Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

White LS crystal will be available in 1.5 but...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
White LS crystal will be available in 1.5 but...

Theodulus's Avatar


Theodulus
10.24.2012 , 03:51 PM | #21
Well the boxes certainly kill the crystal part of artifice since you can get +41 stat crystals with a level 10 requirement. I think you should be more worried about that. Now you can actually pay2win in lowbie PvP if you can equip 2 crystals since there are expertise versions too.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
10.24.2012 , 06:12 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MonkeyCannon View Post
Why cry about this? Most of you that got one did not have to work hard for it. Some of you paid for it and it was expensive but not impossible at all to get. The crystal is purely cosmetic. Are you afraid of losing your imaginary status symbol?

Start crying when real gear that does take hard work to get (like WH or Campaign gear) can be bought with cartel coins.
Didn't work hard? Man 2500000 credits was a fortune back in those days.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
10.24.2012 , 06:17 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Didn't work hard? Man 2500000 credits was a fortune back in those days.
2.5million credits is more nowadays than it was then. Back then I was sitting on about 20million credits, now I spend most of what I earn on legacy stuff.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 2/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
10.25.2012 , 02:49 AM | #24
Try to make money on an almost empty server with like 50 people on the fleet. I still miss Lord Calypho, though. I had to take a loan from few players to afford my 1.1.5 stuff
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

MonkeyCannon's Avatar


MonkeyCannon
10.25.2012 , 03:26 AM | #25
Back in the old days the respawn timers on chests and bosses was small so you could work out a farming cycle and get plenty of credits in an hour. Back in the old days slicing was king. Back in the old days there were many exploits to increase your income along with your farming. Back in the old days gathering enough credits to buy stuff like this was rather easy. Only catch is that you know what you're doing.

Now, if you don't craft lvl 26 or 27 item mods, you're pretty much stuck selling mats. But combine mat sales with doing all of your dailies (from space to pvp) every day and you can get 5 mil in several days atleast.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
10.25.2012 , 05:57 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
2.5million credits is more nowadays than it was then.
Really ? On those days, pre 1.2, Rakata was the top gear to get. I remember buying from the GTN the armorings that dropped from EV/KP for 500k. Got 2 of those. A mod for 400 and something. Do you see any Dread Guard armorings for 500k these days ?

Telanis's Avatar


Telanis
10.25.2012 , 04:06 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
Well the boxes certainly kill the crystal part of artifice since you can get +41 stat crystals with a level 10 requirement. I think you should be more worried about that. Now you can actually pay2win in lowbie PvP if you can equip 2 crystals since there are expertise versions too.
Lowbie PvP is scaled to level 49. Level 49 crystals are +31. A difference of 10 is not going to matter at all with the bolster.

MaliksKid's Avatar


MaliksKid
10.25.2012 , 04:18 PM | #28
They should sell the white crystal for 1000 BH comms.

Tough to get but not impossible.

Norsalith's Avatar


Norsalith
10.25.2012 , 04:29 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Online gambling is.
The amount of people who misunderstand the term "Gambling" amazes me. Gambling requires a bet with the hopes of increasing your monetary gain in some form. When you buy a pack of cards for any TCG, you get a random assortment of cards. X common, X uncommon, chance at 1 rare. This is NOT considered gambling, and in the same way the containers are not considered gambling. (Despite how people wish to call it such.)

You are buying a container that has a random loot table. You are not betting on an outcome in order to increase your wealth.
My opinion being different from yours does not make me a troll. It makes you irrational.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
10.26.2012 , 08:56 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Norsalith View Post
The amount of people who misunderstand the term "Gambling" amazes me. Gambling requires a bet with the hopes of increasing your monetary gain in some form. When you buy a pack of cards for any TCG, you get a random assortment of cards. X common, X uncommon, chance at 1 rare. This is NOT considered gambling, and in the same way the containers are not considered gambling. (Despite how people wish to call it such.)

You are buying a container that has a random loot table. You are not betting on an outcome in order to increase your wealth.
This is probably the kind of "technical" stuff BW might throw around to get it away with it. If you're not a lawer, you should be.
It doesn't matter if what people are after is wealth in the real world or a coveted item in some game. They will be beting with their real money against low chances in hopes of getting what they crave for (which you can bet are not 20 upari crystals)