Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

stuffystuffs's Avatar


stuffystuffs
10.26.2012 , 11:36 AM | #2591
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I'd be happy as long as I got to watch.
Well, here's the thing...you don't get to watch as romance dialog can only be experienced by the person playing it (unless a vid is put on youtube) XD

The only way you would see any PC/companion romance interaction while chilling on the fleet is if someone would use emotes on their companion. But...players can do that already...with anyone (even Khem Val).

With those other things I mentioned (i.e., changing companion appearance), you can definitely see other players doing it with their companions all the time. Maybe while hanging out on the Republic fleet tonight I'll tally up all the slave girl outifts I see.

The whole 'immersion' issue just continues to baffle me.
Node guarder

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
10.26.2012 , 12:12 PM | #2592
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
Well, here's the thing...you don't get to watch as romance dialog can only be experienced by the person playing it (unless a vid is put on youtube) XD

The only way you would see any PC/companion romance interaction while chilling on the fleet is if someone would use emotes on their companion. But...players can do that already...with anyone (even Khem Val).

With those other things I mentioned (i.e., changing companion appearance), you can definitely see other players doing it with their companions all the time. Maybe while hanging out on the Republic fleet tonight I'll tally up all the slave girl outifts I see.

The whole 'immersion' issue just continues to baffle me.
I know. I was joking...ish. lol

Seriously, I just don't think about it. There are more than enough Kiras or Elaras to go around, as far as I'm concerned. lol
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
10.26.2012 , 12:39 PM | #2593
Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
Edit - glad I quoted myself as my original post in the Makeb thread has been culled - at least I apologised to the mods in advance hehe. See, if they just answered our questions, we wouldn't get grumpy and have to call out the idiots
Probably me, got myself a warning for making a pratt of myself, which is fair.

And... meh. I really have no idea what to do now in regards to pestering the various teams. It's proved pointless so far, so what's the point in continuing? *feeble flail and deflate*

Uluain's Avatar


Uluain
10.26.2012 , 12:58 PM | #2594
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
And... meh. I really have no idea what to do now in regards to pestering the various teams. It's proved pointless so far, so what's the point in continuing?
Revenge.

I see that the Makeb thread got culled. That's a shame, because while the post I lost did in fact quote a post that was quoting a CAPS LOCK troll, I think I made some sound points with it which would be useful in keeping things on track there. But that's how it goes.

Chaac's Avatar


Chaac
10.26.2012 , 01:06 PM | #2595
It's probably lucky for me that it got culled because I've had a nightmare afternoon (sibling using my phone for premium numbers totalling 200 - he is NOT getting an xmas present this year) and was fully in the mood to argue the point with someone regardless of infractions.

On topic - I've been trying to convince my partner to come back and play Tor since my guild all left a while back and it's lonely on Progenitor but he's adamant he's not returning until they've been added.
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."

Eleuril's Avatar


Eleuril
10.26.2012 , 01:22 PM | #2596
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaac View Post
It's probably lucky for me that it got culled because I've had a nightmare afternoon (sibling using my phone for premium numbers totalling 200 - he is NOT getting an xmas present this year) and was fully in the mood to argue the point with someone regardless of infractions.

On topic - I've been trying to convince my partner to come back and play Tor since my guild all left a while back and it's lonely on Progenitor but he's adamant he's not returning until they've been added.
If you're looking for someone to play with on The Progenitor, my guild's gone quiet too. Quieter now I'm not playing as much. As far as I know, there aren't any specific guilds for LGBT people and allies on that server. They seem to all be on the U.S. servers. I'll help set one up if people are interested.

I'm trying to convince my partner to start playing. F2P might draw him in. We'll see.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
10.26.2012 , 01:39 PM | #2597
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
If you're looking for someone to play with on The Progenitor, my guild's gone quiet too. Quieter now I'm not playing as much. As far as I know, there aren't any specific guilds for LGBT people and allies on that server. They seem to all be on the U.S. servers. I'll help set one up if people are interested.

I'm trying to convince my partner to start playing. F2P might draw him in. We'll see.
Oh my god? You're on The Progenitor? I'm on The Progenitor as well! Empire?

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
10.26.2012 , 01:40 PM | #2598
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Revenge.

I see that the Makeb thread got culled. That's a shame, because while the post I lost did in fact quote a post that was quoting a CAPS LOCK troll, I think I made some sound points with it which would be useful in keeping things on track there. But that's how it goes.
I was doing a terrible job of trying to have a polite discussion, let my personal feelings get in the way. I don't mind talking with people who don't want the feature implemented, but they always pull the "homosexuality is wrong" or some equivalent whargle bargle.

Eleuril's Avatar


Eleuril
10.26.2012 , 01:52 PM | #2599
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Oh my god? You're on The Progenitor? I'm on The Progenitor as well! Empire?
Yes! I have Republic alts but I'm mostly Empire.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I was doing a terrible job of trying to have a polite discussion, let my personal feelings get in the way. I don't mind talking with people who don't want the feature implemented, but they always pull the "homosexuality is wrong" or some equivalent whargle bargle.
This is why I tend not to engage people who are like that. It's very unlikely someone who says that sort of thing is going to see your point of view and enter into a meaningful discussion of the issue. They are convinced it's "wrong" and nothing you can say will change that.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
10.26.2012 , 02:00 PM | #2600
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
Yes! I have Republic alts but I'm mostly Empire.



This is why I tend not to engage people who are like that. It's very unlikely someone who says that sort of thing is going to see your point of view and enter into a meaningful discussion of the issue. They are convinced it's "wrong" and nothing you can say will change that.
It's not really that I imagine I can change their opinion, but I really cannot fathom their reasoning. To me it's obvious why you'd have same-sex content in a game, I put it on par with having the option to play non-whites and women*, it's a matter of allowing choice. People say that it's some sort of "agenda", that it's all politics, but really it's more political to deliberately not allow player choice in a video game. There's a certain amount of airey-fairy-ness if people genuinely believe that the entertainment industry exists in a vacuum from the rest of the world - which is really how it seems some people are, when they call out for not having inclusion in their video games.

I'm reminded of something I saw on tumblr: This money has been handled by gay people, if that distresses you, please give the money away.

*I really have homophobia so tied up in my brain, I cannot separate it from racism and misogyny. I... really! honestly, I can't... they seem intrinsically linked somehow... you're discriminating against a person for an arbitrary reason... *shrugs*

P.S. I am the sexy male Agent in the Vendetta top and white boots :3