Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
10.26.2012 , 02:57 PM | #2611
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
Good to have you here, Fabiyun, welcome.

I'm sure it's possible to mod KOTOR and KOTOR 2 to allow SGRs. I've been playing those two games a lot recently and I have been thinking...
Maybe that's why Bioware aren't allowing mods in SWTOR? I know I'd use a third party mod to romance a couple of people...

Morghainla
10.26.2012 , 02:58 PM | #2612
sorry to be a little bit off-topic here...but I would like to be in a gay/lesbian guild...and I don't care which server or republic or Empire side...I would even make a new character...so far I am on the German server with characters on both sides...so if anyone will build a new Gay/lesbian guild please let me know, alright??

also back to topic...I usually drop by here once a week or so...and I am sad to hear that the mood has changed here about the same-sex thingie...I don't know why BW keeps ignoring us..and I still hope that there will be a same-sex realationsip here..I won't give up hope and also you shouldn't...please fight...

fabiyun
10.26.2012 , 03:00 PM | #2613
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
Good to have you here, Fabiyun, welcome.

I'm sure it's possible to mod KOTOR and KOTOR 2 to allow SGRs. I've been playing those two games a lot recently and I have been thinking...
Oh I'm sure it's been done. You know in these older games it doesn't even bother me so much. Moreover in KOTOR2 I always think the Miraluka is actually a drag queen. I feel quite comfortable romancing her. But it's 2012, and I've spend hundreds of hours in DA2. And am running the current Game of the Year (I'm sure you know which, the one where we can actually get married, like in RL Europe) for hours as well now. So expect TOR to top what's been done, not to regress. Sure 8bits games are totally retro and so, but really, I wouldn't subscribe to them.

I'm on the prog as well, my toon's Kasesri (Sorcerer lvl 18).
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

Tatile
10.26.2012 , 03:02 PM | #2614
Quote: Originally Posted by Morghainla View Post
sorry to be a little bit off-topic here...but I would like to be in a gay/lesbian guild...and I don't care which server or republic or Empire side...I would even make a new character...so far I am on the German server with characters on both sides...so if anyone will build a new Gay/lesbian guild please let me know, alright??

also back to topic...I usually drop by here once a week or so...and I am sad to hear that the mood has changed here about the same-sex thingie...I don't know why BW keeps ignoring us..and I still hope that there will be a same-sex realationsip here..I won't give up hope and also you shouldn't...please fight...
D'aww... you make me want to load my rainbow cannons with cupcakes again :3

When Free2Play drops next week (I expect it next week) I'll start pestering them again. Perhaps I should make a collection of rainbows and kittens? I *********** love kittens.

Spatology
10.26.2012 , 03:06 PM | #2615
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
Seriously, if I was a community manager I would have this huge urge to pull a Sam Kinison and start screaming "SAY IT!! SAY IT!!!". Of course I would shortly lose my job, but man it would feel good.

Talk to us. We have waited this long, we're not going to go all postal on you. Just give us a few simple answers to a few simple questions. You're not guarding the Queen's Jewels here, it is a bit of info on how SGRA will work. Time to break down that wall of silence.
Any news you get wont suffice. This is the sentiment i would take from the thousands of pages of post here. Clearly for some subscribers its an End all Be all issue (its a game, grow up). From a marketing stand point, they wouldnt be stringing along subscribers if they told you exactly what was really going on....

Eleuril
10.26.2012 , 03:06 PM | #2616
Quote: Originally Posted by fabiyun View Post
Oh I'm sure it's been done. You know in these older games it doesn't even bother me so much. Moreover in KOTOR2 I always think the Miraluka is actually a drag queen. I feel quite comfortable romancing her. But it's 2012, and I've spend hundreds of hours in DA2. And am running the current Game of the Year (I'm sure you know which, the one where we can actually get married, like in RL Europe) for hours as well now. So expect TOR to top what's been done, not to regress. Sure 8bits games are totally retro and so, but really, I wouldn't subscribe to them.

I'm on the prog as well, my toon's Kasesro (Sorcerer lvl 18).
I know it's been done for Bastila/female Revan. I'm trying to work out if I can tinker with the save files to allow it for male Revan somehow. Computer literate I am not, so it's a slow process and I couldn't properly mod it myself.

We know it's going to be in SWTOR at some point. It's the lack of information that's been driving us all mad. I really do hope it's not going to disappoint when it's implemented.

Uluain
10.26.2012 , 03:08 PM | #2617
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
/beginrant
I saw your thread on the Community Forum got locked down. What kind of game is EA playing? Seriously, EA needs to start talking, or let BioWare talk about it. One or the other. This is EA up to their old tricks again! SICK AND TIRED OF THEIR GARBAGE!
/endrant

Now I feel a bit better.
It got locked? I hadn't seen that yet. Thanks for the heads up.

Tatile
10.26.2012 , 03:11 PM | #2618
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
It got locked? I hadn't seen that yet. Thanks for the heads up.
I think Captain may be referring to the Question of The Day, not the one with Mr. Amatangelo. I wonder if Mr. Amatangelo is available for comment...

Uluain
10.26.2012 , 03:12 PM | #2619
Quote: Originally Posted by Morghainla View Post

You may want to ask about LGBT guilds in this thread on the Check-Ins subforum of Community. The only guild I know of personally is Taint (Imp) and Rough Trade (Rep). Personally, I am in a regular social guild where my orientation has never been an issue, but I think that's more common on RP servers.

Tatile
10.26.2012 , 03:18 PM | #2620
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
Any news you get wont suffice. This is the sentiment i would take from the thousands of pages of post here. Clearly for some subscribers its an End all Be all issue (its a game, grow up). From a marketing stand point, they wouldnt be stringing along subscribers if they told you exactly what was really going on....
They are milking us over this point, particularly when you consider that you can't access these forums if you aren't paying and these forums are pretty much the only way to get in contact with Bioware, although whether that's in a meaningful capacity is up for debate.

Any news would be insufficient? I suppose it depends on the news they provide, but acknowledgement would at least be nice. I get the feeling you're referring to individuals like myself, who have been quite vitriolic in the past. That's because I'm jaded against Bioware, not because the issue is so much of a game breaker for me. The game breaker is how Bioware treat their customers and that is not solely reserved for this topic. I don't appreciate their handling on the PTS (or PPS as it should be), how they seem to be so hesitant to admit bugs and faults, how they announced this new improved communication system which lasted all of six weeks, how when we complained about the quality of the Q&A they decided to destroy it completely. Hell, I don't even play PvP, but I can understand the anger and bewilderment at the new resolve system and how world PvP is not supported by the environment set-up itself.

No, same-sex content isn't the game breaker for me, but Bioware's attitude could be.