Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deception Stat priority and talent concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Deception Stat priority and talent concerns

nosmos
10.24.2012 , 10:48 PM | #1
Ok...I find a great lack of information regarding deception - most likely because people stopped playing it for the longest time.

I am having a difficult time trying to stack a lot of power, as i do on my marauder - without having less then 100/110 accuracy and around 31 percent crit.
The issue is, we have no talent to increase crit / willpower or accuracy like every other class.

Since 2 of our main attacks are white damage and the other two are force - using a low accuracy seems like a bold choice. Don't want maul missing on boss fights.

I have found that, in trying to get 1000 or more force damage with a surge of 75 or more - i have to loose accuracy and crit...teh hell to do?
55 Assassin - 55 Sorc - 55 Jug - 55 Marauder - 55 Sniper
55 Operative - 55 merc - 55 Powertech

Xethis
10.25.2012 , 01:35 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by nosmos View Post
Ok...I find a great lack of information regarding deception - most likely because people stopped playing it for the longest time.

I am having a difficult time trying to stack a lot of power, as i do on my marauder - without having less then 100/110 accuracy and around 31 percent crit.
The issue is, we have no talent to increase crit / willpower or accuracy like every other class.

Since 2 of our main attacks are white damage and the other two are force - using a low accuracy seems like a bold choice. Don't want maul missing on boss fights.

I have found that, in trying to get 1000 or more force damage with a surge of 75 or more - i have to loose accuracy and crit...teh hell to do?
I dont think its that big of a deal if your Maul misses, because your Exploit Weakness proc will remain active so you only lose a global. As far as some of the Assassins that I have talked to that can get more dps from Deception than Madness all say that increasing crit is the key. Not exactly sure what to shoot for but I would start dropping some Power for Willpower and dropping Accuracy for more crit. Just dont get too crazy. Im sure that a 1% loss of Accuracy is more than made up for by 1% of crit.

nosmos
10.25.2012 , 08:42 AM | #3
Right now my stats in PVE for dps deception sit at:
FORCE
Bonus Damage: 980.1
Accuracy: 108.31
Critical Chance: 33.79
Critical Multiplier: 77.36

Melee
Damage: 1087-1289
Bonus Damage: 682.8
Accuracy: 98.35
Critical Chance: 34.64
Critical Multiplier: 77.36

I could gain some more power - but I would loose more crit or accuracy or surge. I have been using my sin deception in raiding now (switched from my mara) and I can keep up with our mara and pt's etc, some fights im on top because of the burst. Longer boss fights im usually within a percent or two. The thing that drives me absolutely nuts is the spiky damage. I can go a few discharges before i see a big number, same with shock and maul.

Other guild mates, have around 1100 bonus damage with around 40 crit chance...why? Because they have talents to boost crit. The deception tree needs this - or put it in the madness tree as a first tier skill

EDIT:

Also, my health is at 20862
and willpower = 2063

Nauvi
10.26.2012 , 10:01 AM | #4
the stats are from which tier ?!

nosmos
10.26.2012 , 10:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nauvi View Post
the stats are from which tier ?!
Not too sure what you mean - but I think adding an increased crit percent to the entropic field talent would be nice. That or, like veng jugs and carnage marauders - give us a combo that makes discharge or maul automatically crit

Nauvi
10.27.2012 , 02:49 AM | #6
Hey, what type of gear, or which parts of it (itemlevel), weapon, etc. Sorry for my bad english, but in the german forum is nothing to get

nosmos
10.27.2012 , 06:48 AM | #7
Oh, I have black hole / campaign with a 63 hilt and 63 armor mod for my belt / bracers (+72 willpower ones)

Nauvi
10.27.2012 , 06:51 AM | #8
oh okay, that explain the stats...

CS or armorpen build ?!

nosmos
10.27.2012 , 06:56 AM | #9
For PVP I usually rock the Chainshock, since the extra shock can usually down someone running away from me after I burst them down to 15 health in 7 seconds - for PVE i usually do the 7/31/3 build. In TFB hardmode, I can usually keep up with our marauders and pt's, within a few percent and sometimes on top - but the damage is so spiky since maul / discharge may not even crit in a rotation or two - and since we have no combo to make something automatically crit (like Carnage's force scream / juggs etc) or no talent to increase willpower, crit chance or acc - its hard to get that crit chance up there while maintaining lots of power.

Very frustrating! Played on my sniper for a bit last night, all three trees in the first talent or 2nd talent area have - Increased accuracy talent, increased Cunning Talent, Increased Critical Chance talent!

Nauvi
10.27.2012 , 06:57 AM | #10
so for PvE what rotation do you use ?!