Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need Help On Dirty Fighting Build/Gears for end Raid PVE!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler > Gunslinger
Need Help On Dirty Fighting Build/Gears for end Raid PVE!!

Tethyr
10.22.2012 , 10:11 AM | #1
Very new to game, and just got my Slinger to 50. Guild is about to start raiding Hardmodes and i'm one of the core dps raider. Problem is dont know much bout slingers to even to contribute to dps. I m really liking Dirty fighting over SS since I've lvled on it. Please , pointers on dirty fighting build and its rotation and stats that I'm shooting for etc...accuracy, crits. Thank You Slingers community!

Junostorm
10.22.2012 , 11:33 AM | #2
This is the spec I use 2/8/31

This is my rotation

0. Flourish Shot (use at start or every 3rd rotation)
1. Vital Shot
2. Shrap Bomb
3. Hemorrhaging Blast
4. Illegal Mods (if off CD)
5. Wounding Shots
6. Speed Shot
7. Aimed Shot (XS Freighter Flyby if off CD)
8. Wounding Shots
9a. Flurry of Bolts (if energy below 90% otherswide do 9b)
9b. Sabotage Charge (if off CD) (Quickdraw when below 30% HP)
10. Flurry of Bolts (as required until energy is +95%)

Get your Tech Crit percentage to roughly 36-38%. Accuracy Rating between 250-300 and Surge Rating +260. Provided you have maxed out your all companion affection.

Use Skill armour where possible, use Artful (Cun/Pwr/End) or Keen (Cun/Crit/End) Mods and for Enhancements use Battle (Sur/Crit/End), Adept (Sur/Pwr/End), Initiative (Acc/Pwr/End) & Acute (Acc/Crit/End). Mix and match until you have the desired results. Use Cunning Augments and PvP power relics.

Balance your stats via your Armor/Weapons based on what Earpiece/Implants you have.
Jun÷ - Gunslinger | Armoury - Vanguard | Jun˘ - Sentinel
The Stormtooth Legecy
New and improved, now with even more threat!
Total Aggression Gaming - Republic - The Shadowlands server

Tethyr
10.22.2012 , 06:29 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Junostorm View Post
This is the spec I use 2/8/31

This is my rotation

0. Flourish Shot (use at start or every 3rd rotation)
1. Vital Shot
2. Shrap Bomb
3. Hemorrhaging Blast
4. Illegal Mods (if off CD)
5. Wounding Shots
6. Speed Shot
7. Aimed Shot (XS Freighter Flyby if off CD)
8. Wounding Shots
9a. Flurry of Bolts (if energy below 90% otherswide do 9b)
9b. Sabotage Charge (if off CD) (Quickdraw when below 30% HP)
10. Flurry of Bolts (as required until energy is +95%)

Get your Tech Crit percentage to roughly 36-38%. Accuracy Rating between 250-300 and Surge Rating +260. Provided you have maxed out your all companion affection.

Use Skill armour where possible, use Artful (Cun/Pwr/End) or Keen (Cun/Crit/End) Mods and for Enhancements use Battle (Sur/Crit/End), Adept (Sur/Pwr/End), Initiative (Acc/Pwr/End) & Acute (Acc/Crit/End). Mix and match until you have the desired results. Use Cunning Augments and PvP power relics.

Balance your stats via your Armor/Weapons based on what Earpiece/Implants you have.
Thank you for the very rapid respond to this question, greatly appreciate. Will do sir!

ThomasCool
10.26.2012 , 10:43 AM | #4
i would put hemo blast before sharp bomb to allow the initial tick of it to benefit also (i think it does anyway)

manicPsyche
11.23.2012 , 02:02 AM | #5
Use Cunning Augments and PvP power relics.
Are the PvP power relics better than any PvE power relic?
Sethnak - Sethnna - Sethniss
Signature Creator

Ziggymaster
11.23.2012 , 06:13 AM | #6
There seems to be consensus that the new Dread Guard relics are better than the PVP relics.

Vegabond
11.29.2012 , 11:51 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ziggymaster View Post
There seems to be consensus that the new Dread Guard relics are better than the PVP relics.
Noticed that too, Clicky relic/internal combo

Junostorm
12.03.2012 , 12:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasCool View Post
i would put hemo blast before sharp bomb to allow the initial tick of it to benefit also (i think it does anyway)
It is better after, as the proc effect from Wounding Shots benefits from Hemo Blast.
Jun÷ - Gunslinger | Armoury - Vanguard | Jun˘ - Sentinel
The Stormtooth Legecy
New and improved, now with even more threat!
Total Aggression Gaming - Republic - The Shadowlands server

Lightning_
12.04.2012 , 01:44 AM | #9
It is better after, as the proc effect from Wounding Shots benefits from Hemo Blast.
True, because of that the position of Hemo in the rotation is not that important - it'll be eaten up anyway before the rotation repeats.

I actually use Shrap -> Vital -> Hemo sequence in order to somewhat equalize 21-sec Shrap with 18-sec Vital and make them finish closer to each other.

Pteran
12.05.2012 , 10:57 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightning_ View Post
True, because of that the position of Hemo in the rotation is not that important - it'll be eaten up anyway before the rotation repeats.

I actually use Shrap -> Vital -> Hemo sequence in order to somewhat equalize 21-sec Shrap with 18-sec Vital and make them finish closer to each other.
I use that exact same order on my Sniper. Like you said it lets the DoT's finish closer together. Plus, since you use Hemo/WB after, and it costs no energy, it gives you a second of energy regen.
Sýmohayha - Lethality Sniper
<Anthology> - The Shadowlands
Noli fovere canem ardentum