Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

Rayla_Felana
10.25.2012 , 12:35 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Emperor-Norton View Post
Aren't Twi'leks only able to have Children with other Twi'leks?
That used to be correct, but has been retconned by TCW IIRC.

Emperor-Norton
10.25.2012 , 12:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Ah, thanks for the info. And I have yet another reason to hate TCW.

Temeluchus
10.25.2012 , 12:44 PM | #13
Aren't Twi'leks only able to have Children with other Twi'leks?

Also, here is something to consider about a Pureblood Inquisitor: they were a late addition to the game. Originally (aka a few months before launch), if you wanted to be a Pureblood you had to be a Sith Warrior. It was because all Purebloods are Force-Sensitive (those that aren't get killed as infants), and they are part of the Aristocracy. So the "Slave Discovered to be Force-Sensitive Narrative" Inquisitor backstory didn't fit with Pureblood's. It was only after a large fan outcry (on the Pre-Release SWTOR.com there were polls with thousands upon thousands of votes with around 75% of people in favor or Pureblood Inquisitors). And more importantly, a good number of Bioware Devs were in favor of allowing Pureblood Inquisitors. As a result, they were added a few months before release.
All Purebloods aren't Force Sensitive, there is at least one on Voss and probably more out there.

To the others, Purebloods aren't more respected than Humans, just more than the other species. Actual Purebloods are slowly being bred out, so pure genetic lineage is considered more important than a hybrid one.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

OldVengeance
10.25.2012 , 12:48 PM | #14
You run into several non force sensitive Purebloods over the course of the game. They are said to be rare though.

Emperor-Norton
10.25.2012 , 01:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
All Purebloods aren't Force Sensitive, there is at least one on Voss and probably more out there.

To the others, Purebloods aren't more respected than Humans, just more than the other species. Actual Purebloods are slowly being bred out, so pure genetic lineage is considered more important than a hybrid one.
Don't forget Sechel. When it comes to Sith and Force-Sensitivity, that was more of Bioware's line at the time, than the current situation in the lore. The point is that Non-Force Sensitive Pureblood's are stll rare and it still doesn't really fit the backstory as well as the other species.

Considering what he see on Korriban for the Sith Warrior (specifically the Assistant Overseer who directs you to your class trainer); there still seems to be a Higher Status for Pureblood's, or their traits of Purebloods are just highly desired. Also, isn't the reason for Sith lineage being more highly prized because it increases the chance of having Pureblood offspring?

Onto the original question, I think the most fitting Species are Human/Zabrak/Rattataki in order of "fitting".

Temeluchus
10.25.2012 , 01:44 PM | #16
Don't forget Sechel. When it comes to Sith and Force-Sensitivity, that was more of Bioware's line at the time, than the current situation in the lore. The point is that Non-Force Sensitive Pureblood's are stll rare and it still doesn't really fit the backstory as well as the other races.

Considering what he see on Korriban for the Sith Warrior (specifically the Assistant Overseer who directs you to your class trainer); there still seems to be a Higher Status for Pureblood's, or their traits of Purebloods are just highly desired. Also, isn't the reason for Sith lineage being more highly prized because it increases the chance of having Pureblood offspring?

Onto the original question, I like to think that the lore version of the Inquisitor is a Human. We do see many Human Slaves in the Empire after all.
I always viewed it as the actual Purebloods are haughty a-holes who believe themselves to be genetically superior to anyone,including humans and hybrids, due to their increasing rarity; but that a "Purebloods are the apex of Sith" is not a systemic attitude in the Empire. If that were the case I doubt they would have human DC members.

As for the original question, I would exclude Purebloods as they are not a slave species;and from a personal view I would exclude Humans(despite some of them being slaves, they are one of the "elite" of the Sith) and Twi'lek due to the lack of lekku on your ancestor. The other species fit well, because they are viewed as slave species by the ruling elite. My Sin and Sorc are both Chiss, because I like the Chiss and they fall into the non-elite and outsider status that fits perfectly with the overall SI rise to power.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Path-x
10.25.2012 , 01:52 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I don't think those were his kids. The clone just adopted them. That was about 1.5 years into the clone wars and even if he deserted at the very beginning it would take some time for them to be born (assuming 9 months) and those kids were at least 3 years old.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Jenzali
10.25.2012 , 02:01 PM | #18
Pureblood doesn't make sense in the Inquisitor storyline because:

a) The unknown "Force-sensitive slave" background
b) Ffon is given special treatment by Overseer Harkun because he is a Pureblood, so it wouldn't make sense if you were one too and given poor treatment
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

ghostleaderjo
10.25.2012 , 02:03 PM | #19
Miraluka

SNCommand
10.25.2012 , 03:35 PM | #20
I've been running around as a Chiss Sorcerer and love it, not the most logical one though
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.