Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The free month of subscription you got will cost you 150 Cartel Coins.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The free month of subscription you got will cost you 150 Cartel Coins.

Pax_Sanatio
10.26.2012 , 03:59 PM | #1
That's right.

If you were awarded with a free one month subscription earlier this year, you will not be given the 150 Cartel Coins for that month. Straight from the mouth of two BioWare / EA / SWTOR customer service representatives.

After speaking with two customer service representatives, I was informed that the month I was given for free did not count as a month I would be awarded Cartel Coins for because I did not pay for it.

Honestly, this upset me as I have been, and still am, a loyal paid subscriber to the game. I have paid for everyday since day one with a 6 month reoccurring subscription and my payments have been prompt.

So why am I now being told that a month I received for free, one that I did not ask for but appreciate, does no count toward the accumulation of Cartel Coins for being a loyal SWTOR player and subscriber?

This does not make sense to me.

I was wondering if someone from BioWare / EA could explain.

Thanks.

Pax

p.s. - I realize that this thread has the potential to devolve into a flame war against companies turning a profit on the products that they produce, but let's keep it above the belt for this one please. I'd really like to know the rational behind this. Thx again.

walterskinner
10.26.2012 , 04:01 PM | #2
This is the most self-entitled, ridiculous thing I have ever read on these forums. Why don't you invest that $15 you saved on your sub that month on some cartel coins?

Getting something for free and whining.. seriously some people...
Gunmetal, Undertow, Algernop, Fortysix-two
Vacant, Rosettastoned, Ænema, Threelibras
Prophecy of the Five

Darth_Rathus
10.26.2012 , 04:03 PM | #3
Entitlement issues... that's what's wrong.

Shane_Novus
10.26.2012 , 04:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by walterskinner View Post
This is the most self-entitled, ridiculous thing I have ever read on these forums.
Really?

walterskinner
10.26.2012 , 04:04 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Shane_Novus View Post
Really?
Yes, really, and that's saying a lot.

Well... maybe just this month.
Prophecy of the Five

LtGeneralGezlin
10.26.2012 , 04:04 PM | #6
Good god. Some people just want EVERYTHING... Did you pay for that free month? NO. So, you don't get any Cartel coins...
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

Pax_Sanatio
10.26.2012 , 04:05 PM | #7
This is the most self-entitled, ridiculous thing I have ever read on these forums. Why don't you invest that $15 you saved on your sub that month on some cartel coins?

I understand your perspective.

My point is that I was not , nor was anyone, told that this would be the case.

As I said, I appreciate the free month. And I will probably invest the $15 saved back into the game.

I just would have liked to have been told this officially and not have to go through customer service to find out.

DarthSylar
10.26.2012 , 04:06 PM | #8
So let me get this straight, You have been a subscriber since day 1, not because you wanted to rack up Cartel Coins, but because you wanted to play the game. And for playing the game, you were given a FREE month.

And now you are complaining that for the FREE month you were given, given just for playing the game, that you won't be given the FREE cartel coins, that you weren't expecting/wanting when you paid?

walterskinner
10.26.2012 , 04:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Pax_Sanatio View Post
I understand your perspective.

My point is that I was not , nor was anyone, told that this would be the case.

As I said, I appreciate the free month. And I will probably invest the $15 saved back into the game.

I just would have liked to have been told this officially and not have to go through customer service to find out.
I don't understand why you needed to be told you wouldn't be receiving coins for a month you DID NOT pay for.
Prophecy of the Five

Durasturan
10.26.2012 , 04:08 PM | #10

This is the most hyperbole I have ever read in a single post.