Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hood On/Off Toggle?


YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
10.23.2012 , 08:44 PM | #811
Quote: Originally Posted by MimicUnleashed View Post
FREEDOM!!!!! The Destroyer set in the new Cartel packs has this as an option. It's not legacy bound, but it is a level 31 item, it's got mods, and it binds on equip. The whole set costs 1200 cartel coins, which isn't too bad. I'm only wearing the chest. The gloves are just a set of grooper glovces I had, Republic Officer's pants, Rakghoul even boots and that's about it. The character was transfered to the PTS a LONG time go, so his gear sorta sucks, but at least now he has a hood-down robe. Hoozah!!!!!

And for those who also wonder: 375 coins for a race.

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...7/HoodDown.jpg
What do you mean "as an option"? Is there in-store a Destroyer - Hood up, and Destroyer - Hood down set? Or is there one set and when you buy it there's a hood-toggle option? if that's the case...are the rest of the Cartel coin gears with hoods like this, and if so, where is the aforementioned hood-toggle option?

Stealios's Avatar


Stealios
10.23.2012 , 08:56 PM | #812
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
What do you mean "as an option"? Is there in-store a Destroyer - Hood up, and Destroyer - Hood down set? Or is there one set and when you buy it there's a hood-toggle option? if that's the case...are the rest of the Cartel coin gears with hoods like this, and if so, where is the aforementioned hood-toggle option?
It has hood down instead of all the hood up that all other ingame rep robes have. That's what he means by 'option'. There is no toggle.

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
10.23.2012 , 09:25 PM | #813
Quote: Originally Posted by Stealios View Post
It has hood down instead of all the hood up that all other ingame rep robes have. That's what he means by 'option'. There is no toggle.
Okay. Cool.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
10.25.2012 , 08:38 AM | #814
Hi Bioware, how's the progress with the hood toggle? Armor in the Cash Shop is awful and I won't be purchasing any of it - not a single requested npc armor set is there, that has a hood down. I will be better off with hood toggle and current sets.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
10.25.2012 , 08:46 AM | #815
Quote: Originally Posted by MimicUnleashed View Post
It's level 31, which is fairly even with when we get non-robe looking armor anyway. I may be pissed that I have to buy it, sure, but just seeing my characters hair for the first time since wearing a trooper chest was enough to leave me dancing. It's a bandaid for a gunshot wound, but it's still a band-aid.
Dude, check out my thread. Those armor sets should've been a band-aid.

joenewbie's Avatar


joenewbie
10.25.2012 , 08:49 AM | #816
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Dude, check out my thread. Those armor sets should've been a band-aid.
That will come next month or the month after, after you've spent a lot of those Cartel coins so you have to buy more to get the "expanded" equipment. Don't forget this game is from the same people who brought you, 7 VHS editions of the movies before then releasing 8 editions of the DVD's soon to have the 8 special limited edition super gold mega fan pack for Blu-Ray with commentary from Jesus.
Roll your alts first, make the mistakes that teach you lessons, then roll your main and enjoy the ride.

GregGG's Avatar


GregGG
10.25.2012 , 10:57 AM | #817
I'm a Consular Sage and I have the opposite complaint. I want the hood up and the only Armor set, beyond some oranges, that has a hood up is the Force Master set (the only crafted light armor with a hood!). I'd like to wear some of those masks in the 49-50 ranges with a hood up but the armor sets for the consular are all no hood or hood down (I see them on the back). Again, I'd love to see that option applied to either put the hood up or down which I'm sure is a broken record by now. The programming side of this is probably more complex than many realize or else it would have been done by now. How many armor sets would have to be refactored to accomplish this - a lot. Any status updates on this, Bioware?

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
10.25.2012 , 11:53 AM | #818
Quote: Originally Posted by joenewbie View Post
That will come next month or the month after, after you've spent a lot of those Cartel coins so you have to buy more to get the "expanded" equipment. Don't forget this game is from the same people who brought you, 7 VHS editions of the movies before then releasing 8 editions of the DVD's soon to have the 8 special limited edition super gold mega fan pack for Blu-Ray with commentary from Jesus.
Uh... I only got Original Trilogy, I, II on VHS and RotS on DVD. I was waiting 8 years for the Blu-ray release :l

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
10.25.2012 , 11:55 AM | #819
Quote: Originally Posted by GregGG View Post
I'm a Consular Sage and I have the opposite complaint. I want the hood up and the only Armor set, beyond some oranges, that has a hood up is the Force Master set (the only crafted light armor with a hood!). I'd like to wear some of those masks in the 49-50 ranges with a hood up but the armor sets for the consular are all no hood or hood down (I see them on the back). Again, I'd love to see that option applied to either put the hood up or down which I'm sure is a broken record by now. The programming side of this is probably more complex than many realize or else it would have been done by now. How many armor sets would have to be refactored to accomplish this - a lot. Any status updates on this, Bioware?
Rubbish! Most of consular robes have hoods up...

Primarch_PWnD's Avatar


Primarch_PWnD
10.25.2012 , 01:19 PM | #820
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Hi Bioware, how's the progress with the hood toggle? Armor in the Cash Shop is awful and I won't be purchasing any of it - not a single requested npc armor set is there, that has a hood down. I will be better off with hood toggle and current sets.
I have to admit I was silly to believe them too. To think they'd actually add the NPC's armors to the store....

But if they did that, it'd be a step up from the current clown-costumes, and I'd actually be able to see my character's face, but they can't have that.....

It's almost like the armor appearances have become some kind of sick joke to them. I bet they sit around trying on the outfits and do what the rest of us do: laugh. The difference is, we laugh, but then we get sad when we realize they don't really care....

12-months since this game came out, and this thread has stayed on the first page on the forums. They keep saying that even the devs want a hood toggle, but they've released 2 new tiers of gear, only 1 of which is original (and the devs admitted that they know the players think they're aweful), the other a recolor of the aweful-ness, no hood-down appearances for jedi, and now the cartel store with literally no new armor appearances.

Also, let's ignore all the screenshots, promo videos, and other forms of advertisement that show hood-down robes and other armor that's not even available in the game.

At what point do I have a right to feel misled and lied to?
Profiteers of War and Destruction

Prophecy of the Five