Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aric Jorgan/Elara Dorne Promotion Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Aric Jorgan/Elara Dorne Promotion Question

Revanchilist
10.24.2012 , 04:39 PM | #1
Hey everyone, sorry to bother u guys but I have a quick small question concerning the Trooper story/whatever about the beginning of Act II.

As you know, when you are promoted to Captain you choose an Exectuive Officer as your second-in-command. And although I really, really, really, REALLY wish I'd just promote Elara, I think Jorgan truly does deserve the promotion to Lieutenant, his ORIGINAL rank. ANYWAYS, I'm probably going to promote Jorgan because it is rightfully his, but here's the question:

If I promote Jorgan over Elara, does it hurt/remove any chance of romancing Elara?
In other words, does my decision affect what Jorgan/Elara think of me? Because in the unlikely chance that I can't successfully romance Elara if I promote Jorgan, I'll promote her instead. Just curious, wow I just realized how long this 'quick question' is and sorry you had to read all this haha. Leave your answer down below, any and all answers are appreciated.

TalonVII
10.24.2012 , 04:57 PM | #2
No you don't.

I got full romance with Elorna even when i promoted jorgan to XO.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

Newyankalt
10.24.2012 , 05:26 PM | #3
Bros over hoes man. But really promote jorgan.

happysister
10.24.2012 , 09:35 PM | #4
speaking of that, if you did promote Elara instead of Jorgan, do you lose affection with him?
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic

TalonVII
10.24.2012 , 09:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
speaking of that, if you did promote Elara instead of Jorgan, do you lose affection with him?
no matter who you promote you'll lose a tad of affection, but you won't lose much.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

CrazyGreggy
10.25.2012 , 03:14 AM | #6
Jorgan's behaviour towards you at the very start of the game shows how he deals with subordinates. I wanted an option in conversation that said "I may just be a Sergeant, but which of us in in Havoc Squad and which of us was posted to a miserable dead-end command on a dump like Ord Mantell?".

He's an arse and was demoted by a General. Re-promoting him gives that General the finger and puts him in authority over a model officer who had the courage to defect from the Empire to the Republic.

Jorgan can sit at Sergeant until the entire squad gets promoted when you make Major. He's a bully and I wouldn't put him in command of a latrine-cleaning duty of cadets.

HellbirdIV
10.25.2012 , 03:29 AM | #7
No, neither Elara nor Jorgan makes a big fuss if you don't promote them even if you are romancing them. Which is good - it has rather unfortunate implications if you promote someone just because you're sleeping with them.

TalonVII
10.25.2012 , 09:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyGreggy View Post
Jorgan's behaviour towards you at the very start of the game shows how he deals with subordinates. I wanted an option in conversation that said "I may just be a Sergeant, but which of us in in Havoc Squad and which of us was posted to a miserable dead-end command on a dump like Ord Mantell?".

He's an arse and was demoted by a General. Re-promoting him gives that General the finger and puts him in authority over a model officer who had the courage to defect from the Empire to the Republic.

Jorgan can sit at Sergeant until the entire squad gets promoted when you make Major. He's a bully and I wouldn't put him in command of a latrine-cleaning duty of cadets.
Jorgan is not a bully. He's simply direct and wastes no time in getting the job done. Just because he isn't nice doesn't make him a bad solider. I met many people like him while was a US Marine. They are simply blunt people.

You're the kind of person i wouldn't have in command of latrine-cleaning. I'd trust jorgan at my back in combat. He gets the job done and doesn't worry about being nice about it.

Want to be nice, combat is the WRONG place for it.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

YoshiRaphElan
10.25.2012 , 03:45 PM | #9
I agree completely. You give nicey-nice orders in combat, your men die.

Revanchilist
10.25.2012 , 04:51 PM | #10
Haha alright thank you everyone for your clear and helpful responses. I appreciate your time and am happy to say that the now newly promoted Lieutenant Jorgan has got my back as Executive Officer of Havoc Squad.