Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware can you explain to me why...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware can you explain to me why...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rolander
10.25.2012 , 12:16 PM | #191
20K health full WH with best in spot and I am getting hit for 6-6.5K consistently, couple this with the fact that it is FOTM so I have more that 1 smasher on me, and because of that I cant move due to the root and I am dead in 1 GCD

fix this

how bout a lockout debuff on the root???

I also love that they are complaining that apparently smash is broken and not working...

OldRepublicRevan
10.25.2012 , 12:29 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolander View Post
20K health full WH with best in spot and I am getting hit for 6-6.5K consistently, couple this with the fact that it is FOTM so I have more that 1 smasher on me, and because of that I cant move due to the root and I am dead in 1 GCD

fix this

I also love that they are complaining that apparently smash is broken and not working...
I wish I could 6k smash whatever BW employee decided that giving a melee class a 6k smash in pvp was a good idea.

warultima
10.25.2012 , 12:35 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolander View Post

fix this

I have been hit by smash for 6.2k on my sorc with 1390 expertise and 18900hp.
Oh yea 1390 expertise is currently the highest possible ever obtainable in game... So 6.2k against 1390 expertise eh... RIGHTTTTTT.

Oh and before baddies come in and try to play that "get that 30% -AoE damage talent" noobcrap. News flash to bads, sorcs DONT HAVE IT. Yes this means even if I had 100 talent points to spend there's still no talent I can pick up to give me that 30% AoE reduction that all fotm has.

Ironically guess what, Operative also do not have AoE reduction talent. Let me rephrase that, operative is the one and only melee class in this game that does not have access to such talent.

Apparently people dont pvp enough to run rWZ with premades of 3 coordinating smashers maybe most servers have terribad PvP? And currently the only thing thats slowing these derpasmasher down is the chain sorc stun bubble.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

CBRGhostRider
10.25.2012 , 12:53 PM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
Ironically guess what, Operative also do not have AoE reduction talent. Let me rephrase that, operative is the one and only melee class in this game that does not have access to such talent.
Not quite true. Very ironically, juggs themselves also do not get a 30% AoE damage reduction talent in any tree, despite being a melee class. It bothers me as a jugg tank, since I take 100+50% AoE smash damage. Really, nothing troubles a healer+tank combo more than lolsmashers.
Spoiler

warultima
10.25.2012 , 01:28 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by CBRGhostRider View Post
Not quite true. Very ironically, juggs themselves also do not get a 30% AoE damage reduction talent in any tree, despite being a melee class. It bothers me as a jugg tank, since I take 100+50% AoE smash damage. Really, nothing troubles a healer+tank combo more than lolsmashers.
Well I factored in your multiple defensive CDs. You have saber ward for 25% and another for 40%. Operative has no straight mitigation CD, shield probe absorb for 2.5k damage once every 45 second, evasion doesnt do crap against lolsmash neither.

But yea I guess you are right Jugs dont have a talent for the 30% AoE reduction I am sorry about that.

We had some very annoying rWZ games vs the 3 smasher premade that consist of 1 Guardian and 2 Sent. Our operative healer + Juggernaut tank plus and the 2 peel dps got literally insta-wiped by the triple smash in about 3 GCD.

We had to get our soec healer to go bubble stun hybrid/heal spec and chain stun like crazy to counter their lolchainlolsmashaoe6kto5peoplelol tactics.

Rolander
10.25.2012 , 02:28 PM | #196
I have been hit by smash for 6.2k on my sorc with 1390 expertise and 18900hp.
Oh yea 1390 expertise is currently the highest possible ever obtainable in game... So 6.2k against 1390 expertise eh... RIGHTTTTTT.

Oh and before baddies come in and try to play that "get that 30% -AoE damage talent" noobcrap. News flash to bads, sorcs DONT HAVE IT. Yes this means even if I had 100 talent points to spend there's still no talent I can pick up to give me that 30% AoE reduction that all fotm has.

Apparently people dont pvp enough to run rWZ with premades of 3 coordinating smashers maybe most servers have terribad PvP? And currently the only thing thats slowing these derpasmasher down is the chain sorc stun bubble.
and they are the ones calling for the nerf of the bubbles...

DarthRaika
10.25.2012 , 06:40 PM | #197
old smash was super easy to evade and it took practice to land it on the most ppl possible most of the time. Now it is easymode and gear is the main divider between smashers (well besides ph of course). I miss when the smash spec was a little more challenging and when missing a smash was a big hit to your burst dmg (it isn't anymore since you'll have another one really soon).

warultima
10.25.2012 , 07:08 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
old smash was super easy to evade and it took practice to land it on the most ppl possible most of the time. Now it is easymode and gear is the main divider between smashers (well besides ph of course). I miss when the smash spec was a little more challenging and when missing a smash was a big hit to your burst dmg (it isn't anymore since you'll have another one really soon).
I have a "not so great" guildie and he could never get Anni and Carnage right because hes really isnt the most skilled player in the world. Great guy just need some more practice on his marauder, never seem him breaking 500k total damage since release when I got him into my guild. Told him to give rage a spin and linked him to Marauder forum and he copied the spec... BOOM 820k and topped meter in a full length WZ (he was the only smasher tho other team had 3 healers and crap dps).

I guess it might be BW's attempt to give the "casual players" a really really powerful spec that requires next to none player skill so casual can just enjoy the joy of victory?

WaywardOne
10.25.2012 , 07:31 PM | #199
I have a "not so great" guildie and he could never get Anni and Carnage right because hes really isnt the most skilled player in the world. Great guy just need some more practice on his marauder, never seem him breaking 500k total damage since release when I got him into my guild. Told him to give rage a spin and linked him to Marauder forum and he copied the spec... BOOM 820k and topped meter in a full length WZ (he was the only smasher tho other team had 3 healers and crap dps).

I guess it might be BW's attempt to give the "casual players" a really really powerful spec that requires next to none player skill so casual can just enjoy the joy of victory?
I saw Reggie Jackson steal a base once. And for every sentinel that comes out of the woodwork doing 820k damage (which I haven't seen once in any non-rated games on JM or POT5), I can show you hundreds of screenshots where the rage/focus mara/sent is outdamaged by other classes. There's maybe 4 awesome sent/maras on JM right now; they usually top damage/kills but they have never beat the next best dps by hundreds of thousands of damage. And the other classes have their great players too.

Larry_Dallas
10.25.2012 , 09:30 PM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by WaywardOne View Post
I saw Reggie Jackson steal a base once. And for every sentinel that comes out of the woodwork doing 820k damage (which I haven't seen once in any non-rated games on JM or POT5), I can show you hundreds of screenshots where the rage/focus mara/sent is outdamaged by other classes. There's maybe 4 awesome sent/maras on JM right now; they usually top damage/kills but they have never beat the next best dps by hundreds of thousands of damage. And the other classes have their great players too.
Cool story. Two days ago, while 4 guildies were running a flashpoint and while waiting for 3 more people to log in before an op, I was in a civil war where 8 strong players from 8 different guilds (which is really rare to see in a solo q) defeated a team with 3- focus knight one smugg heals premade in it. I was tops in damage on my team (about a thousand over a rage jugg), didn't die once and, since I was waiting to do an op, I was using a sorc specced 31 pt lightning with no points in backlash or electric bindings. All this stuff is irrelevant because it's the exception, not the rule.

Bottom line with the current state of pvp, if there's a average smash warrior in any warzone, he'll outdamage his non-smash-warrior teammates by something like 25%. Or more. In burst. That ain't balance.

And I don't want to hear about pyros, either, unless their railshot starts autocritting 5, instead of critting against one half the time it's triggered.