another woman, the trekkies went absolutely ballistic, they instantaneously went from the hope for peace and co-operation to just another group of hate-filled bible spouters, it was that moment when I stopped watching Star trek all together because I knew we'd never get over our differences and our only future will be some form of holocaust because we are a ludicrously childish race and we'll never amount to anything, because no matter how far science comes along we still be filled with discriminatory imbeciles who will end up wrecking all the achievements we make as a race due to idiotic semi-idols in power.
Agreed. Though I lost all faith some time ago, but every now and then something wonderful happens and I get a little bit back, before it vanishes just as quickly as it appeared.

Just because our technology improves over time, doesn't mean society will improve with it.

Nagadeath
10.27.2012 , 05:39 AM | #2647
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
you had hope for humanity?

i lost that years ago......

Tatile
10.27.2012 , 05:54 AM | #2648
Looking at the homophobic whargle-bargle (and I include the "I'm not homophobic, but" responses in that) makes me really glad that we could roll female characters at launch. I dread to think of what misogynistic hate would spill forth onto the forums if we were asking for the option to play as a woman - because we all know MMO players are men and playing as a character not of your sex is just another "freakish perversion".

I still like to think that education would enlighten people as to the fundamental equality of human beings, in spite of all evidence to the contrary. I'm cursed to be forever optimistic about our vile little species.

Biancaneri
10.27.2012 , 06:04 AM | #2649
"I'm not [prejudiced against X] but.." is the surest way to spot a bigot.

Ixum
10.27.2012 , 07:10 AM | #2650
oh those "x bug hasnt been fixed dont get ur hopes up" comment is just winner of internets. Like saying "well the cleaning lady missed a spot in the lobby... time to shut down the whole office"
The Male Eyecandy thread!

Game of Ixum @ TUMBLR

Toyboy | Splashy | Thrilldrill | Spray | Lustus | Zwallow | Virilo | Hotgun of Nano @ TOFN
Fappo Red Arcadia EU @ The Progenitor