Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Uluain
10.25.2012 , 10:58 AM | #2541
Our info on Makeb is disappointingly vague whether the level cap will be raised, what story continuation there will mean, etc. I saw that leak, and while it points to a Chapter 4 in the future, there's no sure indication that Makeb will begin it, or when it will happen. Assets are often added to games long in advance of their coming into use.

I am glad that story is being continued. I am deeply annoyed that they won't tell us anything useful, but just tell us to keep asking. I am not all that sure I care to keep playing, things being as they are.

Rayla_Felana
10.25.2012 , 11:00 AM | #2542
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Our info on Makeb is disappointingly vague whether the level cap will be raised, what story continuation there will mean, etc. I saw that leak, and while it points to a Chapter 4 in the future, there's no sure indication that Makeb will begin it, or when it will happen. Assets are often added to games long in advance of their coming into use.

I am glad that story is being continued. I am deeply annoyed that they won't tell us anything useful, but just tell us to keep asking. I am not all that sure I care to keep playing, things being as they are.
Chapter 4 may have nothing to do with makeb whatsoever.

Uluain
10.25.2012 , 11:15 AM | #2543
And Makeb may have nothing to do with SGRs.

Chapter 4 may have nothing to do with SGRs.

We don't know because they won't *********** tell us.

The censored bit is a word that starts with F and rhymes with "trucking" FWIW.

Rayla_Felana
10.25.2012 , 11:29 AM | #2544
And Makeb may have nothing to do with SGRs.

Chapter 4 may have nothing to do with SGRs.

We don't know because they won't *********** tell us.

The censored bit is a word that starts with F and rhymes with "trucking" FWIW.
Oh I know that, I am just thinking along the lines of, if Chapter 4 and Makeb are two different story packs, we have a much better chance at seeing SGRs soon.

stuffystuffs
10.25.2012 , 11:31 AM | #2545
Then there's the issue of when the content will be added (pre lvl 50 or with the new stuff?)

If it's post-50, it better be awesome and worth the wait.

Uluain
10.25.2012 , 11:33 AM | #2546
If it's added a year after the equivalent OGR content, it had better be awesome and worth the wait.

stuffystuffs
10.25.2012 , 11:44 AM | #2547
Now I'm wondering what my (and others) criteria for 'awesome' would be?

I haven't played the OGRA's, but I would expect that they'd at be at least on par with those.

Then I wonder if the added companions are ones I'm not interested in (or ones that most of the community don't seem interested in) does that disqualify them from 'awesome'?

Uluain
10.25.2012 , 12:02 PM | #2548
At this point, not having told us that current companions will not be available as same-gender romantic interests, I'd consider it well short of awesome if none were available.

Also in the not-awesome category would be limited options by gender, faction or class (e.g. male-male relationships available to Bounty Hunters and Troopers, female-female to Sith Warriors and Smugglers).

Not-awesome would be having to progress to Lvl 50 before any same-gender content is available.

Not-awesome would be not having access to SGR on any companion whose story you have progressed past the point where the OGR conversation hook appears.

Not-awesome will be anyone who has been waiting, and patiently requesting clarification here, finding that the companion their heart was set on is not an option, after being allowed to wonder and hope all this time when the designers have known for a year or more which would be available.

Pay-2-Gay? Not-awesome.

Awesome would be care taken to assure that same-gender content isn't missed out on because you aren't level 50, because you are level 50, or because you have already maxed affection and finished existing story for a companion, or because you are the wrong gender for your class, or that M/M romance isn't sparsely supported in comparison with F/F.

Given the basic constraints in which the design team is working having preset notions of which companions, who have to be scripted, voiced and animated it is uncertain how much our feedback could or can influence the outcome. That would seem to me to be a pretty good reason to let us know what to expect, or not expect, in advance at least in regards to those things least amenable to change.

stuffystuffs
10.25.2012 , 02:13 PM | #2549
I agree with all your points.

Given the basic constraints in which the design team is working having preset notions of which companions, who have to be scripted, voiced and animated it is uncertain how much our feedback could or can influence the outcome. That would seem to me to be a pretty good reason to let us know what to expect, or not expect, in advance at least in regards to those things least amenable to change.
Yeah, it kind of sucks that they apparently know these things but we are allowed to sit here and hope that it will be handled like 'X, Y, or Z' or that certain companions might be available, etc.

My emotions, they toy with them.

Uluain
10.25.2012 , 02:25 PM | #2550
What has really ticked me off recently is that we are so cordially invited by Community Support to continue to ask our questions here.

In the thread where, over the past ten months, more than seventy-five hundred posts, more than half a million views, we still have received no information, ever.

But do please feel free to ask!