Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bugged area quest on ToFN

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Redron
10.25.2012 , 07:55 PM | #1
"Asset Liquidation" in Black Hole is bugged. Yes , it's that one which needed to complete weekly for BH comms.
Faced that on fresh 50 alt, wrote a ticket thinking it's something with my character but no , other player reported same in chat & I just logged my main who does that quest at least once a week since Black Hole was added in game to see what happens.
Same crap happens - you're getting red message on screen & in chat that "you discovered Asset blah-blah" but there isn't usual droid with holo updating quest & nothing adds in your questlog.
Fix it.

P.S. Oh & btw, get someone to at least ANSWER let alone do something on ticket #6635045, it's being open for almost 10 days already. I suspect that my sub will end by the time you'll answer though since it took you 3 days to just close another one about stuck character which I updated myself stating that I do not need help anymore. Seriously , if that was my only char & I couldn't unstuck it myself - you'd refund me 3 subscription days or what?
Murderiser with flaming soul

Redron
10.25.2012 , 10:31 PM | #2
bump.

Tirvaak
10.26.2012 , 01:42 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Redron,

This is the first report we have had regarding any problems with this mission today, but thank you for pointing out a possible issue to us. What step of this quest are you on at the moment? Could you outline the details of what you have done already leading up to this point while you were completing the dailies and weekly(from when you arrived at the black hole up until this issue occurred, brief details will be OK)?

As a test measure, just to make sure it is not relating to the an issue with the installation, I'd like you to run the repair through the launcher. Exit the game and open the launcher again. Login as normal but do not press play. When the play button appears click on the cogwheel in the left corner of the launcher and select repair.

Once the repair has completed, click play and see if the problem has been resolved.

In relation to your ticket, I'm sorry that you have not received a response as of yet, this has been due to a high influx of tickets lately, which unfortunately has caused some delays. An agent will contact you about this as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Redron
10.26.2012 , 04:24 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi Redron,

This is the first report we have had regarding any problems with this mission today, but thank you for pointing out a possible issue to us. What step of this quest are you on at the moment? Could you outline the details of what you have done already leading up to this point while you were completing the dailies and weekly(from when you arrived at the black hole up until this issue occurred, brief details will be OK)?

As a test measure, just to make sure it is not relating to the an issue with the installation, I'd like you to run the repair through the launcher. Exit the game and open the launcher again. Login as normal but do not press play. When the play button appears click on the cogwheel in the left corner of the launcher and select repair.

Once the repair has completed, click play and see if the problem has been resolved.

In relation to your ticket, I'm sorry that you have not received a response as of yet, this has been due to a high influx of tickets lately, which unfortunately has caused some delays. An agent will contact you about this as soon as possible.

Thanks.
Repair didn't help. Both characters still unable to get it. I'm not on any step of this quest since I said already - I can't take it at all.
There's nothing to outline, 1 char received "Travel to Black Hole" quest on fleet this morning, got there , handed it in - all quests including weekly from mission terminal available for him, including H4 "End of Thorvix" from NPC also. Went outside, approached position where said area quest should trigger - got red line on screen, repeat in chat - as should be exept for 1 thing - nothing happens next. Nothing adds to questlog & no usual ball-droid with updating holo. Did few dailies, tried to approach quest trigger point few more times - same result, message about discovery & that's all. Wrote ticket.
Logged out. Logged in my main who literally did this quest yesterday along with other dailies in Black Hole. Travelled to Black Hole, turned left from shuttle straight to trigger point. Same message, no quest. Red in chat message from someone who asked is this quest bugged. He's got same problems with it. Drank a cup of coffee, smoke a cig. Relogged to try to get bloody quest once more. No result. Did some swearing about BW , developers, their hands & brains. Created this tread.
Anything else?

Ah yes , an update. I'm standing right there on my main (still can't get quest) - just saw a guy who had that precious ball droid with holo next to him - he's got quest update & obviously , he took it in properly in first place.
Seems that not all characters being affected, could be related with WZ bug when people being kicked from guilds & sometimes unble to take\hand in quests at all. Both mine experienced "soloing Novare Coast" - it could be the case.

P.S. High ticket load? Delays? Lately?
Guys , you're singing same old song since early access, nothing changes. Every time someone screams "Why the **** noone answered on my ticket, it's been 15 days already?! (20, 30, insert your favourite number here)" you're telling that LATELY there was very high amount of tickets & you're very busy. Lol...
There was how many , about 1,8 mil subscribers back then?
I won't ask you how the hell Blizzard manages to offer normal CS for their what , 9, 10 million?
I'll ask you how the hell you continue to tell us about high load & delays when TOR lost about 800 THOUSANDS customers already & you still can't manage to offer support within reasonable times. Kinda half of playerbase if not more but you expecting us to believe that ticket numbers not changed? Not to mention ingame support. The very first & last time when I had "conversation" via live agent chat contained whole 1 phrase from CSR:
"Hello, I am protocol droid XX-YZY (I forgot already ofcourse), do you have time to talk about your ticket?"
Me - "Hello , yes I do"
System message:
"Chat session was closed due to inactivity".

This is EPIC customer support , really

Ipalon
10.26.2012 , 04:35 AM | #5
I have the same problem with this mission on ToFN.

Use the legacy pass to travelled to BH. Picked up the missions from inside the outpost. Went outside to the usual spot to activate the mission and got the Red text saying Discovered "Asset Liquidation" also the same message in chat but then nothing. No update in mission log. Every time I went pass the area same thing happened again.

Have reloged. No fix.
Have quit the game, run the launcher and seleceted repair. No fix.

Tirvaak
10.26.2012 , 05:14 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Redron,

First off I thought I should address your comments regarding the delays. Yes, I won't deny that we have said it has been busy for a while, we say this because it is true. I can say from first hand experience that it is has been nothing but busy for our Customer Support team for an extended period of time, but we are doing what we can to get through every help request as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry that you are not happy with this but I cannot change the situation only reassure you that we are doing what we can.

Now back to the issue at hand, thank you for providing the extra detail, it does sound as if the issue you are encountering now could be related but the best way to find out is to see if another player has had the problem with the warzones too.

@Ipalon could you maybe answer this question? ? Have you encountered an issue that has put you into a warzone with out any other players prior to attempting the black hole dailies?

Thanks.

MarSXXX
10.26.2012 , 05:32 AM | #7
Hi,
I have the same problem.

You have discovered "Asset Liquidation" but I dont get the quest
And I haven't played warzones some time

Edit: I got the quest after 10 min and many attempts later

Ipalon
10.27.2012 , 01:37 AM | #8
Nope I don't pvp with this char.

However I have just found that if you go to the Northwest area of the shuttle pad where the bench is it does make the quest appear
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Armand 55 Marauder, Grendall 55 Powertech, Martea 55 Juggernaut, Bryant 55 Sorcerer, Alfonz 52 Operative
Jawhol 55 Gunslinger

Tirvaak
10.27.2012 , 01:45 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Ipalon and MarSXXX,

Thank you for letting me know that you were both able to pick up that quest. It is a very strange one, I'm not entirely sure why this happened. I'd like to know if this becomes a problem for you guys again today. When the daily reset kicks in, could you both go to the black hole and try the quest again, first by just walking into the area to see if it pops automatically as it should.

If it doesn't pop automatically then try the step that resolved this problem for both of you and then post back here to let me know.

Thanks.

Lord_Karsk
10.27.2012 , 02:06 AM | #10
Me too could not pick up the area quest yesterday on NADD server imp side.
Just says you discobvered then nothing.